Aquarium lights

jetsgrower

hi guys a quick question can I use my 48" 80watt double tube fluorescent light for veg my closet gots bud growing in it and I would like to start gelato auto bruce banner auto and blackberry auto in my 60 gallon tank thanks

Yes and no. Yes it will work, but not well. Its likely the wrong spectrum, assuming your 80w is ment for a planted aquarium
The lighting is likely 6500k... but if you check your light and its either 2700k, 3000k, 3500k or 4000k yip it will work.
Imo

6500-7000k give great results for veg. It's the closest spectrum to mid day sun and will give you tight node spacing and shorter plants due to the blue spectrum. Half of the aquarium lights can be used for cannabis. Some of the big planted tanks that use CO2 can have 12 bulb fixtures above them that are identical to some of the big T5s that growers here use. Sometimes they are rated better for moisture resistance.

6500-7000k give great results for veg. It's the closest spectrum to mid day sun and will give you tight node spacing and shorter plants due to the blue spectrum. Half of the aquarium lights can be used for cannabis. Some of the big planted tanks that use CO2 can have 12 bulb fixtures above them that are identical to some of the big T5s that growers here use. Sometimes they are rated better for moisture resistance.

Better informed answer, thank you.

If your bulbs are old you may want to replace them. They lose efficacy after about 6-8 months. They may still function but not at their optimum.

Are your bulbs T8s or T5s? I think that T5s last longer but I'd have to check on that too be sure.

Yes, T 12 sounds correct. They are the largest bulb type used in aquaria. They are older tech so I thought you may have had a newer bulb type. They are mostly using leds , T5s and T2s now.
The gases inside deplete over time and can skew the spectrum and the output is also effected. I just wanted you to be aware. If they are really old you may want fresh ones.

Do you mean spectrum? Anything between 4000-7000k will work. The 4000 end of the spectrum will give you taller plants with wider node spacing and the closer you get to the 7000k will give you more compact growth.

If you are looking for a brand you are going to be limited by the outdated tech. Philips makes good bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom