Anyway to induce preflowering?

Edward Scissorhash

My plants are 2 days from 7 weeks old in veg. I started veg day count the day all 6 were upright and all producing their first true leaves.

They do not have preflowers. They are 100% Indica dominate strain, seed bank fem seeds, and kush.

I vegged since day 1 with 24/0 photoperiod. The last two days I've given them 6 hours of dark, 18/6 because I am trying to make them preflower because my room I have is full and bushed out and I am ready to start flowering but from what I understand there's only negatives to flowering without preflowers.

Is doing 18/6 going to help you think? I was hoping within 5 days of 18/6 I could get them preflowers and start budding them when I planned. Worse case scenario: get them to preflower within 15 days.

thanks

I was gonna flower them 5-10 days after this picture My 3.5x4 room is quite full and they got 2 months of budding/stretching so it should be plenty big enough to start flowering I think.
day_453.jpg

Just switch the lighting to 12/12 or reduce it daily untill you reach 12 hrs of darkness.

I have never heard of any negative effects of flowering before seeing pre-flowers.

agreed

This won't make less of a yield if they have to grow buds from nothing? Its my first grow and from all I understand about budding time is that my strain has a 50-60 day completion.

if i flowered without preflower would i add time to my 50-60 days or would it be the same? If it's gonna be 50-60 no matter what, i feel like i would get more harvest if i had sexual maturity/pre flowers first. does that make sense?

I read that people take a cutting from a plant and 12/12 them to test for male/female and I read it takes 2 weeks or up to 2 weeks for the gender to show when forced. If that means I will only get 36-46 days of actual bud grown It sounds like im ripping my plants off.

i plan on checking my plants for harvest with magnification but i was still goin to go with my seedbanks budding time estimate of 50-60 days as an idea of when to look. thanks

This won't make less of a yield if they have to grow buds from nothing?

No... Are you wanting to sex the plants? You can take cuttings and put them in 12/12 to tell then cull the males.

The 50-60 days for flowering is just to give you an idea to compare with other strains. Depending on growing conditions you may have a shorter or longer flowering stage. Check out What are Trichomes? Trichome 101 to learn how to determine when your ladies are ready to harvest.

thanks for all the responses everyone, I see that all the confusion I had was just...confusion lol..
im going to 12/12 them in 2-3 more days, I think, depending on how my screen looks then.

I got a scrog going, 3 or 4 of my 6 are all bushed up nice to my screen, and are the same height as it. then i got 2-3 other ones that are just as bushy and nice that are like 2 inches under the screen still. should I wait for those ones to get to the screen before I flip to flowering?

First Grow - 400W MH/HPS - Critical Kush & Dream Queen - Scrog

check out this journal of my first grow, I appreciate all the help I can get, and hopefully my 2nd grow thanks to 420 magazine and my hands on experience from this first grow, I won't be a tol noob. :grinjoint:

Cultivator that depends on growing style.
If u grow is a huge pot, you want to veg long
Enough for the roots to fill that pot before
Flower and u will get a larger yield.

Mate his question was will his plant not showing preflowers affect his yield, the answer is no. Obviously bigger plants give bigger yields. If all he is interested in is the fact there are no preflowers showing, then thats no problem at all.

Cultivator, true.

I notice that I always get preflowers under any lighting, even 24, if the plant gets old enough, usually around two months no matter what, pistils will grow all over. If not at two, then at three months.

But yeah, you are proof that you can pull 8oz off a plant in small pots that hardly vegged at all. I am sure you could do almost the same thing in coco, just grow a tad longer.

Back
Top Bottom