Are my girls big enough? Time to flower?

RastaMasta

Hey guys, first off I'd like to thank everyone for offering such an incredible resource for growers like me looking to learn more. :thumb::love: This is definitely my favorite forum to troll, so I decided to go ahead and join the family. I was planning on waiting until I finished my first indoor grow to join (then post a grow journal) but I have a couple questions, and I was wondering if some of you might be able to help me out.

I started out planting only 4 regular Nirvana Bubblicious seeds, and somehow managed to get 4 confirmed female plants (all 4 had white hairs coming from preflowers around the start of week 6). I couldn't be happier, but my grow cabinet is tight and it's getting really crowded in there. I didn't expect all 4 to be girls... :Namaste::cheer::thanks:

I've been using LST to keep the height down and promote an even canopy. It's my first time doing any kind of training, and so far I think my girls are looking ok. They're nice and short, and the canopy is pretty flat overall. They're growing vigorously, with no major pests or nutrient issues (knock on wood).

SO... my question. I've got about 24 inches of vertical space left to raise the lights before I run out of room. I was hoping to harvest about an ounce per plant, any more would make me a very happy camper. I know they pretty much double in size during the flowering phase, so I'm wondering if it would be wise to go ahead and flower, or wait to let them veg a little more and get bigger. I don't want to run out of room, but I would like to maximize my yields without overcrowding them.

I've never grown indica plants like this with such tight node spacing and dense foilage. I know they're going to stretch when I switch the lights, but I don't know how much. Anyone out there who might be able to help?

Thanks in advance!! I'm in awe when I look at some of yall's grow journals. I'm open to any and all advice, as I'm doing my best to learn how to grow inside undetected, and get some dank ass weed on the cheap. Keep on growin!! :420::thanks:

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_37131.JPG

hey rasta- most indica's stretch 2X in flower. i'll let you do the math!

Thanks Jammie, they're about 9 or 10 inches tall now, but I've been LST-ing them since around week 3. I think I'm going to let them veg through the end of this week simply out of convenience. The pictures in my gallery were taken at the end of week 6, which was this past Sunday. They've grown a little since then.

So far, I've been very impressed with the strain. Lots of people have complained it's unstable because of the many different phenotypes, but that doesn't bother me a bit. My seeds cracked the soil within 3 days, and have been growing...well...like weeds ever since! I started out light on the nutrients, but I probably didn't need to. These plants seem to happily drink up anything they can get. :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom