Anyone here been to Amsterdam?? if so How was the experience?

GanjaMan417

So I've been planning my trip to Amsterdam and finally getting down to the details.. places to stay, places to see and eat.. and of course the coffee shops I want to try and hit first :grinjoint: I've been looking into some of the greenhouse effects apartments to stay in for a week and they look like pretty nice places.. 170 euro a night for a 4 person apartment which equals out to around $250usd a night split between 4 people your looking around
$62 to $64 a person per night so around $440 for a week per person.. not bad at all imho..

Anyways from other peoples experience what's a pretty decent time to visit?? I've been looking into maybe september and want to go for my 22nd birthday. Airline tickets have been around $680-$750 round trip for september and I know it's a lot more during the peak season yet there is a lot more going on that time of year.. so whats better spend a little less and go around the down season or spend a little more and have more to do during the peak season say around spring into summer?? and do you think it would be safe to visit with around $2500 to $3000 for a week abd would I be able to check out Rotterdam and Haarlem also?? :allgood:

thanks man yea it's one of my goals that I need to complete this year haha :allgood:

i went in march and that was too early. temps in the 30's & 40's.
go when its warm enough to rent a bicycle

i like the abbraxas coffee house near dam square.

i didnt care for the food, but im an american fast food junkie.
this scene about sums it up for me, if there was a taco shop in amsterdam, i would never have come home.

YouTube - How to order food in Holland

Just play it cool there. MOst of the shops are now run by the mob. The Dutch have been cracking down a bit; they're getting sick of tourists, including Americans, coming over and overdosing. Don't take any weed and smoke in the street. Keep it inside the store or in some place private. Amsterdam is a city; you lose control of yourself, you can get robbed. Would you walk around Los Angeles or New York City totally baked? Be especially careful by the Centraal Station. Amsterdam is very much like New York City, except with these confusing concentric canals. If you get ripped, you'll feel very disoriented.

That said, a note upon etiquette. Most of the people you meet speak English. All will smoke with you. But, the Europeans love to mix tobacco with their weed. And, some can act insulted if you don't want to smoke their joint, bowl, etc., if there is tobacco in it. So, be careful on that point.

Stay at the IYH federation youth hostel in Vondel Park if you really do want some brief respite and a place that you can call home base. Other hostels will become total party city a la Animal House with little chance to sleep and possibly getting ripped off. At the IYH, you can lock things up, have help with currency changes, get decent directions, etc.

If you like to get stoned, this place is paradise. Just don't overdose or you may wind up both ripped off and in jail. If you can go with a friend, you can watch each other's back. Also, take a credit card and ATM card rather than tons of cash. Let your banks know you are going or they can stop them, thinking there is fraud. Also, don't pack any weed across the border unless you really, really like to gamble. Let yourself air out for a day before leaving because the scent will remain on your clothes. There are sometimes dogs at the airport who will sniff you.

Another fun thing to do is to go to the Red Light district. The women are in the front, sometimes in windows. I suspect there is the equivalent for women tourists, too. If you're looking to get laid, this place is also pretty convenient. But, that's getting outside the scope of this site. Anything else, let me know.

Of course, there are the usual touristy things to do. If the weather is nice and you have time, rent a bicycle. The museums can get a bit tedious. Of course, there is the Van Gough musuem, the Anne Frank House, and the State museum. Go to other cities. You can get stoned in Haarlem, just smell around. There are even parks where you can go hiking if you like the outdoors. I think is was spelled something like Kennemerduinen. I wound up in Zaandvort, being totally lost most of the day and eating berries off bushes until I got out. I went at the very beginning of October. The weather was nice the first day, then it started to get cooler. The problem with going at such a time is that the temperatures can change and you may have to carry a bit more. Yes, in a week, yoiu can go to Amsterdam and Haarlem. I'd also try to add the Delft area. Use second class train tickets.

Have fun.

P.S., I am now a bit older, but, if you guys need an extra person....

OVERDOSE? thats crazy talk.

how do you overdose on marijuana?

ive been trying unsuccessfully for 20 plus years

i dont even know what overdosing on marijuana means.

when ive attempted to overdose, usually i end up breaking up more grass not realizing i already broke up enough, not realizing i already rolled another joint, not realizing there is an unlit doobie in my hand and a lighter in the other.

i suppose if you ate too many pot brownies it could happen. when i did that i just went to bed and woke up the next day feeling fine. no hangover either.

how many joints or bongloads does it take to overdose?

every stoner should go to amsterdam at least once, its like a football fan going to cooperstown,
no wait i meant canton ohio.

