argh cloning help!

doughboy79

everyone makes it look like its so easy a 2 year old can grow clones.....and its really upsetting me that i cant do it . so far Ive done all the procedures and steps that Cervantes talks about i the bible, i have a cloning mat keeping to root temperature 80 degrees, I'm using jiffy pops and Olivia's rooting hormone, I've tried using the cut the stem in half technique, Ive kept the humidity tent on and misted them like 3 times daily....should i be applying water to the jiffy cubes directly? it says to water evenly but not to let it get soggy, any insight would be extremely appreciated,thank you i advance
doughboy

I think Damagoman has a good point especially how quickly the circulation in a plant can close off after cutting from mother. I think it shuts down lots quicker. You should cut, place in rooting hormone or water or soil or jiffy peat or what ever but do it quickly. The sooner the better. Just do minimal stress to the mom and the cutting. Maybe give some superthrive, to help de-stress before taking the cuttings.
I also have some problems with cloning but mostly it seems how healthy the donor is as equally important as how you handle the cutting. Just in my opinion.

thank you guys, ive bee waterig with a half streagth bio-grow. i have been taking the clones ad imediatley uttig them into olivias root gel and ito jiffy pops with the humidity dome on tight.i thik hey were just dryig out at the jifpop, thaks agai guys.
doughboy

Back
Top Bottom