Anyone diagnosed with Epilepsy?

I haven't done an introduction yet and new to all of this. I'm glad to see an epileptic section. Epileptic since 2000. I had a TBI in 1993 and then another neck/head injury in 1995. 6 months later, I had my first seizure on christmas day. Grand mals from then on. I've been on Dilantin, Depakote, Phenytek, lamictal, and now, for the past 2 years have some relief with the cocktail of Keppra/lamictal/celexa/digestive enzymes. When I say "some relief", I've mean I've had small spells of disorientation, auras,etc but no grand mals. I was attacked and had my head repeatedly bashed in 8 months ago by a guy who kep tresspassing and harassing my family and neighbors. So I'm just praying that they don't resurface. "MMJ" had been giving me a LOT of relief, when I'm able to find some. Even then the quality is sub par. Oh yeah my sister, as well as a few other family members, have epilepsy also. Maybe our gene pool needs a cleaning. ;) im doing some advocacy and now hoping to find some relief for my family.... I could go on and on about this but, that's the basics. Good luck with your Epilepsy, other disorders, and HAPPY SMOKING!

I'll try to refrain from continuously posting on this thread bc I'm a "Chatty Cathy" but thank you for sharing this thread HK. Also, Papa I can relate on many levels with your struggles with driving, wrecks, income, disability, and stereotypes. I haven't had any negative effects from Keppra though. I'm your neighbor in SC so hopefully we'll make some more progress past CBD's soon,. Check out Sanjay Gupta's "Entourage effect"

Marijuana Controls Epileptic seizure.
A 2003 study showed that marijuana use can control epileptic seizure.
Robert J. DeLorenzo, of Virginia Commonwealth University, gave marijuana extract and synthetic marijuana to epileptic rats. The drugs stopped the seizures in about 10 hours. It is found out that the THC controlled the seizures by binding the brain cells responsible for controlling excitability and regulating relaxation. The results were published in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.

Back
Top Bottom