Are Texans Wanting Medical Marijuana?

mulletman42

Hi there fellow texans I am starting this thread partly cuss its a readily available space to voice how we feel about Marijuana in our state. I am also posting this as there is only one thread for the entire state of Texas and this is a helluva large place. This thread has only a couple of aims; what's it gonna take to bring medical marijuana or legal marijuana period to our great state? Next is rounding up tha troops and we begin speaking as a body of individuals. This is an attempt to bring texans together, learn from others in other states so one day we may be free to enjoy this wonderful herb in peace in our great land. Thanks all mulletman.:riskybusiness:

Re: Are Texans wanting Medical Marijuana???

Hey guys just got done writing a letter to 17th district rep Chet Edwards. Gotta get it in the mail, really hope he gets it, It'll be awesome to hear a reply!! Just let him now its disheartening to see fellow Texans in trouble in our institutions for possession etc. Illegality of a substance as marijuana only seems to lead to more crime in our communities etc. We all know tha game sucks!! Later kin.

I agree with what you are doing!! if everybody did their part we could see this sooner rather than later. ^5 mullet man

Yes Indeed !!!

Anybody checked out Picken's Plan?
Been meaning to, just ain't got to it.
If we could get him to see what Hemp could do for our energy needs
and How easy, with so little investment, it could happen ...
he would make a very powerful ally.

and MMJ
We the People need to take care of Our Own till the War is Won.
It's all about Networking :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes Indeed !!!

and MMJ

I agree Mago!!
I volunteer my Executive Marketing Skills!!! Along with any other skills I have that could be put to good use here!!

We welcome your friend to texas and hope they will help us in our efforts. We hope some day your friend can medicate freely in our state and its people like you and your friend that can help us turn that into a reality!!

This Texan wants some meds.

Shameful state of affairs in a state historically known for its independent minded population, that the best we could manage would be the 14th state to De-crim in some form. Of course that could only apply if there were already anything in the works, and there is not. There are already 3-4 additional states much further along than Tejas which has zero plans in any form/fashion as a state. Best we can boast is a couple of City's exercising some frikkin common sense.

Our only hope appears to be at the Federal level. Should those bogus laws be struck down, the remaining US states w/o codes would develop programs for nothing other than the potential tax revenue windfall..politicians+greed=our$ in their pocket...thats a sure fire 'Go'. To support that effort is one small way to add your voice through NORML and a couple of other similar orgs. Being a resident, I have to assume you are aware of the fairly regular events they sponsor throughout the year in a few of the major cities like Dallas, Houston and Austin as the capital.
I don't mean to slight their efforts at all, and in spite of the reasonable and fun barbecues and such, not a thing seems to have changed on the local levels to date. I like supporting the efforts in Austin, but that's a long boring & dry drive from N. Dallas. Their are some very un-enlightened officers between here and there more than willing to run you down in their custom Mustangs and 120$ SWAT Vans, so leave the stash at the house for sure.
There is a good one coming up in a downtown Dallas club at the end of the month which is always a good time. So support them...Yes, but will that kick off some kind of local movement...No I'm sorry to say. As you state, we can only keep trying as individuals for the moment.

Yes, of course Texans want legal marijuana. :yummy:

Check out KPFT in Houston for the 4:20 Drug News, Cultural Baggage and Century of Lies programs.

Our legislature did pass a law allowing local district attorneys to decide if they want you taken to jail for small amounts. So far as I know, only Austin has taken advantage of the new law.

Change

Change is inevitable. The Circumstance under which we undergo that change is personal.

the best we could manage would be the 14th state to De-crim in some form.
Did that last year to a QP :cheesygrinsmiley:
No wonder it's more expensive than an Elbow , Today.
Now it's up to Us to get
Our Counties and Cities to Use the tools given to them by the state.

First Ones to Prohibit and More than Likely the Last to Lift it.

Yes Indeed !!!

and MMJ

yea i agree

also i wrote my congresman joe barton about the medical marijuana he is not a beliver in it he is old and thinks "its a drug and is a problem that causes crime"

right on tractor all we can do is fight the good fight but texas will change but im not sure it will be in our life time

best wishes tractor

Have to get a Rep. to sponsor/write a bill.

One of the reasons I been thinking about a Legislative Strike Force
to beat on doors and talk with the Reps.
See if we can find support and an author for what we want.
Legalize it and tax the profit out of it at the Border.
Best damn fence you can have and not even build one.

And Let Us grow Hemp to fuel America :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hell Yes there are Texans who want our Meds. I am one them. Sound like we got a lot of work ahead of us so lets do this thing!!! As a good friend likes to say lets stop talking about and lets start doing it.

Beside I am sick of keeping a bottle of clean urine with me at work.

There is currently a bill that will allow MMJ as a defence in Texas.
From www.texasnorml.org
" Will Texas become the next state to allow medical cannabis?
November 18th, 2008 9:21 pm

It is with great pleasure that I inform you all of the introduction of HB 164. The bill, introduced by Elliott Naishtat would allow an affirmative defense to cannabis possession. Basically, if passed, the bill would allow medical doctors to legally recommend that a patient use cannabis, if the potential benefits outweigh the health risks associated with the particular patient.

There is not a clear plan of action spelled out regarding an actual medical program, but if a patient is arrested or ticketed for the possession of cannabis, he or she may use the doctor recommendation in court to avoid further arrest, fines or probation.

HB 164 <–See the full text of the bill."
https://texasnorml.org/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/hb-164.pdf

Call 'em all and often to let 'em know how ya' feel.

Winter Mixer is Saturday :cheesygrinsmiley:
News and Information on H.B. 1491 | Texas NORML

Back
Top Bottom