Are these ready? Needing second opinions

So you can look at a 2mm x 2mm closeup and recommend cutting down a plant that somebody has potentially months of effort in? Guess that’s what 10 years of google and YouTube get you??
NO,That's 10 years of many grows under my belt.
That photo shows mostly cloudy trichomes and a few ambers.
Yes.basement prod,the trichomes should show 30% amber and if your plant isn't quite there yet then go ahead and give her another week but check your trichomes often.

NO,That's 10 years of many grows under my belt.
That photo shows mostly cloudy trichomes and a few ambers.
Yes.basement prod,the trichomes should show 30% amber and if your plant isn't quite there yet then go ahead and give her another week but check your trichomes often.

% of amber trichs are not a hard rule. Everyone finds their own sweet spot. Besides, amber are degraded thc....so for a sativa that would be a huge waste in my opinion. When you told him to harvest you're telling him to do so based off of a sugar leaf trich pic. Those are not what you go by. So....10 years huh

% of amber trichs are not a hard rule. Everyone finds their own sweet spot. Besides, amber are degraded thc....so for a sativa that would be a huge waste in my opinion. When you told him to harvest you're telling him to do so based off of a sugar leaf trich pic. Those are not what you go by. So....10 years huh
I don't see him mentioning that that was from a sugar leaf.
It doesn't matter to me,it's not my plant so you guys can give him all the misinformation you want.
Since there are mixed views here then I would suggest that if you have a question like this one then please do your own research and you will find that I am right but it's all up to you.

I don't see him mentioning that that was from a sugar leaf.
It doesn't matter to me,it's not my plant so you guys can give him all the misinformation you want.
Since there are mixed views here then I would suggest that if you have a question like this one then please do your own research and you will find that I am right but it's all up to you.

Look at the pic, it's a sugar leaf. And please, I'm all ears on what I have missed informed him about.

Look at the pic, it's a sugar leaf. And please, I'm all ears on what I have missed informed him about.
Sorry,I don't see a sugar leaf in that pic and why do you keep wanting to argue this with me?
Just give it a rest.
OP please do your own research on when your plant is ready to harvest.
There are too many mixed opinions here and you will be confused if you go by all of our opinions on here.

Digglerl420’s post shows a plant that’s ready to harvest. (Beautiful lady there Diggler420!). It’s swelled, shutting down, and ready to cut. If you scope those foxtails, you’ll find lots of clear. Some older buds, completely amber.... I’m just about letting the plant tell you when she’s ready rather than searching with a scope.

If the argument is “thc starts to break down and the plant becomes less potent” by letting it go longer, what’s the real argument? CBN is a bad thing? You have to take 2.5 rips instead of 2? You’re more stoned and less high? There’s a ton of guidelines out there that are just that. I’ll let you in on another little taboo secret... aluminum foil will not create hotspots causing your plants to spontaneously combust.

If the OP takes that plant today, they’ll be extremely pleased. If they wait 2 weeks, yep... still pleased. I wasn’t trying to stir shit.... just share some thoughts that aren’t necessarily what you’ll find in a google search. Peace peeps and happy growing!

Digglerl420’s post shows a plant that’s ready to harvest. (Beautiful lady there Diggler420!). It’s swelled, shutting down, and ready to cut. If you scope those foxtails, you’ll find lots of clear. Some older buds, completely amber.... I’m just about letting the plant tell you when she’s ready rather than searching with a scope.

If the argument is “thc starts to break down and the plant becomes less potent” by letting it go longer, what’s the real argument? CBN is a bad thing? You have to take 2.5 rips instead of 2? You’re more stoned and less high? There’s a ton of guidelines out there that are just that. I’ll let you in on another little taboo secret... aluminum foil will not create hotspots causing your plants to spontaneously combust.

