Are My Babies Boys or Girls?

terrapin

High All, This is my first real grow attempt...seeds given from a friend. He thinks they are Grape Ape but ???
I need to know if they're male or female, they are 8 weeks since seeds put in ground. How long before I should put into flowering ... if they are female of course?
Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

DSC_009618.JPG
DSC_009518.JPG

Thanks guys for your input. They are now 10" and 9" respectively ... I calculated their age wrong however, been 10 weeks since they popped out of the ground. I was hoping on going 12 weeks before I put them into flower, but I have to keep them within my space constraints. Adding a couple of pics taken today, the first 2 are plant A, the next 2 are plant B...what you think?
A_5_6-18-14.JPG
A_1_6-18-14.JPG

B_4_6-18-14.JPG

B_3_6-18-14.JPG

Can't see any sex but there is thread that will help and thousands of pic online I spent about two hours researching but it don't have any sign

I dont understand some of the information you guys are giving terrapin. There is no way to tell the sex until 1-3 weeks after you switch them to 12/12. They will not show sex until you do this. These plants are not showing any signs of sex yet.

Some times on 1-2 year old mother plants she will show without flowering but this is not the case in this grow.

You can start flowering any time. Keep in mind the plant will double or triple in size.

I dont understand some of the information you guys are giving terrapin. There is no way to tell the sex until 1-3 weeks after you switch them to 12/12. They will not show sex until you do this. These plants are not showing any signs of sex yet.

Some times on 1-2 year old mother plants she will show without flowering but this is not the case in this grow.

You can start flowering any time. Keep in mind the plant will double or triple in size.

HunterNitro

Where did you get your information about a plant not showing sex until 1-2 years?

I do not believe this to be correct in the least.

After a quick search I found this:

It is in between the latter part of the Vegetative Phase and/or the early part of Flower/Bloom phase that Cannabis plants mature sexually. This most often occurs after the onset of Alternating Phyllotaxy. In early stages of vegetative growth, new leaf sets at every node will be parallel to each other. Meaning that the leaf stems (petioles) attach at the same point on the main stem (meristem) when compared to the nodes just above and below. When the plant begins to sexually mature, these leaf sets at one node will be perpendicular (90 degree angle) to the one's just above and below that node. When you begin to see this alternation of leaf sets (Alternating Phyllotaxy) from one node to the next, you're plants will be showing preflowers very soon!

Most books and general grow literature you will read will state that you cannot tell the sex of a plant until you are one to two weeks into the Flower/Bloom phase. This is simply NOT true! While not categorically the case, most seed plants will show their preflowers in the late Vegetative Phase at about 4 to 6 weeks from seed. Even prior to implementing a flowering light schedule. Having said that, this is certainly a strain specific topic. As an example, while an Indica or Indica/Sativa hybrid might show preflowers prior to actual flowering, it may take a long-term Sativa like a Thai or a Haze three to four weeks into a 12/12 light schedule before preflowers are at all detectable. Although rare, you will find the stubborn strain that simply will not show preflowers until the 12/12 flower lighting regime is implemented.

What are Preflowers?

Upon reaching sexual maturity, Cannabis plants will display their "Preflowers" which, essentially, are the first showing of their respective sexual organs. In the earliest stages, these preflowers are almost indetectable to the naked eye and therefore it won't be easy to tell the difference between a male and a female early on.

How do I find these Preflowers?

Initially, the top two or three nodes near the top of the plant, BELOW the highest node (the point where the leaf stems attach to the main stem/meristem), is where preflowers typically appear first. You will need the aid of a magnifying glass or jeweler's loop to actually see them.

Focus your attention in the "crotch" of the leaf stem (petiole) and the stalk (meristem). When the plant develops it's preflowers, this is where you will find them.

Marijuana-sexing-female-male-111.gif

Hmmm... Maybe im the one that gave miss information. That article is saying my statement isnt true. I def new to this but i thought i read a article about this that backed my statement up... Sorry if im wrong here.

I would listen to labexperiment. I have and my garden doing good check it out green dad first grow going to switch my plant to flower Sunday

Back
Top Bottom