Are You Using Cannabis To Prevent Or Attempt To Cure Covid-19?

At this time it appears that evidence for the use of cannabis to treat viral diseases is anecdotal. With the current covid-19 pandemic, it seems inevitable that at least some members will use it to try and prevent, cure, or mitigate the symptoms. The best information I've found to date is:
  • THC and CBD have been shown to have pain-relieving, sleep-inducing, and anti-inflammatory properties;
  • Cannabis may have antipyretic or fever-reducing properties, due to its ability to suppress the immune system; and
  • Some research suggests CBD has anti-viral properties.
If you have the coronavirus, or get it in the future, please share your journey every day or two.

If you are using cannabis to prevent falling ill to the coronavirus, please let us know how that's working for you once per month. It also would help to know if you have come into contact with someone suffering from the virus, and the percentage of your community that has the virus.

Covid-19 is not going to go away. The first infections in China occurred around the seventh of October, and five months later they are still reporting new cases. A vaccine is not expected to be available to the public until the fall of 2021.

We are in this for the long term.

Stay healthy!

Well I guess technically most of us use it as a bit of a preventive then right? Would be nice to have some more high CBD strains around anyways but that's a nice footnote.

With it being a respiratory infection it will be interesting to see how Cannabis smokers fare against it.

Great thread Salty one :thumb:

Well I guess technically most of us use it as a bit of a preventive then right? Would be nice to have some more high CBD strains around anyways but that's a nice footnote.

With it being a respiratory infection it will be interesting to see how Cannabis smokers fare against it.

Great thread Salty one :thumb:

Yes, edibles or capsules would be better choices. especially if someone has difficulty breathing.

Well I guess technically most of us use it as a bit of a preventive then right?
<cut>
Yep. So far it has worked. At the very least after a hit or two I do not worry about the situation as much as I did when I woke up in the morning.

Seriously, if it could be proven that it mitigated symptoms, prevented new cases and/or sped up the curing or recovery of already existing cases I feel that most of the western world countries would have it legalized or at decriminalized within 48 hours.

The impact on the world economy will take a long, long time to recover from. At the moment that seems to be the last thing most governments want to have to face.

On another note, my pharmacy is limiting filling prescriptions to a 30 day supply. In normal times I'd get a 90 day supply. Keep an eye on your meds, and get those prescriptions refilled ASAP.

All governments need to handle the current crisis, and that includes business continuity and preparing for its end. One of these concerns are government licences and registrations. Canada has annual grow licences for medical purposes that are of particular interest here. I've contacted my Member of Parliament, the Minister of Health, Deputy Prime Minister, and Prime Minister, reminding them of this. I've recommended to them that all licences and registration that need to be renewed in Mar, Apr, and May be extended for at least 90 days. This will give the appropriate departments time to process the applications once the crisis is over.

I can see many folk running into legal problems due to expired vehicle registrations, driver's licences, and yes, grow licences.

My pharmacy has done the same, they even warned some people that certain medications may not be able to be filled in the future so to consult with their doctors about alternatives in case that happens. (Blood pressure medication I believe, but could be wrong) I doubt it will happen but still the fact that they are even giving a warning like that is an eye opener for sure. Shit where I’m at people went crazy with the surplus buying... even the dispensaries are out of flower... only us medical folks can get flower and we have to be on the ball with it and pre order the day they get a shipment in. If you don’t then by noon all the flower is sold out the same day their delivery arrives. Lol I know it’s not funny because people are getting very sick but the way some people are reacting to this is pretty hilarious. I haven’t changed a single aspect of my daily life and I haven’t even got the sniffles.. not to say I can’t get the virus but I’m not afraid of getting either. I think those of us that live a healthy and active lifestyle don’t have to worry. I’m more worried about my parents and grandparents getting it...but I do believe that if someone were to get the virus that cannabis would be an essential tool to help ease their symptoms.. when I got the flu I couldn’t hold anything down and smoking allowed me to eat, it also helped with the general pain/unwell feeling I got so I imagine it would help with covid virus as well.

I have thought about using edibles against it but i have no high cbd strains. Only thc. Also there is an article which suggests that smoking can actually reduce your likelyhood of getting hospitalised by sars-cov-2. unexpected.

There are now a few more articles out there stating that Cannabis / CBD and possibly THC, can help reduce lung inflammation in Covid patients and also may have antiviral effect. I did not see method of consumption.

Some cultivars, mostly high CBD sativas can give up to 73% effectiveness at preventing infection.
Thats better than any vaccine will honestly achieve.

The current vaccine they are spewing about is nothing but a scam.
It "claims" to be 90% effective but it was only tested for 7 DAYS.
The CEO made it clear they have no idea how long its effective but from all evidence it will only be effective for at most 3 months and TWO shots are required for that.
To me that makes it less than useless and will lead to idiots thinking they are immune and will spread it like crazy.

And there will be at most 25 million people that can be dosed GLOBALLY for the next 6 months, which again makes it virtually useless.

A N95 to N100 respirator with glasses and proper hand washing is 95% effective at both stopping the spread and preventing you from being infected.
Thats been available since day one.

Just wear a damn mask

The current vaccine they are spewing about is nothing but a scam.
It "claims" to be 90% effective
Vaccine must be stored at an average of 103 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Most Medical facilities do not have that storage capability...

Yep, and that no MRNA vaccine has ever been approved.
They only just started human trials.

I'll stick to wearing a mask for the next 2 years or so.
Yes me too, I have a industrial N95 and 2- P100 face masks. And lots of extra filters...

At the beginning of the pandemic I heard anecdotal reports that tobacco smokers were less affected by the virus.
This wasn't in news reports long any treatment other than genetic modification or ventilation is squashed.
I think it could be that people that went outside to smoke would get sunlight to make vitamin D. Respiratory problems are made worse from smoking usually.
Vitamin C,D, and zinc are good for the immune system. I've worked all year and didn't get sick.... smoked weed,worked,and took vitamins worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom