Anyone familiar with Mexican dirt weed?

rhydogg

I have a plant that i know is some dirt... but I am growing it anyway. I'm a little over two weeks into flowering ( i believe) and a lot of the hairs are red already... Is this the "red hair" type, or will it be done flowering sooner than most other strains ? This is my first grow.... so I don't want to harvest too early... also I am very broke and haven't been able to get anything more than a 10x loupe to look at the trics with.... I'm in AZ and I bring it in every night for 12 hours... during the day it's already getting to be 101 !!!!! uugh !! Any suggestions, or coments would be great....

Re: Anyone familiar with Mexican dirt weed ??

I've had very good luck growing seeds from what I call Mexican ditchweed. The brick it came from was headache shit but the final product I grew from the seeds was excellent with lots of red hairs. The hairs were white first and I harvested when about 80% turned "red." Check in the Grow Journals section here.

people use the name dirt weed because it tastes like its name. its low grade commercial pot. imo if you grow it yourself it should be better than the stuff you got the seeds from because you will care for it, use females only etc. it won't be better weed really, just at its best. if those are all you have to grow then i say use them and while they are growing try to find some better seeds. good luck from a fellow new grower.

Thanks peeps.. gonna do my best... here is a pic,,, hairs turning red after only two weeks ???
DSC02754.JPG

Now why didn;t that pic post with the img on it like my others.....

Looks healthy, thats for sure. I'd say let it ride and see what happens.

Re: Anyone familiar with Mexican dirt weed ?

Mexican Dirt Weed looks good to me. Remember back in the day when buying a Ounce for $20 and it was kick ass. Good luck. :hmmmm::tommy:

Re: Anyone familiar with Mexican dirt weed ?

^^ Sure enough. I was thinking today how we used to smoke buds that had seeds in those $20.00 lids, and we got plenty high.

Mexican dirt weed is a sativa dominant and would have been much better smoke in it's day if it was treated right. I used to buy kilos for $200 that were so compressed that they were like wood!. I would put them in a steamy environment and let the buds fluff up and let them dry after. I would also take all loose seeds off before bagging and selling. I never had a problem getting top dollar for my lids.

Most of the pot was harvested before it was ready but the seeds would grow great bud if treated right. I grew from seeds like that and blew friends away back in the day. Like 1977.

Now that the Canadian government grow-op in Flin-Flon Manitoba is shut down the Supreme Court of Canada has no where to go but legalizing home grows to supply the legal medicinal pot supply.

Bill C-15 be damned without changes to the grow laws. Six months for a first offense for ONE plant! How the fuck are you supposed to keep high if you're only allowed one plant? Lets just keep buying it from organized crime so the cops can keep inflating their ranks to fight the gangs that only function due to prohibition.

Sure. That makes all sorts of sense.

I just can't understand why the powers that be (oil companies, big pharma etc), don't invest their mega bucks in hemp/cannabis/alternative energy sources and reap the rewards from the new reality!

We cannot keep raping our planet like we are and expect to survive as a species. The Chinese and Indians are working hard to become like us North Americans and will totally wipe out any gains we try to make re: carbon reduction/global warming.

Personally, as a diploma packing environmental technologist I think that this period of global warming is just Mother Earth doing her thing and spending tons of money to attempt to change it will have little or no affect on the outcome. YMMV

Don't get me wrong here! The global warming debate is kick-starting the green energy movement and is the best thing ever! Cheaper solar cells are popping up even ones that can be painted on a surface. Still very pricey but like any new technology the price comes down as the users go up. Anybody remember $1200 Beta tape machines?

Global warming is happening no doubt, but man's effect is not worth the effort to change it. Someday humans will be but fossils in the bedrock unless we make new homes on different planets.

To Mars we have to go first. The moon is a good place to launch from to get to Mars but deficient in minerals and the most precious, water. Then outward to new worlds as technology advances. I'd sure like to see how pot grows in a null gravity environment!

All strains of pot and their effects are subject to "the eyes of the beholder" and are only worth what the grower and his/her friends believe.

I believe I'll have another hoot. :0)

i can rember in the late 60s and early 70s paying $100-$120 a kilo for "commercial" aka dirt weed. it was harvested immature and usually dried in the sun. it was then spryed with coca cola and pressed into a brick. what fun i used to have with my hacksaw opening up a new kilo. i live in calif and have medical marijuana witch is the best in world. BUTT i miss that old dirt. i miss cleaning pot in a shoe box lid with a playing card. i miss picking out all the stems and wood and making tea. I miss being able to roll six joints and smoke them all in one afternoon.dont get me wrong the pot today is great, butt i wish i had some dirt from time to time.:surf:

i can rember in the late 60s and early 70s paying $100-$120 a kilo for "commercial" aka dirt weed. it was harvested immature and usually dried in the sun. it was then spryed with coca cola and pressed into a brick. what fun i used to have with my hacksaw opening up a new kilo. i live in calif and have medical marijuana witch is the best in world. BUTT i miss that old dirt. i miss cleaning pot in a shoe box lid with a playing card. i miss picking out all the stems and wood and making tea. I miss being able to roll six joints and smoke them all in one afternoon.dont get me wrong the pot today is great, butt i wish i had some dirt from time to time.:surf:

No shit eh?!

Buying a lid, taking it home and flipping the seeds out on top of a record album with the edge of your Zig-Zags. Good times for sure. We used to plant the seeds in the big flower pots in Richmond mall. They rarely got more than a couple of true leaves but made the front page of the "Richmond News" a few times. lol

We used to toss seeds everywhere just to see what happened. Lots of tall skinny little plants with no bud but Mexican seeds in Vancouver climate, no duh!

Lots of strains good to go in Canada now unless you live way north like me. We just got 12/12 light a couple of weeks ago and a killing frost last week. Bummer!

I need some auto flower seeds. Preferably AK47. Even two or three would give me enough to breed me a shit-load of seeds for next summer. I'd grow them indoors under 20/4 light just like it is most of the summer here. Planted in early June, sexed by early July and harvested by mid-August before the frost hits.

Sounds like a plan to me. What say you?

some of that dirt weed will blow your mind (sativa stone rules!) but too many seeds, stems, and its like 150 an ounce! I can get good stuff for 250 that isnt 1/3 stem 1/3 seed, and 1/3 of actual smokable material. Oregon has the best!!!

i went to my local dispensary and asked for dirt weed. he pulled out a jar of mex crap just like we used to get in the 60s and 70s. i love it.keep that high power shit and give me a good bomber rolled in a wheat straw.

i went to my local dispensary and asked for dirt weed. he pulled out a jar of mex crap just like we used to get in the 60s and 70s. i love it.keep that high power shit and give me a good bomber rolled in a wheat straw.

I hear ya there. Too many seeds in that stuff tho. I haven't paid for weed for the last thirty years. I've been growing stuff in the past that carries genes from seeds I got in the late seventies driving cab. Hawaiian, Thai etc. Lots of fun breeding and saving seeds. Then crossing some of them with some of the newer strains.

Too little time, too many bills <sigh>

Back
Top Bottom