Anyone use far red after lights out?

Mcjoint

Been reading about a flower initiator. Where you turn one some red led one for about ten mins after your main lights turn off. The idea is that help the plant transition over to sleep mode. With out the red it takes two for the plant to transition over. So the idea is to be able to flower with 14 hours on and 10 off using the red leds.

Have you got a link to this? Would be an interesting read, from what I know though the plants use more red spectrum light when in flower, leaving a light on could cause potential side effects I remember reading about someone who used an electric heater and had issues because they didnt realise there was a little orange light on it. Not sure why youd want to try to flower on a 14/10 I look forward to the 12/12 then 11/13 flip, my energy bills thanks me for it haha

Have you got a link to this? Would be an interesting read, from what I know though the plants use more red spectrum light when in flower, leaving a light on could cause potential side effects I remember reading about someone who used an electric heater and had issues because they didnt realise there was a little orange light on it. Not sure why youd want to try to flower on a 14/10 I look forward to the 12/12 then 11/13 flip, my energy bills thanks me for it haha

Well the purpose too flower under 14/10, is for a bigger yield. In fall at sun set, there is supposed to be a red sky. The red is want tells the plants it is lights out. Indoor growing with out the red light, it takes two hours before the plant realizes it is lights out. So when you do 12/12 the plants thinks it 12/10. By using the red lightl to signal the plant it is lights out you can have more light time, which let's the plant store more energy for growth. I believe the name for this is the Emerson effect. This is supposed to work out doors as well letting you flower sooner. You should look into gas Lantern routine, it seems to work well for me, only 13 hours of veg time. You do 12 on 5.5 off 1on and 5.5 off.

Back
Top Bottom