Are football - Soccer - players allowed to smoke weed?

ianrrr

Hi everyone

My name's Ian. I work for a football website and recently we received a question from a player who was asking whether he can be banned for smoking weed by an anti doping agency.

I know it's not the best idea for a professional football player to be a pothead but I wonder if it can be allowed for medical purposes. Do you know any players that are or were smoking weed? Has anyone ever been banned for that?

Thanks

Hi everyone

My name's Ian. I work for a football website and recently we received a question from a player who was asking whether he can be banned for smoking weed by an anti doping agency.

I know it's not the best idea for a professional football player to be a pothead but I wonder if it can be allowed for medical purposes. Do you know any players that are or were smoking weed? Has anyone ever been banned for that?

Thanks

Marijuana FAQ | U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) some answers are here

I suppose it all depends where your at in the world really, i no that theres a good chance that half the footballers in the uk are always sniffing coke, so if that doesnt get them banned i cant see how cannabis could warrent a ban, i suppose its the old saying, it all depends on who you are and who there going to cover for.

I suppose it all depends where your at in the world really, i no that theres a good chance that half the footballers in the uk are always sniffing coke, so if that doesnt get them banned i cant see how cannabis could warrent a ban, i suppose its the old saying, it all depends on who you are and who there going to cover for.

Back
Top Bottom