Are the plants to close to the light

sanjose

i am in my 4th week of budding under a aircooled 1000 watt hps i have my plants 3 inches from the light it dosent feel hot at all but it looks relly bright on the nugs can that mess up the bud from being to close to the light and getting to many lumens? should i move it further

plants cant get too much lumens,think abaut outdoor and sun..
look plant and if start get damages or something then move it further.

Well actually while it's said that you can't get too many lumens it's not exactly true. Yes you can get too much light. With a 1k 3" away you will probably experience bleaching which can effect flowering and growth. Leaves are dark green from chlorophyll. This is what produces the food the plant uses to make flowers and sustain growth. Bleaching removes this chlorophyll which results in less bud and growth. This can also produce stress which can cause all sorts of problems by opening up your plant to diseases etc.
I would keep a 1k a minimum of 1 foot away. I myself keep my 1k hps 1 to 1.5 feet away although like yours I could run it 3 inches away if I wanted. Sometimes less is best.
Yes the sun produces a lot of light but no plant receives 100% of it all the time. Branches, leaves, shadows, clouds etc all play a part in how much light a plant receives and where so while it would be nice to harvest all the suns lumens for plant growth...it's a impracticable and impossible task.

Nice one Racefan its nice to see people give answer that can be backed up with fact and I imagine experience. I bleached the crap out of a couple of strains had to move them completely to the edge of the light ring. I find some plants do do a lot better on the outside than in the middle of the footprint. Fortunately I have had time to watch and work with different strains to see the ins an out of each genetic makeup and pick the ones that work well together in a confined grow.:peacetwo:

Nice one Racefan its nice to see people give answer that can be backed up with fact and I imagine experience. I bleached the crap out of a couple of strains had to move them completely to the edge of the light ring. I find some plants do do a lot better on the outside than in the middle of the footprint. Fortunately I have had time to watch and work with different strains to see the ins an out of each genetic makeup and pick the ones that work well together in a confined grow.:peacetwo:
Thank you and yes my advice comes from experience. I've been gowing for quite a while now and love to help others learn from my mistakes. I was once a "all the lumens possible" grower too and ruined more than one crop due to my lack of knowledge. You could probably even find some of my old posts on here from years back telling people that the more lumens the better. +rep for the kind words.

Back
Top Bottom