Are these valid reasons?

Haha420

hello everyone its my first post and i have an honest question to ask. i have enjoyed marijuane recreationally for several years now and have grown quite fond of the herb :grinjoint:

but just recently ive been needing to use it for various health issues, for example: just this year my appetite has become some what funky, like the idea of eating food just doesnt sound good anymore. i am not anorexic or anything as far as i know, i just dont find myself as hungry as i used to and am having a hard time creating an appetite. due to this i have lost weight. it seems lately i get hungry when i am high and this is usually when i eat.

i also have been having pains that will stay with me all day until i have a little session then i will be fine all day even if the herb wears off

not to mention my bad back. i wake up every morning and it is on fire with this annoying pain, also if it is even a little cold my back starts to "shiver" and just hurts to the point i have to get inside where its warm. but if i go out smoking i notice it doesnt even bother me at all

oh and lets just say chronic insomnia runs in the family, and i have seen the doctor several times concerning it

so i guess my question is are these valid reasons for looking into a medical marijuana card? i am not looking to smoke weed for free as i am genuinly concerned about my health

any insight and help is always welcome :allgood:

well in canada the government usually only grants cards to extreme cases...and after other methods have been tried......and for certain conditions......I guess you have to see if what you are experiencing is covered by your government

Where do you live Haha420? If CA, chances are good.

I am about to move to SF in two weeks actually

yeah you have a good chance. i have pretty much the same things as you, and i got my card. well i have the chronic back pain due to all the stupid shit i used to do. so many "accidents". it pretty much hurts all day. more at times. i also had or have problems with eating. it doesnt seem appealing. i get hungry but i just dont eat, i dont know why. if i do get the munchies tho ill eat untill my stomach cant take it anymore. another reason i use medically is for my nuesia. i had a head injury were i broke my skull and ever scence then i get neasia. it usually is motion sickness but it does happen when im still at times.

well i live in northern calirfornia, where would you guys reccomend i set up an appointment?

I have a recommendation in SoCal for Insomnia and ADD, both of which are excellent reasons to receive medical marijuana.

People trip when they know how stoned I get at work being a Software Engineer and all, but if I didnt I'd be all over the office and not at my cube working :)

how about headaches? i have had headaches for about 7 years now due to a car accident. i have an acknoid cyst(sp) on my brainstem (a thin membrane filled with brain fluid, about the size of a grape) and it causes me to get real bad headaches. recently (past year) i have noticed that my headaches (# of them and intensity) has decreasted since i have been smoking regularly.

i have not seen that reason posted so i thought id ask.

i also have insomnia and sometimes bad eating habits. i dont eat anything til about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. and this is not healthy im sure. i just wake up, go to school, come home then ususally eat.

by the way, im am located in the panhandle nebraska, do i at all have a chance pursuing medical marijuana? basically because of the location, i seen someone say california-good chance, but nebraska?
thank you
zach

Pinch said:
Where do you live Haha420? If CA, chances are good.

i know this to be true, it seems like all my friends dads smoke marijuana for medical reasons, its not even funny

dont know about nebraska zach

zach420 said:
i also have insomnia and sometimes bad eating habits. i dont eat anything til about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. and this is not healthy im sure. i just wake up, go to school, come home then ususally eat.

zach

i have chronic insomnia and have ever since i was just a little kid (i sorta blame space ghost but thats a long story) and i can barely work up an appetite anymore on my own (ill maybe eat dinner or a snack at night..) and i personally brought these up with my doctor and these are actual legal medical conditions that medical marijuana can be perscribed for

Back
Top Bottom