Appriciation if you good ppl of 420 could help a brotha out!!..

TheEternalOne

Hey whatsup to all you get high tokers out there, was a bit aprehensive joining this site as for ip address being watched n all that idiotic law stuff, but really needed you lots help..
Anyway..
I have looked at a lot of posts on here before just popping this thread, but still in need of assistance..

Facts:
So in the 120x120x200 tent is..
TT-100 4" Fan.
Buddy Products 4" Filter.
currently using a 400w mh bulb for cutting/veg. 20/4.
oscilating 12 inch fan.
4l warm mist humidifier.
small ionizer.
6, 1.5 week old blue cheese cuttings in 15 inch black pots in soil
lamp is approx 90cm above top of plants.
duct is blowing out to window.

Problem:
THE ONLY way i can reduce the temp in tent to around 77f is by leaving the tent door open which for now isnt too much of a prob but when the aroma starts to build up down the line obviously it is gonna be! Iv tried with no luck to sort it..
no gaps/openings in tent so the fans and filter can do its jobs - temp way too high stays around 86f! rh around 75.
tent door/gaps open - loss of humidity rh drops around 52. temp around 77f.
so you see its either cater for rh or temp!
i know temps n rh are a common prob but im only using a 400w mh right now, im dreading the time when the 600 hps goes in if 400mh is hot like this plus as i stated i cannot afford for all the veg stage smell to be wafting round the building like that or its game over.
from what iv gathered ideal temp should be between 70 - 80 f max. rh 60 - 80 max.

Big appriciation for any wisdom on this if any of you have solved the same issues:passitleft:

Ye well welcome to :420:

Might want to try an air cooled hood set up to lower temps etc (better to blow air through hood than rather suck it)

Basic rig - carbon filter, fan, some ducting, air cooled hood, some more ducting = exhaust.

Standard rig - (A) fan, ducting, air cooled hood, ducting = exhaust (B) carbon filter, fan, ducting = exhaust.

RH need to be lower mainly in flowering as not to cause bud rot... ideally ya should try to keep it 40% to 60% no higher than 70%, watch out for RH spike during lights of period it does happen 90% plus if ya not careful.

Run extraction fan 24/7.

Carbon filter doesn't always cut the ice for odor control when in mid to late flowering so odor eating gels/blocks may be needed to mask smell/pong of our favorite herb.

If ya think the smell in flowering is a problem just wait in till the slow air dry & curing period :Namaste:

Might want to try an air cooled hood set up to lower temps etc (better to blow air through hood than rather suck it) Basic rig - carbon filter said:
(A)[/B] fan, ducting, air cooled hood, ducting = exhaust (B) carbon filter, fan, ducting = exhaust.

Thanks for the info. So for the air cooled hood i would need to buy another carbon filter and fan ? any particular one/kind?
its still in early veg stage, when does the smell start to become noticable?

Back
Top Bottom