Are seeds from stressed plant any good?

Pettykush0420

420 Member
Hey whats up. So I planted some purple kush feminized seeds last season and had 4 nice plants. Meanwhile, all my buddies were having problems with mold. So being a new grower, I freaked out and overpruned my plants trying to get airflow. This stressed my plants out and they pretty much just quit growing. One of them must have hermied out, cause i found 5 seeds on it. I was wondering if these seeds will be ok to try growing. Or would they have the hermied trait.

Yes and Yes. They will be ok to grow with - they are essentially feminized seeds. That's what feminized seeds are though, female plants that were stressed to hermie and produce pollen. However since that pollen came from a female it will only contain female genetics and the seeds should be feminized.
awesome. thanks alot for the info. i also ordered several other seeds this year so hopefully i will have better luck this time around. thanks again bro.

If the seeds are from a hermie,there's a pretty good chance that the plants produced will also hermie on you.
Not always,but pretty often.
But it won't hurt to try- just keep a close eye on them in late flower.

That depends on if the hermie trait was expressed due to an environmental stress or because of unstable genetics. If everything in the environment was on point I would look towards genetics but if it was an environmental stress like the one described I wouldn't think it would have an increased risk of passing that on genetically.

Still something to keep an eye on, it could be unstable genetics.

Back
Top Bottom