Are these males?

Ptreach

Neophyte here. Six plants started from unknown seeds. Growing outdoors in New England. Two of the plants have what appear to be male features. Am I correct? I didn't think the pre-flower stage could occur at this time of the year.

image12258.jpg

image12257.jpg

They are about to open soon

Why is that bad? Is it too late to remove them or have they already started to pollinate the females?

It doesn't appear the pollen sacks have opened yet, but very soon I would think. Be careful moving it as just shaking it may open one up.

I always assume I'm breaking a growers heart by telling them the plant they grew for 3 months is Male. That's why I say sorry.
I'd love to hear you have other females, and maybe see some pics. :)

They are going to open very soon..get rid of them now.

I usually remove and dry the leaves and smoke em :grinjoint:

They are dug up. I'm not bummed. If four out of six turn out to be female, I'd say someone beat the odds.

I'm amazed at how quickly these pollen sacks formed.

So if the male plants were about to open their pollen sacks, does that mean the female plants are going to flower soon? Let's assume the seeds are all the same strain.

This is why a lot of people take a cutting or clone, and force flower it, to make sure, before they get too far along. But, if you've got 4 females, that's better than the 50-50 odds. and that's 4 plants you can clone out and grow.

This is why a lot of people take a cutting or clone, and force flower it, to make sure, before they get too far along. But, if you've got 4 females, that's better than the 50-50 odds. and that's 4 plants you can clone out and grow.

I really did this as kind of an experiment. I'm not sure I want four plants in full flower mode stinking up this particular area. Last thing I want is more plants. Nowhere to put them.

Back
Top Bottom