Are spiders (not spider-mites) bad?

chronic213

I've noticed a couple of spiders in/around my grow. I know cob spiders are no problem, but I had one of those tiny black and whitish striped fast jumpy spiders crawling all over the place actually on my plant today.

Just wondering if those spiders are anything to worry about?

It didn't seem to be doing anything to the plant that I could see.

Sorry no pic, but I'll try to catch it next time.

Best advice it to just get rid of it if you can. Weather to let it free or kill it. Its beeter safe then sorry. I keep a couple cobs sitting up in the corners I put there myself. ALong with one by me rez's. Outside of those and the ladybugs. I keep everything else out. :ganjamon:

Thanks for your help Butcher! Now that I've had a chance to thoroughly check the plant I noticed a couple of small holes chewed in one of the leaves. Needless to say, the last thing that went through that spiders mind was my thumb. Litterally. Although I don't think it matters at this point. My plant is just starting to show preflowers and they look male to me. Maybe you could offer some insight?
This is male, isn't it?

spiders for the most part don't have mouths to chew your plant leaves, the most they are gonna do is make a den which mostly consists of web, soil, and dead leaves. They will absolutely not hurt your plant, spider mites or broad mites ssdd, will web up your plants, but they are tiny as shit, not fun to deal with either. Spiders will protect your plant against mites, aphids, gnats, catapillers as well as other pests. Ladybugs will help with pests, but they're fucking lazy in the bug world, they literally wait for their prey, where the striped spiders you mentioned earlier actively move and hunt, side note you can tame those little jumping spiders, they will not "bite" you unless you attempt to hurt them, they are very smart, and actually enjoy watching us as much as we like to watch them.

Back
Top Bottom