Are my 2 plants male or female can anyone tell me?

newbie1

Hi all, total newbie here.
I have read the thread on how to determine if your plant is male or female but I'd like expert opinion if possible.
I have planted 2 plants (dwarf mix)
They are growing in a plastic greenhouse in the UK (dont ask me how :) ) using natural soil, compost and some tomato food.

Thx in advance!

PLANT I (I think its male?)
IMG_78321.JPG

IMG_78332.JPG

IMG_78341.JPG

PLANT II (I think its female coz of the fuzzy stuff on top?)
IMG_78351.JPG

IMG_78361.JPG

IMG_78372.JPG

Your in vegetative stage as of now.. you can't determine as of yet if its male or female. once your plant starts to flower you will notice either pistils or pollan sacks growing. very easy to see which is which.

Hope there girls!
happy growing!

Your in vegetative stage as of now.. you can't determine as of yet if its male or female. once your plant starts to flower you will notice either pistils or pollan sacks growing. very easy to see which is which.

Hope there girls!
happy growing!

Ah OK, gotcha. Thanks for that.
I seeded them over a month ago, it must be the cold climate here thats making them take so long to develop. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

newbie1, just from reading your response you seem to think your plants are developing slowly due to "cold weather". The temps have nothing to do with veg vs flowering. You need to change the light cycle to 12/12 to force you plants to flower and thus be able to sex them. Read the "how to grow" section, very helpful. good luck.

Do a search in the How to Grow Marijuana forum for "preflowers."

It's a bit early yet to be able to tell. Plant is still immature. The "fuzzy stuff on top" is just new growth. Plant will start growing staggered nodes as opposed to right across from each other. Start looking at the base of them with a jeweler's loupe when this occurs. You'll soon(+/-) be able to see a preflowers. But not now, plant must mature some first.

There are good pictures and better text in several threads. The search function is your friend.

Hi guys, Sorry I missed the previous replys after I last replied. as I was waiting for signs. Thanks for the info!

Anyhow, of my 2 plants, 1 big, 1 small, I think the big one is a male :(
but I think the small one is a female :)
Could the experts confirm?
If the big one is indeed a male, is there anything I can do with it?
It seems sad that I would have to kill it :(

PLANT1, Male balls?
IMG_79582.JPG

IMG_79602.JPG

PLANT2, Female?
IMG_79671.JPG

IMG_79642.JPG

Hi guys, Sorry I missed the previous replys after I last replied. as I was waiting for signs. Thanks for the info!

For these old eyes, you need to get a closer picture. But from what you have posted and the others have said, your plants are not at the point to be showing their sex yet.

Prairie

from what you just posted, plant #1 is a male and plant #2 is a female. I would let them go another few days just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I see balls around the nodes on the first one, and the white hairs coming from the second indicate female preflowers.

from what you just posted, plant #1 is a male and plant #2 is a female. I would let them go another few days just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I see balls around the nodes on the first one, and the white hairs coming from the second indicate female preflowers.

Thx Crimson.
Sorry the pics arnt clearer.
Thats exactly the way I see if too, looks like the big lad will be put in the compost bin over the next few days.
RIP big lad +

its the hardest cutting males, especially growing indoors when you have a more intimate relationship with them due to the higher investment of energy and supply costs. I only deal with fem seeds inside and just take clones, it's great growing 10 plants and knowing all 10 will be female.

Keep the male!

maybe as a house plant? I have to male plants that I keep for deco... you might want to make seeds later in the future -- ya neva know

first and second pic are male 100%

how do you see male from the second pic? It definitely looks female to me. If we had some updated pics we could easily tell now

But definitely be careful with those boys, they will throw the pollen off real fast. Once day you will see balls start to form, the next there will be pollen all over your room and your females are all seeded to hell and back

Thanks everyone for all your input. I had to kill the male :(
I felt bad doing it coz as you can see in the 2 photos of him below, he was very healthy and I had watched grow him closely the last few weeks.

RIP MALE +
IMG_18294.JPG

IMG_18205.JPG

Unfortunately my female is not as healthy as the male was and is going a bit brown around the edges of her leaves but theres a bit of bud growing now so not all is lost
IMG_18443.JPG

I have 2 more plants growing now, both around 5 inches. Hopefully they'll both be females!

PLANT1, Male balls?
IMG_79582.JPG

IMG_79602.JPG

PLANT2, Female?
IMG_79671.JPG

IMG_79642.JPG

20151106_181913.jpg
20151106_181935.jpg

Are theseale or female

Back
Top Bottom