Anyone here in Canada when do you harvest your plants?

Annex420

I'm in Northern Ontario and later this week its gonna get to +2c at night which is pretty cold. I covered my plant up on Sunday night with a tarp and we ended up getting frost. Just curious to when others in Canada where Frost happens this time of year , when do you harvest and is your plants done growing? Mine i'd say has another 2 weeks left, still lots of white hairs, But I know some people plant in the bush and i'm sure they don't go and cover a dozen plants, or is my plant slow and is supposed to be done at this point.

Such a variance on Strains as some ready in 7 weeks and others can go 12 weeks+, Mother Nature complicates it even more, which is a draw back to growing outside. Too much rain late in flower can mess them up and you can end up having to harvest early as better than losing a bunch of it to bud rot. I'm sure if it gets too cold it can kill them off faster, but they are already in the process of dying anyway, as they know winter is coming and they are just doing a last ditch attempt at getting pollinated so they can reproduce. IMHO not something you can go by "time on a calendar", similar to strictly following what's wrote on the nutrient bottle, as it's more of a go by what the plant is telling you (if it's done, if it's too cold, etc..).

Thanks for the info, First time growing and I just learned few weeks back the strain I planted needs 9-10 weeks, so I hope she makes it to Oct 10 or 8 (Thanksgiving in Canada ) LOL need to get some faster strains for next year. One thing with the cold is some of the plant is turning purple, its pretty cool looking.

I absolutely love a frost on my girls when they’re close to finish! Really kicks them into high gear, as you said some strains start turning purple, leaves start browning.
I’m in the mountains not far from Canadian border. Critical and Critical Fast has finished well for me.. Not uncommon to see frost here this time of yr or sooner.. Not happening this year tho.. Crazy weather..
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom