Aphids Glow Bright Green!

Morda Grown

I just had to post this here. You may have already known about this, I just found out tonight. I thought it may be of some help to all. Check your plants at night with a black light... Aphids glow bright green! As bad as aphids can be early detection is key to fighting them. I will be adding a black light check on my plants every night from now on.

Have a look!

I just had to post this here. You may have already known about this, I just found out tonight. I thought it may be of some help to all. Check your plants at night with a black light... Aphids glow bright green! As bad as aphids can be early detection is key to fighting them. I will be adding a black light check on my plants every night from now on.

Have a look!
That is an awesome trick I hope I never have to use Morda! I would, however, advise against ever firing up a black light in a motel…somethings cannot be unseen lol. Thanks for posting this!

I'm going to hit it tonight and try and get some better pics, may do a quick vid if they show better.

Ok who's messing with my head? :rolleyes:

Last night I scanned my plant with a blacklight. The plant lit up with green spots and when I checked with a regular light, it was aphids glowing. Tonight I went out to get some better shots. I did not see 1 glowing spot. I thought that was odd. I snipped a popcorn bud and brought it to see if any aphids were on it thinking I had sprayed most of what was left off. To my shock there were aphids yes and they did not glow tonight. WTF. I am totally scratching my head.

I did a video under my microscope...

I'm sure it is not the reason but, the only difference from last night to tonight was a harvest moon shining bright.

@charliewaffles Was it you... Make them glow florescent green again. :rofl:

aphidsuvlight.jpg

I demand a refund! :D

Ok who's messing with my head? :rolleyes:

Last night I scanned my plant with a blacklight. The plant lit up with green spots and when I checked with a regular light, it was aphids glowing. Tonight I went out to get some better shots. I did not see 1 glowing spot. I thought that was odd. I snipped a popcorn bud and brought it to see if any aphids were on it thinking I had sprayed most of what was left off. To my shock there were aphids yes and they did not glow tonight. WTF. I am totally scratching my head.

I did a video under my microscope...

I'm sure it is not the reason but, the only difference from last night to tonight was a harvest moon shining bright.
Uh oh - they’re organizing…we’re all in trouble lol! I don’t know what would cause them to disappear, except maybe realizing you caught ‘em in the act…

Now that is a cool photo!!!! You gotta enter that one!!!
I agree its awesome but it is not mine. After I saw them not glowing I did a image search for aphids glow under UV light and that came up.

Hmmm unless I walk in my sleep pretty sure it wasn’t me. But that is an amazing pic!!
LOL I was just joking. ;) Yeah I thought since mine did not want to show themselves to me again, I would do a search. I thought am I going crazy, or did I smoke too much hash. :D

For those interested, I found the Ladybug eating aphids pic in an article on Story Trender called:

Nature in the spotlight – Insects and plants under uv lights​

There are some other very cool pics in the read.

I am soooooooo glad that I did not see a single aphid this year. Now if I can figure out a way to deal with the earwigs in the front yard Sunflower patches...

Nice. I wonder why I didn't think of trying that since I use a Black light Flashlight all the time by my shed to hunt for scorpions... Duh.... lol.
I'm going back some time here now, but do you ever find any? And what do you do to them when you do? Shoot em with a 9mm?

Back
Top Bottom