Are you a grower? Or a farmer?

I tried farming, I quit . I have 144 acres which 98 is farm land . Working with investors to grow hemp next year . That’s all they’ll let us grow here . I averaged $300-600 an acre with the Sudan and now the two classes I took on the hemp said I could make $20,000 an acre before cost . There cost explanation was some idiot that I can tell didn’t have a clue as to what he was talking about (government agent)
I’m a grower and I wanted to be a farmer but the organic farm next door (55acres) produces mega billions of fungus gnats that constantly attacks my place is the #2 problem keeping me at bay . Hopefully next year I can be a farmer.

Paraquat still in use today and the USA is still spraying it on foreign countries in central and south America. That war on drugs... its still happening. Vote and lets stop the madness.

Glyphosate (round up) is also being used.

Quoted from an article:

" Colombian President Iván Duque Márquez has been facing pressure to resume glyphosate spraying from U.S. President Donald Trump"

I tried farming, I quit . I have 144 acres which 98 is farm land . Working with investors to grow hemp next year . That’s all they’ll let us grow here . I averaged $300-600 an acre with the Sudan and now the two classes I took on the hemp said I could make $20,000 an acre before cost . There cost explanation was some idiot that I can tell didn’t have a clue as to what he was talking about (government agent)
I’m a grower and I wanted to be a farmer but the organic farm next door (55acres) produces mega billions of fungus gnats that constantly attacks my place is the #2 problem keeping me at bay . Hopefully next year I can be a farmer.

Well ask the "agent" if you can get crop insurance for your hemp crop. Then you can reflect on the myriad of pests and diseases that we get growing these plants.

Hay might be a much better choice it just doubled in price this year. You can harvest maybe 3-6 times per season depending on your zone. With no crop insurance you be rolling the dice at best.

Well ask the "agent" if you can get crop insurance for your hemp crop. Then you can reflect on the myriad of pests and diseases that we get growing these plants.

Hay might be a much better choice it just doubled in price this year. You can harvest maybe 3-6 times per season depending on your zone. With no crop insurance you be rolling the dice at best.
Needed you at the meeting there was no discussion on crop insurance but this is Texas The double in price would be awesome, the other friend that grew mammoth sunflowers and the gnats hurt his yields or he would have got after the hemp this year . I know he had gotten a check back in February and I will ask if that’s what he had the insurance . I can’t go to WinStar to roll the dice the corona virus has gone wild around here !

yea, same here.
who'd of thought the Chinese could come up with something that would last so long, eh?

Can't you spray for that?
They breed in the soil don't they?
There must be a root soak to treat them.

I could spray mine but we have to figure out how to stop the ones coming in from next door . I use skeeter dunks for mama’s outside plants , let one soak then water the soil with it .

I knew I wasn't the only one who remembered paraquat. And the long line of folks willing to make a buck off of selling weed sprayed with it; the dry spells back then left little product to buy.
Yes I remember those days well... I was a teenager mid to late 70's. We got some nasty tasting weed more than a few times... A friend of mine wrote a song "I don't want no paraquat pot, I wanna live the life that I got" I don't remember the rest.

The chemical, known as “paraquat,” is an herbicide sprayed over marijuana fields in Mexico in the 1970s—with the aid of US money and US-provided helicopters—and over marijuana fields in Georgia in the 1980s under the direction of the Reagan Administration.

But normally, anything poisonous enough to kill plants is also toxic enough to kill humans, and that is the case with paraquat.

Paraquat still in use today and the USA is still spraying it on foreign countries in central and south America. That war on drugs... its still happening. Vote and lets stop the madness.

Glyphosate (round up) is also being used.

Quoted from an article:

" Colombian President Iván Duque Márquez has been facing pressure to resume glyphosate spraying from U.S. President Donald Trump"
Trump’s after the cocane, I remember back in the early to late 70’s you could do a small line and get off around here you can do the whole 8 ball and not get what we got out of the line !

I can dig the profit motive .. I am a capitalist.
But, I take pride in my work product; I want to be able to put my name on it.

Hell yeah... Me too.

I'd be concerned artisan hobbyist likely.

No room for farming and not interested.
Not large enough to be a grower lol

I Just small lots of plants, looking for the best, sight, color, state and of course effects to seriously kill medical conditions and to also enjoy recreationally. And enjoy researching techniques and possibilities of making something I'm proud to say, Hey... I made that and then share it with people.

I am Groot!
I thought I'd seen you before...
groot.jpg

I'm new but i will way in on this. I grew up a farmer, this is farming when ever year you are one crop away from disaster, when the weather or outside conditions can cost you and others the lively hood, and most of all when you think of any other job in the world, you cringe. i farmed in my youth but I will freely tell you I was never true farmer. Just my 2 cents

I was thinking what cannafish said. According to the feds youre all criminals.

This, from a federal gov whos alphabet agency, smuggled drugs into this country in the bodies of dead GIs in vietnam. Who killed pablo escobar, not to end the cocaine trade but to take over import into the US. A fed Gov whos politicians are in bed with the biggest drug cartel in the world, a cartel that poisons and kills 1000s of people every year. Big pharma.

They say youre all criminals for growing a miracle plant. A gift from God.

But what do I know?

Oh they also sprayed all over africa. I was watching strain hunters on youtube. Where they were in swazilqnd south africa searching for swazi landrace genetics.
[Btw in the doc they name the company whos poisons were used to decimate their crops. Monsanto/roundup]

Back
Top Bottom