Anyone get stoned before working out?

biohaze420

I go to the gym 4 times a week.

Just before i walk into the gym I have 5 -6 deep tokes on a pure joint.
So its just kicking in nicely as i hit the treadmill :smokin3:

i love it. i much prefer being in my stoney state when i'm there. time flies. my mp3 players kicking out some great tunes :tommy: . love it.

Also i can breath perfectly after a smoke. I have mild asthma.

I'm just about de-stoned after the session and my bloods still racing round my body, a perfect time to fire up a blunt. The THC gets delivered around your system mui rapido after training :Rasta:

I like to get high after working out... If I smoked before working out I would most likely just get comfortable and listen to music.

I get stoned before i get on the mat's.

I work at ups so I pretty much work out everyday yea I do like to smoke before I go and lift some heavy ass boxes...
Be careful doing that. If you get hurt they'll drug test you; and you'll be fucked as far as getting any medical bills paid or any lost wages replaced by workers compensation.

Be careful doing that. If you get hurt they'll drug test you; and you'll be fucked as far as getting any medical bills paid or any lost wages replaced by workers compensation.

thats how my friend got busted.

In my youth, I was fortunate enough to captain of one of my countries national sporting teams for 5 years or so, with 2 internationl tournaments under my belt. I had played sport at the elite national level for over a decade, then 5 years on the international scene. While everyone knew I smoked, I never did so before a workout or a game. It impaired my timing and I was told it would put undue stress on my heart, being that my sport is highly aerobic and smoking elevates your blood pressure and diminishes O2 uptake. Once on the international scene, I had to time my weed use so that I stopped a month before tournaments. Back then, urine testing was pretty basic and I never had a problem.
For social sport or workouts, I see no problem in using weed beforehand, but when it gets to the serious stuff, I am dead against using and playing.

ive done that before and i go there look around mayb do some machine things for a couple reps then im just like fuuuckk this.

im high almost everytime i work out due to the fact i have my own weight set at home and i usually stay out all day with my g/f smoking.......then i come home and lift until im tired enough to go to sleep.....its actually a good program because you have the most muscle synthesis right after you work out and you build most of your muscle while you sleep

Um...that would be pointless for me, seeing as how I get extremely hungry after smoking and would most likely be starving after a work-out. I would just eat up all the calories I had just burned.

I think the only way that smoking would help before working out would be your mood. Naturally it makes you feel better and that would probably translate to your work-out program. But I've read a couple of different studies that show that your maximum work-out will be decreased if you smoke beforehand, like to one of them below.
Acute effects of marihuana smoking on maximal exer...[Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1986] - PubMed Result

I don't smoke when I'm working out mainly for the fact that I don't want to be distracted and lethargic while I'm concentrating. Weed always (and I repeat always) makes me feel three things: 1. Hungry 2. Horny 3. Hebetudinous

^ a new word for the day.
hebetudinous (heb-i-TOOD-n-uhs -TYOOD-) adjective

Dull or lethargic, especially relating to the mind.

[From Late Latin hebetudo (dullness), from Latin hebes (dull).]

"Examination of precedents led the judge to his conclusion, but he had something to say first: 'It would be hebetudinous and obtuse to fail to be cognizant of the adverse consequences of a ruling in this case." James J. Kilpatrick; A Clown And a Blowhard on the Bench; Buffalo News; Apr 10, 1993.

"The audience waits in a kind of hebetudinous fixation, perhaps astonished at the perfectly sustained level of mediocrity." Kevin Kelly; 'Aspects of Love': Unlovable; The Boston Globe; Apr 27, 1990.

I ain't said anything like that since the last time I rolled down the aisle and dance on the pews speaking in tongues!

LOL.

I just wanted three words that started with H. "Tired" or "Sleepy" wouldn't cut it :(

I get very high before every session that I work out. I also get high before I goto Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I do it because I can think better and utilize my game more. I've specifically gone sober to see the difference and it is huge. I am 10x better stoned.

I might toke after lifting but never before, just seems kind of a waste to me. That and when I smoke before my lifts usually suffer, and I get a shitty workout.

Back
Top Bottom