Are these what I think they are?

Pyr0

I have a bunch of autos, one of them is almost ready, Sweet Soma by 00Seeds. It's outdoors and I'm starting to get a few little bits of bud rot, not enought to warrant chopping it early, anyway while checking earlier I came across these, think they might be nanners ?

If they are male sacs, generally how long before they erupt ? It's sharing a greenhouse with a bunch more all in flower.
Should I just pluck any off and keep vigilant ?

I wouldn't mind getting some pollen somehow and selectively put it on a few buds - is that possible with just a nanner ?

Peace

I have a bunch of autos, one of them is almost ready, Sweet Soma by 00Seeds. It's outdoors and I'm starting to get a few little bits of bud rot, not enought to warrant chopping it early, anyway while checking earlier I came across these, think they might be nanners ?

If they are male sacs, generally how long before they erupt ? It's sharing a greenhouse with a bunch more all in flower.

I wouldn't mind getting some pollen somehow and selectively put it on a few buds - is that possible with just a nanner ?

Peace

What is a "nanner" ?

If you want to collect pollen from a male flower you will need to remove the plant from your females as soon as you see the male flower appear. Keep it away from the girls and the flower will open and drop pollen (dust) on itself and you can then dab it on your finger and go gently rub it on the pistils of the plant you want to pollinate.

The last time I pollinated my girls I removed the male and left it in my kitchen under no direct light for a few days until the flowers opened and dropped some pollen. The pollen is a very fine powder and I would suggest you remove the plant you want to pollinate from the rest as the pollen can easily spread in the air.

Not sure I would pollinate autos though as I don't know much about them and would rather be able to veg a plant to whatever height or age and then flower it but that's just me.

Hope that helps.

If they are male sacs, generally how long before they erupt ?

The ones you appear to have - anytime in the next three days or so. They’re opening when you can see a bit of yellow flower. No reason to panic. They take a while to get going. A flower or two won’t cause you any immediate harm especially if you’re about to harvest anyway.

Yeah -if you don’t want pollen.

wouldn't mind getting some pollen somehow and selectively put it on a few buds - is that possible with just a nanner

With nanners I find they produce so little viable pollen that - if you want to get seeds from them - you could just leave them alone. But what you have there isn’t nanners it looks more like male flowers/balls (a true hermaphrodite).
Nanners are quite controllable and much less of a threat than balls. A few nanners will often appear on buds if you leave them to flower long enough. Balls are a different story and I usually cull any plant I see with them. But since you’re almost at harvest, and they’re autos, it doesn’t really matter at this point.

The ones you appear to have - anytime in the next three days or so. They’re opening when you can see a bit of yellow flower. No reason to panic. They take a while to get going. A flower or two won’t cause you any immediate harm especially if you’re about to harvest anyway.

Yeah -if you don’t want pollen.

With nanners I find they produce so little viable pollen that - if you want to get seeds from them - you could just leave them alone. But what you have there isn’t nanners it looks more like male flowers/balls (a true hermaphrodite).
Nanners are quite controllable and much less of a threat than balls. A few nanners will often appear on buds if you leave them to flower long enough. Balls are a different story and I usually cull any plant I see with them. But since you’re almost at harvest, and they’re autos, it doesn’t really matter at this point.

Thanks for the detailed info. I've noticed loads more of them. I've checked a few and there doesn't appear to be any pollen as of yet. Will chop the plant this tomorrow, it's an auto and they say it will be ready to harvest from 65 to 75 days, but this popped above soil back on 5th of April, so that's 105 days already.

As for collecting pollen, I have some regular Ace seeds that I will be growing soon enough, and will probably get a male or two, it would make for better parentage.

Peace

Yeah it’s not the sort of pollen that you want to keep. I haven’t heard of any people successfully keeping those hermie balls under control. Nanners are a different story. Good luck. :thumb:

Peace
Yes,you can pick them off,but it seems the pollen has already flown,especially no 2 pic.At this late in the grow,you should`nt have any problems with shitloads of seeds,tho. Try with your finger tapping the bottom of the plants stem,hardish,but not too much,and hidden male sacs should fall off .

Back
Top Bottom