Anyone have a link?

Doc Buds post on how to tell when to harvest... someone sent it to me and I can't find where they posted it for me .. ;/

Got what I needed from sweet Sue thankee!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bud View Post
It's a matter of personal preference, but here's how I look at it:

You're in mineralized, living soil so your triches may not go amber. Mine don't, same with a lot of us. So I don't use trichomes as the gold standard for harvest anymore, I use several factors:

1. growth characteristics. Drinking less water, not pushing out pistils, swelling and ripening is the harvest window opening. Re-growth of green leaves in buds and cessation of swelling....harvest window is closing. The triches may all still be clear/cloudy. There won't be much amber at all.
2. Medical needs. Do I need something really, really heavy? If so, I want an indica and I want to take it at the latter part of the harvest window. Do I need something not quite as heavy? Take it in the early portion of the harvest window.

3. Supply and demand. Do you need it sooner, or later? Will it be more convenient to take it in 2 weeks? These are real concerns as well, because if you develop the habit of harvesting at a really inconvenient time it takes some of the joy away. I try to harvest when it's most convenient, if at all possible.
So, I think I've gleaned from your journal that it stopped drinking as much, has cloudy triches, is putting out green leaves in the buds, AND you have a husband with real needs.....you'll probably do better making your decision based on these factors, not just the trichomes.

I simply don't get amber triches......pretty sure several others have the same "problem" and I suspect you might be one of the other misfits and ne'r do wells who grow in hyperactive soil and get body, soul and spirit involved in growing. We always seem to find eachother.

Back
Top Bottom