Are you a grower? Or a farmer?

I’m a grower working towards being a breeder, I’ve been growing for roughly 6 years now and slowly building my room up. I strive to keep a perpetual garden going soo I can harvest a few plants every couple weeks to lighten the workload of trimming. When I grow a new strain I pop multiple beans and select the best pheno for my room as a mum. I always look for the fastest, strongest and healthiest plants. I won’t cut the weak from the room but I won’t clone them either, soo they’re out of the room on the second run. I have been extremely fortunate to have recently had the opportunity to clone 2 plants that have both had over 25 years worth of work breeding them to what they are now, absolute monsters! I’m staring at the babies as I write this and waiting for them to root. Excited and honored arent even close to the right words.. Currently, 50% grower, 40% farmer, 10% breeder

difference between the two is real estate.

can't be a farmer unless you own the place and can put the time and infrastructure in place. otherwise you wind up being a stealth grower, doing what you can with what you have.

I’m a grower and I wanted to be a farmer but the organic farm next door (55acres) produces mega billions of fungus gnats that constantly attacks my place is the #2 problem keeping me at bay . Hopefully next year I can be a farmer.

is he not maintaining a buffer ?

generally organic farms need to maintain a buffer area surrounding the producing land. the buffer acts to stop residual pesticide spray from wafting in on the air currents from other farms in the area, and encourages insect populations to stay within the organic farm.

most organic farms can't get certified without some sort of buffer.

could just let it be quietly known you are contemplating a huge planting of a heavy gmo crop coupled with a shiny new sprayer ... :p

A marijuana farmer's lounge . As much work that goes into a perpetual garden , I feel like a farmer .

Grower: Grows the finest product (s)he can. The emphasis is on quality. Usually grows three or four plants at a time. The motivation is pride.
Farmer: Grows the most weight possible for the expenditure of capital while maintaining the minimum quality that his buyers expect. The motivation is profit.

And, yea Gee - I try to keep up with a 24 light perpetual grow split into two 12 light rooms. One gets turned a month. It is a LOT of balls to keep in the air.

Grower: Grows the finest product (s)he can. The emphasis is on quality. Usually grows three or four plants at a time. The motivation is pride.
Farmer: Grows the most weight possible for the expenditure of capital while maintaining the minimum quality that his buyers expect. The motivation is profit.

And, yea Gee - I try to keep up with a 24 light perpetual grow split into two 12 light rooms. One gets turned a month. It is a LOT of balls to keep in the air.

errr.... medical - need to grow the best quality product attainable, while maintaining most weight possible for the conditions and strain. most produced for other (loved ones) users. not everyone fits all your boxes guys.

errr.... medical - need to grow the best quality product attainable, while maintaining most weight possible for the conditions and strain. most produced for other (loved ones) users. not everyone fits all your boxes guys.
Medical Grower: Grows the finest product (s)he can. The emphasis is on quality. Usually grows three or four plants at a time. The motivation is LOVE.
Medical Farmer: Grows the most weight possible for the expenditure of capital while maintaining the minimum quality that his buyers expect. The motivation is profit. He recognizes that the medical end user will have to buy his medicine, so he keeps costs down. He also needs to support his family and himself, so he recognizes that he has to be profitable, or he won't be there next season for his medical end users.

I consider myself a Medical Hobby Farmer I only have a 4x4 tent but I grow 8 plants in there (moving to a 5x5 after this grow) Then I do 8+ plants for the Outdoor Canadian season of growing. I always start low but end up throwing random tent clones out there too and see what happens. I’m odd with weed and how my body will love one strain for 2-3 days and then it doesn’t do shit all for my needs. I need it for sleep and pain management with my wrist (still hurts a year and half after surgery) So I grow variety in hopes that I hit that magical silver bullet for my needs to be met. I’ve only been growing /using for just over 2 years And so it’s all still newish too me. I will admit that I’m now growing a few sativa strains (as I was all Indica/Indica Dominate Hybrids pretty much for my grows) for social outings with friends from golfing to movie watching. it’s a fun hobby

Back
Top Bottom