420 Magazine Background

Archiweedies - Grow III

Archiweedies

Nug of the Month: Apr 2019
Holyeee crap those are some beautiful photos you just dropped on us man!! Amazing!

I tried my bags once before. I didn't mix long enough or let it sit as long as you say. Now I know why I thought my yield was rather poor lol! I also used like all 7 bags or whatever it was.

Archiweedies

I decided to chop the rest of HBSS. I may not be good at growing this stuff, but my skill at trimming is getting better and more efficient.

I decided to use quite a bit of these fresh buds for oil, so I roughly chopped them with sugar leaves intact. Right into a freezer bag and into the freezer. I saved a couple of the larger buds for my personal vape stash. No clue what the weights are yet. I'll weigh the fresh stuff before I make oil. This is easily the smallest of my plants.

bignstrange

Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2017
I decided to chop the rest of HBSS. I may not be good at growing this stuff, but my skill at trimming is getting better and more efficient.

I decided to use quite a bit of these fresh buds for oil, so I roughly chopped them with sugar leaves intact. Right into a freezer bag and into the freezer. I saved a couple of the larger buds for my personal vape stash. No clue what the weights are yet. I'll weigh the fresh stuff before I make oil. This is easily the smallest of my plants.

Very nice man! I like your trim job [emoji14]

bignstrange

Pm'ing my address so you can mail it too me, I need to verify that's actually hash your making [emoji14] ;)

nice job man I've seen a lot of hash making in my day and i can see the quality just by looking at that pic :thumb:

Akornpatch

Heya Akornpatch! Typically I would clean all that up on a photoperiod plant but I'm hesitant with autos. I suppose it's my lack of experience, mostly. What do you do with those trimmings?
If it's pre-flowering it ends up in the compost or if I'm lazy and it's baby buds its budder, coconut oil, or test smoke.

Akornpatch

Hi![emoji846]Thanks![emoji846][emoji846]
That hash, is made from HQ lowers, the kind that most folks would smoke. Quite a few pounds worth. That said, you absolutely can get AWESOME hash from any decent lowers or trim.

ALWAYS. FRESH. FROZEN. TRIM.

Bubblebags: 220/160/73/25

Ice to trim ratio: 2:1, then add water until you've got stir-able soup. GENTLY (using a big spoon if 5 gal bags, or a raft paddle if 20 gal bags.) stir for 30 minutes. Let sit one hour. (I probably don't need to explain pulling the bags-but do remember to RINSE each screen with clear cold water before you scrape your trichs onto your mesh scrap.

Aaaarrgghh! [emoji23] Tbh, this'd be an all day post, if I went into detail. Sometime later this season when things are slow maybe I'll do one. Any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Mid-way through...

After micro-planing but before final pressing:

Eventually it rests in rough cedar humidors, until it gets smoked. [emoji16]

Edit: Finished:

Damn, I miss the awesome hash from back in the day. Yours looks amazing.

Skunkworkz

Damn, I miss the awesome hash from back in the day. Yours looks amazing.

Thanks! [emoji846]
It's a labor of love really, as it's NFS.
All in all, what started out as many (wet) (fresh,frozen) pounds of lowers & trim from a Chem's Sister run. I (both) hand ran with 20 gal. Bubble Bags (or) I used the ever-handy compact washing machine w/an aftermarket 5 gal., 220u work bag, multi-rinsed, filtered through the above bbags. Fun shit, until you've got 40 hours in, just running the trim. Before any other steps. Then it's "rewarding" in a "spiritual" sense.[emoji23]

Archiweedies

Alright so Mephisto Genetics HubbaBubbaSmelloScope is in the bag!! Literally haha. So I took a couple primo buds for myself to dry.
A sample:

I'd say I only kept between 1/4 and an 1/8th for vaping, the rest went straight into freezer ziplock so I can make oil. I intend to get a Magical Butter Machine sometime soon. Meanwhile I have about 110g frozen bud and trim. Is it beneficial to separate the different strains for oil? Even if it isn't I probably will just cause of my control issues lol

I plan to chop at least one Tyrone and maybe NCH tomorrow.

I'll be sure to do some glamour shots before chopping. Cheers all!

bignstrange

Looks good! Might be worth separating strains to isolate medical benefits but either way homegrown oil will sort you out:p

Some tasty looking buds you got there!

bignugz420

I hope you didn't chop those Mephisto Genetics down they still had a little time I think I tried to look at trichs by zooming in but couldn't tell for sure I know they usually run a little longer than Breeder so def look at trichs with 100x scope before chop

Archiweedies

No worries bignugz420! The HBSS was up there in age almost 80 days. I had to harvest her in stages. The main two colas, from where I topped her and stunted her clearly lol, were harvested and thoroughly tested!!
Then about 5 days later I chopped the rest of her after two more flush sessions.

Everybody else is still alive!!

Archiweedies

I was looking at the trichs on one of the Tyrone's and I may have pulled the trigger too soon on flushing her. I underestimated how long it would take for the rest of the trichs to cloud up.

Live and learn I guess. She's got plenty of green left in her leaves so she may be in for a longer ride than her sister.

bignugz420

I was looking at the trichs on one of the Tyrone's and I may have pulled the trigger too soon on flushing her. I underestimated how long it would take for the rest of the trichs to cloud up.

Live and learn I guess. She's got plenty of green left in her leaves so she may be in for a longer ride than her sister.

I would guess by looking you have 2 weeks about you'll get a nice swell right before chop check out this lemon haze and it was chopped early

Archiweedies

Mephisto Genetics Northern Cheese Haze - Day 70

She's all cloudy with about 5% amber. Being my only plant left in soil, I'm conflicted about my experience growing in soil. I like flushing in soil better and I think I have a better understanding of watering in soil now. A couple times I just let her drool from understating on purpose. I noticed some of the sugar l aves purpled a little, always a nice touch.

As far as growing her goes, she's a treat! She has zero smell almost. Until you ruffle her feathers and she has large spacing between nodes so light penetrates very well. I can't wait to take her for a spin after a proper dry in the brown bags.

I got a nice morning of coffee and trimming today. I could this 8 days a week [emoji3].

Archiweedies

Got all major fans trimmed and most of everything that doesn't have trichs on it.

I mentioned a couple times in this journal that this was my favorite plant this grow and I feel like a kid on Christmas. The smells have erupted and she has now defined "cheese " for me.

It is glorious. [emoji26]

Sadly she must wait a bit longer. Daughter left something she needs at home so I can zip over to the school lol.

Top Bottom