Are these ready for up-potting?

it's not mine

3 Auto girls...1 Gorilla Glue, 1 White Widow and 1 Cream. They're in 1 gallon pots right now. Was thinking about re-potting them in the final 7 gallon fabric pots for outdoors. What do you think?

IMG_0495.JPG

Nice plants, you are getting there! How old?

If photoperiods..... No keep running wet dry cycle tho and build a monster rootball

If autos then perhaps yes do transplant now. Wait for pots to dry & you can slide container off, don’t leave roots exposed to light for long, take a peek and slide the pot back on.

Since they all 3 are autos, yes, you can transplant them now. I never score the roots of any plant that I transplant, whether it be cannabis or a house plant. I just use my fingers to loosen the soil around the root ball if need be.

3 Auto girls...1 Gorilla Glue, 1 White Widow and 1 Cream. They're in 1 gallon pots right now. Was thinking about re-potting them in the final 7 gallon fabric pots for outdoors. What do you think?

IMG_0495.JPG
You're NOT supposed to up pot Autos. They have a short life so any stalling ( which will happen) affects size , yield. However it wont kill you or your plants but it really limits their potential. It's better if you dont allow to get root bound like photos because she still building roots. Throw it in final pot asap

Yes scoring a rootball at time of transplant, go buy new shrub or fruit tree at local nursery this is standard fare in the horticulture industry

I grow photos so everything gets scored, but I wouldn’t probably wouldn’t score an auto tho unless it was healthy af & I had a backup plant.

i thought scoring died in the 90's.

but then again, maybe that was just my non cannabis scoring ... :(

Those roots are in a big circle in those pots so obviously get them in the final bags now. Do not bother with anything but those 7-gallon ones you mentioned.
Remember uppotting can cause shock and that causes a delay in growth so it's best to just use the final bags as the first ones and let the roots spread from the beginning.
Auto growers tend to do that and there is no reason why photo growers do not do as well.

Yes scoring died in 90’s... so did designer jeans & Rorer 714’s, but only one should be mourned.

Not saying everyone should score the rootball, it’s one tool in the box plain & simple. Scoring signals plant to take over new container or hole. It works great on photoperiods and an experienced grower can easily pull it off with autos if desired. Sure done improperly it could stall an auto plant

Transplant only when plant is totally root-bound & super healthy. Upcan method is used with wet dry cycle to focus on a massive rootball. Done correctly the risk of shock is minimal, main concern is don’t expose roots to light. The reason it’s used is to propel plants into more robust growth in less time than starting in final container.

Bigger roots bigger fruits and all that dribble. It’s kinda like bud washing or making cobs - it’s not for everyone but it definitely has its own merits.

Back
Top Bottom