Anyone use GH RapidStart for cloning solution? 7 days and no roots here

TheFertilizer

IMG_20170315_140620.jpg

I'm not the best at cloning, but I've done it a few times with high success rate. However, last two times using rockwool and GH Rapid Start I haven't had good success. Last time I thought I was keeping things too moist, but I I have kept it much drier in there and have the cubes resting on perlite just to make sure they air out a little more.

I don't think I've been messing with them too much this is the 7th day and the first time I checked for roots and I don't see any signs of anyway. Maybe one, but it's hard to tell because of the perlite.

I'm noticing they're starting to look droopier and I'm wondering if I should take the dome off. It doesn't seem to be doing anything anyway, doesn't get very foggy. The one time I've ever successfully cloned with rockwool, I don't think I used a dome at all. I usually use a tub and a bubbler with no dome and usually get close to 100% root rate doing that. So I'm leaning pretty heavily towards taking the dome off. Figured I'd get a second opinion first though, because all previous times I had success I've also been using much better cloning solution--not sure what was in it because a friend already prepared it for me.

Anyway, yeah... So out of these three, which do you guys (and gals) think it is?

1. Dome keeping them too wet
2. RapidStart not good cloning solution
3. I'm inpatient

IMG_20170315_140620.jpg

I'm not the best at cloning, but I've done it a few times with high success rate. However, last two times using rockwool and GH Rapid Start I haven't had good success. Last time I thought I was keeping things too moist, but I I have kept it much drier in there and have the cubes resting on perlite just to make sure they air out a little more.

I don't think I've been messing with them too much this is the 7th day and the first time I checked for roots and I don't see any signs of anyway. Maybe one, but it's hard to tell because of the perlite.

I'm noticing they're starting to look droopier and I'm wondering if I should take the dome off. It doesn't seem to be doing anything anyway, doesn't get very foggy. The one time I've ever successfully cloned with rockwool, I don't think I used a dome at all. I usually use a tub and a bubbler with no dome and usually get close to 100% root rate doing that. So I'm leaning pretty heavily towards taking the dome off. Figured I'd get a second opinion first though, because all previous times I had success I've also been using much better cloning solution--not sure what was in it because a friend already prepared it for me.

Anyway, yeah... So out of these three, which do you guys (and gals) think it is?

1. Dome keeping them too wet
2. RapidStart not good cloning solution
3. I'm inpatient
Did you take the dome off daily ? If not they need fresh air .

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

Did you take the dome off daily ? If not they need fresh air .

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

No I've just been opening the vents. Well I've taken the dome off a couple of times to check through the fog, but haven't left it off for very long at all. I'm not sure I get the point of the dome, is it just for the beginning?

No I've just been opening the vents. Well I've taken the dome off a couple of times to check through the fog, but haven't left it off for very long at all. I'm not sure I get the point of the dome, is it just for the beginning?
Yes after the first 2 or 3 days take it off and if they droop put back if not just leave open. I cloned in peat moss mix with regular powder rooting hormone from ace hardware . 90% with no special care taken . If it lived the first 2 day they should be ok.
ec4b290591171272b1109f8d3836d425.jpg
they have roots showing after 8 days in cups

"carpe diem"

So far 6/8 are showing roots. A little concerned because one of the larger ones looks almost like it has some kind of rot/mold or something at the base. Almost like damping off, but only on one side. It's kind of purpleish though so I'm not sure if it's just the clone-X that I might have sloppily got on there. I scraped it a little with my fingernail though and there was green underneath, but there was one spot where I had a perlite pebble on it to block out the light and it looks like some mold grew on that area because it's grey and white. Soo not sure if I will try to hit that with some baking soda or just toss it.

I'm waiting until tomorrow for some Extreme Gardening Mykos to come, and for the roots to get a little longer. But so far so good because I have all the plants I need now. Was just hoping all the bigger cuts would root so I didn't have some smaller than the others, but it's a good start.

IMG_20170315_140620.jpg

Top row, Furthest right
Bottom row, Second from the right

Those are the only two that haven't rooted... So far.

Back
Top Bottom