Are there any other parent smokers?

Thanks for the feedback. It makes me feel better.

I hate how alcohol is legal, and MANY people abuse it.. and in the process they abuse thier kids. But God forbid I want to light a bowl or whatever and relax, and have fun with my kids.

I'm a mom of 3 boys, and sometimes I just need that extra something to keep me sane.

I'm not a parent but I found out my mom smoked weed when I can 14.I was totally shocked...not disappointed just shocked lol I never ever would have guessed.Just like you she waited until I ws in bed or in the shower.Now she smokes with me and its always so much fun!You are not alone.My moms best friend also smokes weed and akways has.She has 2 kids around 17.Theyve always known she smokes and never had a problem with it.Infact one of the boys wont even touch weed.
I just noticed I was rambling :)
Hope this helped

:bong:

I never hid smoking weed from my children, though I wouldn't smoke it right in their presence for the same reasons as cigarettes. And I've always smoked out of the same corn cob pipe I've been using for 32 years now, so there were never any attention getting bongs or odd looking joints. Daddy just smokes a popeye pipe sometimes. Funny Daddy.

There was the inevitable day of reckoning, like when my daughter the DARE grad came home from school in 5th grade and said 'Daddy, that's NOT tobacco in your pipe is it?' What was cool was it was shortly after MLK day, so I reminded her that the laws and the police had been wrong about segregation, hadn't they? Well, they're wrong again.

I respect any parents choice how they want to handle it, but what I've seen with 2 of my daughters friends when they caught their DARE propaganda supporting parents smoking is that the hypocricy is what bothered the kids much more than the idea that they smoked.

I have one daughter. I've smoked throughout her life. She figured it out when she was in her teens but we never talked about it. She once came into our bedroom when I was rolling joints for a party....what's that smell in the hall?
Anyway, I brought it out in the open last week. She's now 19, at university, and in her second year of philosophy. I told her it could be considered civil disobedience against a law that is unjust. She asked me if I felt obliged to break a law that was morally wrong. I said no, since I could be someone who doesn't like to smoke pot (although that's hard to imagine). However, I did say that I feel obliged to speak out against a law that I feel is morally unjust. We then started to talk about Kant's categorical imperative and then I went outside to smoke a joint. Yip-ee! Life is good.

I felt a bit guilty when she was very young but I eventually got over it. This isn't the only issue she will consider to come to any conclusions on her parents' ethics. She KNOWS her parents are good people because she has SEEN that her parents are good people. A couple of joints on the back porch are not going to change her mind.

The people on this forum appear to be among the best human beings in the world.

Peace and Love.

Since I'm a much more caring and happy parent when I smoke my medicine, and have the energy and stimulus to do fun things, I think I would be remiss to not smoke it when I'm caring for my children. I do it covertly, which is easy with hashish...a trip to the restroom (fan operating) is all it takes.

Since I'm a much more caring and happy parent when I smoke my medicine, and have the energy and stimulus to do fun things, I think I would be remiss to not smoke it when I'm caring for my children. I do it covertly, which is easy with hashish...a trip to the restroom (fan operating) is all it takes.

FreakNature is oh, so totally correct. Whatever it takes to be a good parent. This is why I find the question about medicinal usage, difficult. My answer is always no.....and yes.

I am a parent and it makes me a much better father. I have back pain that would otherwise keep me from playing with my son( rolling on floor, picking him up etc.) smoking weed is the only pain killer that doesnt make me feel wierd. I cant wait until my son is 18 and if he wants to we are gonna get high together! good times.

I sometimes wonder what my kids reaction will be when she finds out that I have been holding out all these years.
What about you?

Thats a good question. They'll understand, hopefully. Maybe they'll be glad that I'm not uptight and that they can feel free to be honest with me.

I told my 9 yr old that some drugs are worse than others. I also shocked him by telling him that caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine are considered "drugs". I explained to him that a drug is something that makes us feel different and changes our state of mind and that the only difference is that those "drugs" are legal.

I'm going to tell him that I waited until I was an adult to try weed, and encourage him to do the same. I won't kill him if he smokes as a teenager as long as he stays in school and maintains an otherwise healthy lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom