420 Magazine Background

Are these males?

Ptreach

Neophyte here. Six plants started from unknown seeds. Growing outdoors in New England. Two of the plants have what appear to be male features. Am I correct? I didn't think the pre-flower stage could occur at this time of the year.

image12258.jpg

image12257.jpg

GroundControl

They are about to open soon

Spimp

Nug of the Month: August 2013, June 2014 - Member of the Month: Oct 2013
Why is that bad? Is it too late to remove them or have they already started to pollinate the females?

It doesn't appear the pollen sacks have opened yet, but very soon I would think. Be careful moving it as just shaking it may open one up.

I always assume I'm breaking a growers heart by telling them the plant they grew for 3 months is Male. That's why I say sorry.
I'd love to hear you have other females, and maybe see some pics. :)

GroundControl

They are going to open very soon..get rid of them now.

I usually remove and dry the leaves and smoke em :439:

Ptreach

They are dug up. I'm not bummed. If four out of six turn out to be female, I'd say someone beat the odds.

I'm amazed at how quickly these pollen sacks formed.

Ptreach

So if the male plants were about to open their pollen sacks, does that mean the female plants are going to flower soon? Let's assume the seeds are all the same strain.

Cannafan

Member of the Month: Jan 2014, May 2016, Feb 2017
Those are absolutely male plants.

Do you see pistils on the other plants yet? I would think you should start seeing them anytime.

:thumb:

Cannafan

Member of the Month: Jan 2014, May 2016, Feb 2017
I just checked them this morning. The remaining four have the white hairs I've seen in photos!

Sounds like pistils to me! Can you get a close up shot like you did with the males?

:cheer:

Srilania

This is why a lot of people take a cutting or clone, and force flower it, to make sure, before they get too far along. But, if you've got 4 females, that's better than the 50-50 odds. and that's 4 plants you can clone out and grow.

Ptreach

This is why a lot of people take a cutting or clone, and force flower it, to make sure, before they get too far along. But, if you've got 4 females, that's better than the 50-50 odds. and that's 4 plants you can clone out and grow.

I really did this as kind of an experiment. I'm not sure I want four plants in full flower mode stinking up this particular area. Last thing I want is more plants. Nowhere to put them.

Top Bottom