Are There Any 420 Friendly Companies Out There To Work For?

JamescLB

Hello to all,

Recently I had to start a new job search and I have run into so many problems with companies wanting to do drug screening test. I am a heavy cannabis user, I have a medical reason for using it with a recommendation from a doctor, and to be honest I simply enjoy smoking.

I am writing this post to see if anyone knows of any companies in the Los Angeles or Orange County areas of California that do not do drug screening for cannabis. I have had it with all the running around, trying to get products in order to pass drug screening tests, and I really want to work in an environment where I don't have to worry about being judged based on what I do in the privacy of my own home. I am looking for sales, customer service, and or administrative positions in any industry.

This is my first official post so any advice, leads, or comments are welcome.

I know how you feel, man. I'm trying to get a job for this summer (ANY job, just something menial to keep me busy and put a little money in my pocket until school starts again), and it's like everyone tests now. I just got called back by Kroger, where I had an interview last Friday, and informed I tested positive for MJ on my oral swab. I'm so pissed! I was told those only detect for up to 12 hours! But it's their loss man, they're missing out on a hell of a reliable employee.

May I suggest calling places, just out of the blue, and asking if that is part of their hiring process? It would be nice and anonymous, and that way you'd at least know. Just don't use the phone number you're planning to list on your resume...

"I swear I smoked last night, I don't know why the test came up negative!"

"Sorry sir, we just don't have room in this company for your type!"

That will be my future business

;)

Thanks for the tip User. I saw that earlier today. There were two positions and the sales one I am interested in seems to be one they would prefer to fill with a female but just the same I am going to toss my hat in...lol...Thanks again bud.

Hey hossua34, thanks for sharing...I was up for a job at an outfit like Kroger and they got me with a urine sample...What is so messed up about it is that they want to get on people about MJ and when I have been in areas where Krogers are located I have seen some people working there under the influence of things much more hazzardous than MJ so I have to ask myself what is up with that.

The place I was going to be working at was just as bad, I shopped there a few times and can remember cashiers who, appeared, acted, and smelled like they using meth, in a way I am glad that it did not work out just for that reason alone...Good advice on calling companies out of the blue and asking and also on calling from another number other than the one on the resume, I had thought about this before but was discouraged by some of my buds.

i wonder what i'll score with the urine test.. lolz

"excuse me sir, we got your results in,, and quite frankly.. you smoke too much F'ing kind.." hahaha

resturant industry. They cant test because they would have no workers. It might be different in some places. Some of my old hookups were cooks and busboys. The resturant scene where I'm from has a lot of illicit substances running through it lol

That is so true, it has been years since I worked in that industry so it may mean starting in a position below my qualifications but hey it's worth checking out too just to avoid the drama. Thanks for the tip.

resturant industry. They cant test because they would have no workers. It might be different in some places. Some of my old hookups were cooks and busboys. The resturant scene where I'm from has a lot of illicit substances running through it lol

yea ...everyone at my waitress job either sold or bought..

course I worked there BEFORE I smoked weed....lol.

now I work medical...everyone smokes but noone sells..:laughtwo:

yea ...everyone at my waitress job either sold or bought..

course I worked there BEFORE I smoked weed....lol.

now I work medical...everyone smokes but noone sells..:laughtwo:

Crazy...I worked as a waiter a long time ago in North Carolina and you are so right and same situation with me at the time on not smoking...hell I only started a few years ago myself...I would love to work as a waiter again but due to the fact that I have worked at a high manager level people either tell me I am over qualified or just flat out refuse to let me even apply, which is a damn shame because I was a good waiter...I am not giving up though.

I have relatives who work in the medical industry and the smoke like crazy too...Just pick a cool smoking co-worker to hang with and if they feel your 420 vibe they will be letting you know they smoke and you can work them for a seller. As a director of a department at my last job I did that and found a killer hookup now I have a medical card so it is much easier.

Back
Top Bottom