Are some Auto flower strains unstable?

HiddenMaster

420 Member
New user here, but I've been a lurker for a while.
I have a stealth grow that I do to produce medicinal herb for myself. Small tent, with LEDS...I use FF nutes and soil.
2 or 3 plants per grow. I can produce consistent product that works for my particular needs. I love autos because they so easy to grow, but in the past year I notice that some grows are inconsistent.
I wonder about the stability of auto genetics...I am noticing on some grows that any two plants from the same seed can be different to the point that they seem to be from different strains completely. For example, two identical seeds (White Widow) from a reputable seed bank, same germ date, same lights, same nutes, yet one is short, with dark green , hairy, fat leaves while the the other plant is leggy and gold-toned with smooth narrow leaves. Distinct different phenotypes that even have different yields with the same light and nutes.
I think the Ruderalis pheno is cropping up , not just sativa and indica. Some plants show strange shaped leaves that curl or bend to the side...these will be on healthy plants.
I'm looking for a very consistent grow and it seems like autos are getting kind of flakey, but I can't really go to photoperiod in my location.
Recommends on strains or maybe new seed companies?

Hey there hiddenmaster. I have noticed this in certain rounds of autos. I believe a lot has too so with the batch they came from they may not all be from the same mother plant that offered them. I have a 3 set of cherry pie auto growing at the moment and 3 seeds 3 different looking plants. One is fat leaved like her granddaddy purple parent showing the indica side of the hybrid, another shows the more sativa side of her other mother Durban. I think with the seeds and plants they much turn out like us all depends a lot of which dominance the seed took with the genetics from the crossed plants. Noticed this and thought it may help out a little and yes the ruderalis looks with a squatter size does also come out. It’s whatever phenotype wants to be seen and also running autos with nutes can affect by over feeding and stunting them. 3 plants and sometime 3 different meals. Let them tell you want they want and how much , Hope it helps a little I’m here anytime

Back
Top Bottom