Anyone like themselves better high?

Tie-Dyed Soul

Now, I'm not talking about smoking as an escape. I still like myself as much high as I do sober, but at the same time, I notice my good qualities amplified when I'm high.

For instance, I am much, much more patient when I'm high. I am more empathetic, and while I consider myself to be very open minded, I find those two things alone make me even more open minded. I like the way I am more optimistic, as pessimism is a trait ingrained with each person in my family.

Again, I don't mean this as an "I need to be high to be happy and feel good about myself" thing, but more as I like the qualities that are emphasized when I am high.

Anyone feel the same?

Peace and lots of love,

Paul

Haha... Good call moose. I suppose my wording was a tad confusing, I still have those qualities normally, but I feel they are accentuated when I'm high.

Kind of like how using cannabis can make you feel more creative, when in fact those ideas where there, being high just brings them out easier? Make sense?

I do actually. Not that I dont like myself 'over the influence'(sober) rather than under (high), just that I find a lot of my mannerisms improve(in my opinion - as my girl says she prefers me in some ways dry(she dont know how it feels))for example - I am a lot more humble and tollerant stoned - I think I can be a bit of an arrogant prick straight sometimes - I also find this to be a by product of my untreated condition: depression and anxiety. When I dont feel good about myself or i.e. I am anxious/depressed - I become hardened internally and therefore express that outwardly as judgement and arrogance, a coping mechanism to deal with the discomfort I am experiencing. It is not a choice as such, just after a month or two of dryness I become different in ways I see as less than beneficial. When I smoke or injest THC in any form - this stops and I become a humble, spiritual friend to all and will go out of my way for a perfect stranger in need. I have more time to listen and do so more tetatively, which allows me to fully understand the person and respond accordingly. When I am dry I just do not have the patience to listen to anything that does not involve money, work or my immediate concerns. I also am a lot more tollerant when medicated and accept peoples differences and such with more ease - I will not judge anyone who is not harming others by their existance - when I am dry I expect a certain standard and will loose respect for those who fall short of my expectations i.e. a man who comes into my place of business with no shoes and old clothes - when I am high he will be treated like anyone else, if not better. I am also not so frantic when medicated and get things done without stressing as much about time. I am more likely to donate to charity or help someone in need when medicated as I am comfortable in that state and want others to be comforatable too - and I feel I like myself better in this state - high.

To the original post - yes I do. It's one of the reasons I ingest Cannabis products. Talk about happy-go-lucky. lol

Back
Top Bottom