Are Vaporizers Really Safe?

aphrodisia

There seems to be a lot of questions being asked in the media these days about the possible ill effects of vaping. It seems a few people are developing lung diseases through vaping and I personally will find it mega bad news if this also applies to traditional vaporizers as opposed to all the fancy vape pens fitted with factory produced THC oil catridges.
Because of health reasons I decided to pack up smoking ages ago and instead got myself a flowermate to vape my herb and it has worked smashingly so far to date, I get higher than I did and for longer vaping than smoking and on half the amount I used to use so whats there not to like ? Then this comes up and I thought I was doing my lungs some good all this while. So what are peoples thoughts on this ?, are they only talking about all those vape pens with pre filled catridges or do they also have concerns about traditional herbal vaporizers too ?

Big differences between vaping ejuice, concentrates or flower. The media lumps it all together because they are lazy and ignorant.

As far as I can tell and I'm no expert vaping flower is still your safest bet. The ejuice seems to be the unknown variable

That’s my take too. And I have imagined all along that the flavored alternate to cigarettes - vaping oils are all chemicals, don’t know and wouldn’t use. But now there also seems to be connection to the base oils that may carry flavor, maybe thc. But I’m skeptical it’s so much about thc rather than other harmful chemicals . Though you wouldn’t know that from the media necessarily. The articles have a whiff, pun intended, of refer madness — oooohhh...the boogy man: THC...

I think the time has finally come for me to give up cannabis and it is not a decision I have arrived at lightly.
I gave up smoking after years because of health reasons and I thought I had found a suitable alternative to smoking in vaporizers, but now after nearly 2 years of using my flowermate I find myself developing a chronic irritation in the back of the throat from vaping my herb. I love getting high but not at the cost of long term damage to my health. I have done a lot of research on vaporizers and it would seem they all have this problem of irritating your throat, convection vaporizers more so than conduction ones.
I know they say vaporizers are more healthy for you than smoking as you inhale less carcinogens and this may well be true but I dont think enough research has has been conducted into the long term effects of inhaling vapor on the body. And since I am not a fan of edibles mainly because of the long delay before they kick in it would seem I no longer have a safe method of consuming my home grown. After I finish my present grow I think I will just vacuum seal everything up until such a time when and if technology can come up with a safe way of consuming cannabis.

I think you are freaking out over nothing. It’s hot air you are inhailing and that irritates your throat a bit and cannabis dries the throat on top of that. And you keep doing and it turns into a chronic problem. Drink plenty of water and drink some warm tea with honey and milk in it during your sessions.

No one is saying it’s 100% harmless by the way. Afterall you are inhailing vapor. I mean if you compare that to breathing only forest air of course it’s more dangerous but vaping cannot be compared to smoking. No ejuice no nothing. Just plain flowers at 195C. If it’s a whip style vaporizer use a cooling attachment and that irritation will probably go away. I use an arizer, cheap stuff but works very well.

Here’s hoping that i never have to stop vaping cannabis.. not even after i’m dead. Hahah.

I think you are freaking out over nothing. It’s hot air you are inhailing and that irritates your throat a bit and cannabis dries the throat on top of that. And you keep doing and it turns into a chronic problem. Drink plenty of water and drink some warm tea with honey and milk in it during your sessions.

No one is saying it’s 100% harmless by the way. Afterall you are inhailing vapor. I mean if you compare that to breathing only forest air of course it’s more dangerous but vaping cannot be compared to smoking. No ejuice no nothing. Just plain flowers at 195C. If it’s a whip style vaporizer use a cooling attachment and that irritation will probably go away. I use an arizer, cheap stuff but works very well.

Here’s hoping that i never have to stop vaping cannabis.. not even after i’m dead. Hahah.

Have tried all that and the irritation still persists. I don't know about you but I definitely do not like feeling I have a ton of dust tickling the back of my throat and like I said its not just me plenty of people also have this problem with vaporizers.

