Anyone familiar with this type of mutation?

zeke43

420 Member
This is a photo strain from Green House Seed Co called The Doctor seen here at day 13 from seed. I have two more of the same strain growing at different rates but with normal leaf structure whereas, if you notice, these leaves are trident and symmetrical. Not that I have much experience growing but this is my first mutant. Any info appreciated. Cheers!

Attachments

• 80D2D674-C967-4974-B222-B605DDC7F0E3.png
    80D2D674-C967-4974-B222-B605DDC7F0E3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 219
Welcome zeke43,to 420 !
Good to have you with us...
Do you mean the first set of leaves having 3 fingers?- not typical,but it does happen occasionally,
Not really a mutation,just the way some seedlings start out-it may or may not be strain related,it just seems
more or less to be a random thing-I've had 2 plants out of apx. 30 do it

Thank you for the quick replies. As I’ve said, I’m on my 4th grow (first indoor) and this was the first time I’d seen that particular leaf structure (photos or actual) and I wanted to see if this was a normal deviation which, thankfully, it would seem is the case. Thanks again.

This is a photo strain from Green House Seed Co called The Doctor seen here at day 13 from seed. I have two more of the same strain growing at different rates but with normal leaf structure whereas, if you notice, these leaves are trident and symmetrical. Not that I have much experience growing but this is my first mutant. Any info appreciated. Cheers!
I wouldn’t be worried about it at all but I’m not surprised to see a mutant with a green house seed co seed, every seed I had from them took nearly 2 weeks to germ (10 days at the least) and one turned out to be a freak show of a plant, granted the smoke turned out amazing, but with greenhouse seed co having the reputation they do for being whores about their breeding process, after Franco’s death I can’t bring myself to purchase from them, Arjun cares about 3 things and 3 things only, money, market share, and awards, that’s it! His passion for the plant has died off as his greed for money has grown. Just my .02, your plant should still turn out to be a decent gal though just care for her

I wouldn’t be worried about it at all but I’m not surprised to see a mutant with a green house seed co seed, every seed I had from them took nearly 2 weeks to germ (10 days at the least) and one turned out to be a freak show of a plant, granted the smoke turned out amazing, but with greenhouse seed co having the reputation they do for being whores about their breeding process... your plant should still turn out to be a decent gal though just care for her
Thanks for the background. I’d never heard of them but I had a chance to pick up a 3 pack of this strain that reviewed well and seemed to be a good fit medically. To your point, while all three seeds eventually germinated, this one lagged behind the others by a few days and struggled to shake the seed pod. In the last 3 days it’s overtaken both others in size although I find their progress a little slow. I have them in a hydro soil/perlite mix under LED/CFL with a plain water feed (I’m 15 days in from seed). Temp and Rh are pretty constant at 75F and 53% ad I’m running a 19/5 cycle. I’m about to start introducing some nutrients but I would concur with your observation that, compared to my other grows, they seem to be a tad slow out of the gate and two of the three are exhibiting some strange behaviour/growth. I guess I’ll have to dig around the forum a bit and see where everyone else likes to source their genetics. I’ve tried 3 other seed sources before and I’ve been generally underwhelmed although suspect that has more to do with my lack of experience. Personally, I’m discovering cannabis a little later in life since it held very little appeal to me as a young person but has proven invaluable medically. I was never anti but neither vocal proponent. Of course, now that I use it daily and my insurance doesn’t cover it, I’ve begun the humbling journey of learning to grow my own supply and realize I have a lot to assimilate.

So, yeah...thanks again for the info. I’m one of those people who has to totally immerse myself in what I’m learning and that’s includes all of these peripheral knowledge as well. Cheers.

Thanks for the background. I’d never heard of them but I had a chance to pick up a 3 pack of this strain that reviewed well and seemed to be a good fit medically. To your point, while all three seeds eventually germinated, this one lagged behind the others by a few days and struggled to shake the seed pod. In the last 3 days it’s overtaken both others in size although I find their progress a little slow. I have them in a hydro soil/perlite mix under LED/CFL with a plain water feed (I’m 15 days in from seed). Temp and Rh are pretty constant at 75F and 53% ad I’m running a 19/5 cycle. I’m about to start introducing some nutrients but I would concur with your observation that, compared to my other grows, they seem to be a tad slow out of the gate and two of the three are exhibiting some strange behaviour/growth. I guess I’ll have to dig around the forum a bit and see where everyone else likes to source their genetics. I’ve tried 3 other seed sources before and I’ve been generally underwhelmed although suspect that has more to do with my lack of experience. Personally, I’m discovering cannabis a little later in life since it held very little appeal to me as a young person but has proven invaluable medically. I was never anti but neither vocal proponent. Of course, now that I use it daily and my insurance doesn’t cover it, I’ve begun the humbling journey of learning to grow my own supply and realize I have a lot to assimilate.

So, yeah...thanks again for the info. I’m one of those people who has to totally immerse myself in what I’m learning and that’s includes all of these peripheral knowledge as well. Cheers.
Absolutely my friend, I was ashamed to hear of their background after I had purchased Jack Herer seeds from them, although the strains that were preserved in Franco’s name seem to hold good genetics (Arjun and Franco were partners till Franco passed).. of the 10 pack I bought I germinated 8, one never popped which I suspected not to when I saw it was a black seed, the one that replaced it was the freak show plant, I topped it too many times and it just grew massive, outdoor it would have thrived, even still it was taller than me indoors in hydro it was growing into the ceiling and then some lol.. as far as seed vendors, I’m having extremely good luck this go around with some g13 genetics I had recieved from a friend for free. They’re very vigorous and all were female. Those are in my signature if you want to see them, and many others are having really good luck with some Seedsman genetics, plus they’re a sponsor to this site, whatever your decision we wish you the greenest of gardens! Haha

G13 genetics heh? I see one of the sponsors here that I’ve dealt with in the past carries G13. I might like a few auto seeds for outdoors. Any recommendation for an easy (ie. forgiving) Indica, high potency with moderate yield that’ll grow anywhere in any condition? Thanks in advance.

Well, I gotta say they’re all pretty hearty from what I can see, these gals sat outside last night for the first time uncovered, it rained and it was in the mid to low 30’s, we almost had snow but not quite cold enough, woke up this morning and this is how they looked, there’s 2 skunk babies, 6 C99 babies, 6 blueberry gum babies and 2 triple cheese babies but those are from Barney’s farm not g13, however, you can see how well they all did, soo far they’ve been really forgiving for my aggressive growing style lol

Attachments

• 60CA7414-9180-408C-BAC3-4FAFFB79A4FF.jpeg
    60CA7414-9180-408C-BAC3-4FAFFB79A4FF.jpeg
    887.6 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom