Anyone make DIY calmag?

I make WCA which is a 1 to 10 mix of 1 part cooked eggshells to 10 parts rice vinegar. So 1 cups of cooked shells to 10 cups rice vinegar. Let it sit for 15-20 days to finish. I use it at a 1 to 1000 mix.

158997855_10224138706553493_3941041103675848401_o.jpg

While in between calmag orders I made an emergency diy version today. I dissolved a large bottle of calcium pills in water. Added Epsom salts at 1/2 the amount of the calcium. I will probably change that ratio up a little to mimic more closely the commercial calmag.
I've read Emilya's thread on diy calmag with dissolved eggshells. Very cool, but calcium pills were close at hand, and eggs weren't.

My Botanicare calmag has 2% Nitrogen. I once read that this is necessary for it to work (?)

Anyone think this will work, or not, or have any comments? Thanks folks. :passitleft:
Been a long while and I don't know why this old calmag thread popped up mate but...course it all works. Everyone is a chemist/plant biologist after growing a weed, who said a good ganja dumbs people down? They want to come and see how stoners step up and learn everything when they get a plant to grow lol
Completely missed the whole thread apart from the beginning mate tbh but if you looked at that title now you'd well have the answer

Back
Top Bottom