If the OP takes that plant today, they’ll be extremely pleased. If they wait 2 weeks, yep... still pleased. I wasn’t trying to stir shit.... just share some thoughts that aren’t necessarily what you’ll find in a google search. Peace peeps and happy growing!
I agree with you.
Peace to you brother.

I know what he wrote,but looking at those pics tells me maybe not.
Agreed! Zoom in those photos tells a different story. They look pretty well milky for now. Bet they really amber up in about a week....
Good eye!
-P

Yours are ready to harvest now.Start your flush.
Mostly cloudy with a few amber ones is the perfect time to harvest and at this stage will be more potent.
I read that trichomes that are mostly amber give a more heavy stoned high,body buzz,etc. So you recommend cloudy? or is just your preference?

I read that trichomes that are mostly amber give a more heavy stoned high,body buzz,etc. So you recommend cloudy? or is just your preference?
Like I said before,it's your plant and you can do what you want.
IMO the more you let the trichomes turn amber the less the potency since at that stage the THC starts to degrade.

Ok number one never ever put a pic of wen should i harvest ppl got different opinions u harvest wen u feel its ready n wen u smoke the flower u ask urself was it ready coulda waited a week blah blah its a learning kinda thing u cab grow for 30 yrs b ur still learning everyday ppl b humble

Ok number one never ever put a pic of wen should i harvest ppl got different opinions u harvest wen u feel its ready n wen u smoke the flower u ask urself was it ready coulda waited a week blah blah its a learning kinda thing u cab grow for 30 yrs b ur still learning everyday ppl b humble
YES SIR

If the argument is “thc starts to break down and the plant becomes less potent” by letting it go longer

It's not just the THC(acid) that breaks down into CBN. Happens to CBD(a), too, if I remember correctly.

what’s the real argument?

Loss of potency. Irrespective of whether you're looking for THC or CBD, I'd think that, the more of it in the bud, the better :rolleyes: .

CBN is a bad thing?

Kind of depends on what you're looking for in your bud, I suppose. If I've just broken my arm, sure, I'll have some, please (as it has bone-growth properties). If I suddenly find myself eating way too many valiums (I don't know what universe/reality that would be in, lol - but just supposing...), I'd also consider trying to up my intake of it (since it's supposed to be roughly twice as sedative in effect as diazepam). Got a bad case of psoriasis? Looks like it might be beneficial for that - if made into a topical ointment.

But, in general, yes, it is. I mean... It's kind of like asking if ashes are a bad thing, ya? Not if you have a use for them. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to burn down my shed just to produce some. I'm not in favor of degrading my psychoactives in order to make CBN, either.

You have to take 2.5 rips instead of 2?

If you've gone and changed the cannabinoid profile of your bud, I don't see how smoking more of it can give you back what you've gotten rid of.

If you trade your boat in for a car, lol, trying to drive it into the river TWICE... isn't going to turn it back into a boat.

If you want a more "indica" buzz, grow indicas. There are LOTS of them to choose from.

All together, there seem to be - at a guess, but I'm probably guessing LOW - over 2,000 different "versions" of cannabis for sale in the commercial seed market today. If you cannot find what you are looking for - so that you may harvest at the peak of potency (for that particular plant) - then... IDK, you're much pickier than I am, I guess.

You’re more stoned and less high?

More "muddied," most likely. Which is fine - I guess? - if that is the kind of effect that the grower is seeking in the first place. But even the "indica fiends" that I know aren't looking for that. But to each his, her, or its own I suppose.

aluminum foil will not create hotspots causing your plants to spontaneously combust.

It's still not all that reflective, though. Oh, and if combustion is caused by an external factor, then the term "spontaneous combustion" doesn't apply ;).

I hear ya T.S... we’ll all but the “spontaneous” argument. I’d make an argument against changing the canabanoid profile too, but I won’t. Guess it’s just where you choose your point of reference. I’m not opposed to letting it sit in a jar after harvest either. Wonder how much temperature during consumption matters here too??

As always... appreciate your thoughts

Back
Top Bottom