Try oil capsules, infused oil

Whenever I have tried ingesting the stuff in the past the effects don't kick in till over an hour has passed by which time I have mostly forgotten about it and doing something else so ingesting is not really a favourite of mine.

The problem has zero to do with vaporizers, less than zero to do with cannabis in anyway.
It is 100% a problem with what these idiots are putting in these cheap ass cartridges.
PG Propylene Glycol and VG Vegetable Glycerin plus various flavorings and colorings, and some fools are even using Vitamin E in these.
Might as well be smoking Motor Oil.

Naturally the lying media will try to place blame on cannabis when it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

And this isn't anything new, "popcorn lung" has been know for at least a decade.

Vaporizers are great and harmless.
Cannabis is totally harmless.
Vaporizing flower is actually healthy, good for you.

Cartridges are the culprit, especially cheap crap using PG/VG oils and really anything that isn't 100% pure cannabis.

The problem has zero to do with vaporizers, less than zero to do with cannabis in anyway.
It is 100% a problem with what these idiots are putting in these cheap ass cartridges.
PG Propylene Glycol and VG Vegetable Glycerin plus various flavorings and colorings, and some fools are even using Vitamin E in these.
Might as well be smoking Motor Oil.

Naturally the lying media will try to place blame on cannabis when it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Vaporizers are great and harmless.
Cannabis is totally harmless.
Vaporizing flower is actually healthy, good for you.

Cartridges are the culprit, especially cheap crap using PG/VG oils and really anything that isn't 100% pure cannabis.

Except @aphrodisia expressly stated they vape Cannabis flower and are having problems with that

Have tried all that and the irritation still persists. I don't know about you but I definitely do not like feeling I have a ton of dust tickling the back of my throat and like I said its not just me plenty of people also have this problem with vaporizers.

I don’t get that at all. Well it’s your call of course. Have you tried tinctures. From decarbed bud with ethanol. Under your tongue. It burns for a while but clears up pretty quickly and gets you high way faster than edibles.

Except @aphrodisia expressly stated they vape Cannabis flower and are having problems with that
Slight irritation is not the same as what most are talking about when they end up getting popcorn lung and going to the hospital.
Some people just can't handle smoking or vaporizing anything, but cannabis is totally harmless it wont send you to the ER.

Some people just can't handle smoking or vaporizing anything,

I think that is the biggest difference that no one takes into account. Some folks smoke blunts and cartons of cigarettes till the cows come home without half the problems some people are having with a couple of vape pods a week.

At the end of the day the individual has to weigh a lot of variables to decide how best to consume Cannabis and there is no one size fits all answer.

Slight irritation is not the same as what most are talking about when they end up getting popcorn lung and going to the hospital.
Some people just can't handle smoking or vaporizing anything, but cannabis is totally harmless it wont send you to the ER.

For your information I have been smoking cannabis since I was 18 and am now in my mid 50's and only gave up smoking 2 years ago. While I was still smoking I was lighting up a joint on average every 2 to 3 hours before I had to give up smoking for health reasons.

I get throat burn, but only when I use cannabis oil cartridges (purchased from a dispensary). I never get any burn or irritation when I vape dry flower using my convection or conduction Vaporizers.

What you also need to remember is that Cannabis acts as an expectorant, so it makes you cough and clear out your lungs.
This in turn could cause your throat irritation.
With some people, vaping everyday may cause post nasal drip, another throat irritant as you are continually clearing your throat.
And lastly, you need to stay hydrated during your sessions. Always drink a few glasses of water during and afterwards to keep your mouth moist. Another great way is to eat something as this gets your saliva flowing and coats your throat.

It's true that the long term effects of vaping are not known but we now that no carcinogens are released and we get the max dose of THC as opposed to smoking.
I have been vaping daily for over 12 years due to medical conditions and previously smoked for 25+ years...
Feel great!
Vaping is the best way to enjoy your time with Mary Jane!

Back
Top Bottom