Are these cloudy or clear trichomes

Lonerandstonerforever

Hello all I zoomed in with my phone but I can't quite tell if these trichomes are ready yet I just ordered a 60x jewlerers loop which will be here in a week or so but I wanted to know if anyone could see anything I'm not seeing probably not enough zoom to tell thanks in advance

Screenshot_20220208-135844.png

Screenshot_20220208-135835.png

...but I wanted to know if anyone could see anything I'm not seeing probably not enough zoom to tell thanks in advance
It has nothing to do with the zoom. The zoom function looks like it is working real well the way it is.

It is all about the color. Really hard to tell if the trichomes are cloudy or clear when all the visible light is only purple.

Turn off the grow lights and use regular white room light and set the flash to auto or set it to "always flash" and it will give a much better idea of what is happening.

I'm not very good at pictures my hands are shaky hope one of these can help
Hey howz it growin........can you bring it out to a natural light so we can see?

Hello hazmat the grow is going well you can check it out with my signature the top one she's almost 7 weeks into flower hopong to harvest at 8 if all three are ready by then

Screenshot_20220208-141534.png

Screenshot_20220208-141522.png

Screenshot_20220208-141506.png

Screenshot_20220208-141448.png

Hey, so from what I see your 50/50 in bottom photos clear/milky....and I totally get it lol I just tried to take a couple comparison shots....and for the life of me couldn't get a "clear" shot:laugh:

Lmao at least I'm not the only one haha and so 50/50 should I wait until my jewelers loop comes in then check them again and post pics of them? Or is 50/50 a good high is rather have energy and no munchies or couch lock lol
Hey, so from what I see your 50/50 in bottom photos clear/milky....and I totally get it lol I just tried to take a couple comparison shots....and for the life of me couldn't get a "clear" shot:laugh:

Lol def not the only one...but honestly I'd wait just a little longer until loop comes and really check. And cool I'll go check your journal now.
Lol for sure man no worries on waiting I'm in no rush on the three girls enjoy the journal thanks for stopping by! I also have another 6 plants going in my second journal :)

Yup I just checked that one out. And cool everyone here will tote patience so I for sure follow suite. But for the speedy uppity high I'ma do the same and cut at first sign of amber trichs...I'm not a huge couch lock fan.

Yup I just checked that one out. And cool everyone here will tote patience so I for sure follow suite. But for the speedy uppity high I'ma do the same and cut at the first sign of amber trichs...I'm not a huge couch lock fan.
Yeah haha couch lock makes me lazy and eat a lot than I get sick cause I ate too much I don't like that type of weed. Lmao

Yeah haha couch lock makes me lazy and eat a lot than I get sick cause I ate too much I don't like that type of weed. Lmao
Hey Amigo hope you are having a good day.
Did you get things sorted with your lady?
Needs more time ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Amigo hope you are having a good day.
Did you get things sorted with your lady?
Needs more time ;)

Stay safe
Bill
Ola bill I'm having a good day I hope all is going good for you today and I got things sorted except being able to toe her down as her stall is to hard I'm afraid I'll snap her off but the temps are much more manageable

Lmao at least I'm not the only one haha and so 50/50 should I wait until my jewelers loop comes in then check them again and post pics of them? Or is 50/50 a good high is rather have energy and no munchies or couch lock lol

The photos taken without the purple light do make it easier to see what is going. Plus the purple leaf coloring does look nice. Whether 50/50 is better is up to you.

I just tried to take a couple comparison shots....and for the life of me couldn't get a "clear" shot

One of the things that keeps me from posting more photos here is that getting the focus and depth of field right is a real problem.

Sometimes it is caused by the plant moving because of the fan blowing air or because the person holding the camera moved. More often what happens is that the lens of the camera is to close or to far away from the subject of the photo by only fractions of an inch. On 'close-up' shots even a 1/16 of an inch can cause problems. We are seeing that in the 3rd photo in msg #6. The top of the flower is out of focus but about a 1/2 inch down and the sugar leaves and trichomes start to look sharp.

Try backing up a bit and experiment on how much. Eventually every thing from the top of the flower bud to several inches down will show up in focus and even amber trichomes are easier to see.

The photos taken without the purple light do make it easier to see what is going. Plus the purple leaf coloring does look nice. Whether 50/50 is better is up to you.

One of the things that keeps me from posting more photos here is that getting the focus and depth of field right is a real problem.

Sometimes it is caused by the plant moving because of the fan blowing air or because the person holding the camera moved. More often what happens is that the lens of the camera is to close or to far away from the subject of the photo by only fractions of an inch. On 'close-up' shots even a 1/16 of an inch can cause problems. We are seeing that in the 3rd photo in msg #6. The top of the flower is out of focus but about a 1/2 inch down and the sugar leaves and trichomes start to look sharp.

Try backing up a bit and experiment on how much. Eventually every thing from the top of the flower bud to several inches down will show up in focus and even amber trichomes are easier to see.
I was blazed out of my mind so keeping hands steady was super challenging lol but after I chilled last night I did get two photos to reference milky...one digital scope and one from phone.

Oh and for the 50/50 I was referring to the photo that looked like half were clear as you could see through them to them plant and the other half were cloudy.

And good morning @Lonerandstonerforever and @SmokingWings , sorry to post my photos here but I wanted to give reference.

IMG_20220208_215338667.jpg

2022_02_08_15_10_10_059.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the purple :) and thank you for all of that helpful info I didn't know that about cameras I'll try to take some more today :)

I was blazed out of my mind so keeping hands steady was super challenging lol but after I chilled last night I did get two photos to reference milky...one digital scope and one from phone.

Oh and for the 50/50 I was referring to the photo that looked like half were clear as you could see through them to them plant and the other half were cloudy.

And good morning @Lonerandstonerforever and @SmokingWings , sorry to post my photos here but I wanted to give reference.

IMG_20220208_215338667.jpg

2022_02_08_15_10_10_059.jpg
Good morning and I know that feeling haha I just wake and baked and no need to apologize about posting photos I don't mind :) they look so tasty! Pretty purple so how far would you say yours is? I'm guessing close to done? I see a lot of milky I think but I've never harvested by using this method as I didn't have a microscope and didn't know phone could zoom in good I got a microscope coming from eBay 60x led for 3.50$ lol I got a good deal

Thanks and yes from what my two grower friends say that live close I should be harvesting next two weeks for the heady high I want.... And I kinda cheat with my phone and hold a magnifying glass in front of less and adjust that to get clearer photos. But I can't wait to see what photos you post once you have the digital.

Back
Top Bottom