Anyone Use Tape

sinbad

Hello all, into my third (or is it fourth) legal season and last grow there was this beautiful Afgani that had been revegeted and in the process was very, very top heavy. So much as to split the main stem when bumped.
Quickly utilizing what was nearby (duct tape) I split small pieces around the split, like a splint, and then taped the stem to an inserted wooded dowl (5 ft) to support the beast.
After harvest, I thought I wouldn't take a chance, but noticed the split had healed right over and she could've gone on for who knows how long! The travesty!

:420:

Yup... anything short of complete breakage is easily dealt with like you dealt with it- simple tape. In fact, you can probably even save complete breakage if the broken off hunk does not need too much water (i.e., it's a small stem). I say this because one can graft this plant- so one takes short growing stems and sticks them into a cut stem of another plant. Add tape and the graft will heal. Just like roses, fruit trees and (I learned this year) tomato plants.

Back
Top Bottom