OH MY GOD IVE OVERDOSED!

The space cakes in Amsterdam are profoundly potent, and to newcomers and some seasoned smokers, the high can be overwhelming to the point you must retreat and laydown. In many cases vomiting can occur. It is simply because of the hash used and the quantity in the cakes. In Australia, we call the reaction 'greening out' - where your face goes ash grey, and you feel just dreadful.
This has been such a problem in Holland with tourists 'greening out' on the space cakes, that the Government has warnings all around the cafes, and advisories in tourist bureaus. Cannabis Cafes endorse this advice, as they know just how potent they are. The warning is to enjoy, but be wary lol

haha I've always wanted to see what space cakes were all about. By the way 420friendly I love hiking and being outdoors so I'm definatly looking into a couple of parks outside of Amsterdam and Haarlem. I really want to go around september do you think the weather would be warm enough to rent a bike for a couple of days?? Thanks for the input :grinjoint:

the mob?! theres a mob in Amsterdam?? that crazy! kinda makes me scared to go there alone.lol i would still love to visit, even if that means traveling with random people throughout the night.lol:grinjoint:

Just play it cool there. MOst of the shops are now run by the mob. The Dutch have been cracking down a bit; they're getting sick of tourists, including Americans, coming over and overdosing. Don't take any weed and smoke in the street. Keep it inside the store or in some place private. Amsterdam is a city; you lose control of yourself, you can get robbed. Would you walk around Los Angeles or New York City totally baked? Be especially careful by the Centraal Station. Amsterdam is very much like New York City, except with these confusing concentric canals. If you get ripped, you'll feel very disoriented.

That said, a note upon etiquette. Most of the people you meet speak English. All will smoke with you. But, the Europeans love to mix tobacco with their weed. And, some can act insulted if you don't want to smoke their joint, bowl, etc., if there is tobacco in it. So, be careful on that point.

Stay at the IYH federation youth hostel in Vondel Park if you really do want some brief respite and a place that you can call home base. Other hostels will become total party city a la Animal House with little chance to sleep and possibly getting ripped off. At the IYH, you can lock things up, have help with currency changes, get decent directions, etc.

If you like to get stoned, this place is paradise. Just don't overdose or you may wind up both ripped off and in jail. If you can go with a friend, you can watch each other's back. Also, take a credit card and ATM card rather than tons of cash. Let your banks know you are going or they can stop them, thinking there is fraud. Also, don't pack any weed across the border unless you really, really like to gamble. Let yourself air out for a day before leaving because the scent will remain on your clothes. There are sometimes dogs at the airport who will sniff you.

Another fun thing to do is to go to the Red Light district. The women are in the front, sometimes in windows. I suspect there is the equivalent for women tourists, too. If you're looking to get laid, this place is also pretty convenient. But, that's getting outside the scope of this site. Anything else, let me know.

Of course, there are the usual touristy things to do. If the weather is nice and you have time, rent a bicycle. The museums can get a bit tedious. Of course, there is the Van Gough musuem, the Anne Frank House, and the State museum. Go to other cities. You can get stoned in Haarlem, just smell around. There are even parks where you can go hiking if you like the outdoors. I think is was spelled something like Kennemerduinen. I wound up in Zaandvort, being totally lost most of the day and eating berries off bushes until I got out. I went at the very beginning of October. The weather was nice the first day, then it started to get cooler. The problem with going at such a time is that the temperatures can change and you may have to carry a bit more. Yes, in a week, yoiu can go to Amsterdam and Haarlem. I'd also try to add the Delft area. Use second class train tickets.

Have fun.

P.S., I am now a bit older, but, if you guys need an extra person....

I went in the spring and stayed in Haarlem. Took the train into Amsterdam. Haarlem's great! Go to Willie Wortel's places -- Sativa, Indica, and there is one more. I liked Haarlem b/c it was smaller. I'm not a huge party person. A'dam is really nice as well though. Check out the International Cannabis Museum.

Hi,
I actually went last November. TV and Movies can't begin to describe the place. I've been writing my memories of the trip ever since and finally started putting them together for folks to see.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom