Are low reservoir temps stunting growth during winter?

BirdieNumNum

Last winter I appeared to manage to kill an auto that was several weeks into veg after a rez change. Unheated house grow tent temps in the tent were ok.

Another went to flower but ended upa laughable 6 to 8 inches high and looked like one of those mini xmas trees some people use on their work desks

This year I am in a unheated garage and my regular feminised plant is showing similar signs of stunted growth. The root extends some 8 inches into the water but the upper is showing compact stunted growth.

Do i need to get the tank temp up or is very cold water ok and my problem probably lies elsewhere ?

Hi BirdieNumNum ... The cold temps of your water may cause your plant nutrient absorption problems causing a slower growth rate or stopping growth all together. I Ran into those issues growing here in Canada trying to do the same thing your doing. I think as long as you keep the res water around 15c you should be fine so maybe a heater in the res or something around it on the outside to bump up the temp a lil bit. :)

Thanks Herby !

On another slow grow i am being advised it is light leak causing root rot.

Can cover both off and see...

20201216_001013.jpg

That worked... water is circa 18 and the temps in the tent 24 ish with 25% humidity.

Back
Top Bottom