Argyle & Bakerstreet Strain: Gov Seed From Tweed, Hydro DWC

Northern Hydro

Hi!
Second journal . *disclaimer , first was under a different handle . It may be legal but my paranoia hasn't accepted I am 100% legal *. If you put it together than you read my first journal so Thanks !!

Into paper towel May 25

Set up for18/6 veg so far is :
2x4x7 tent
2 DWC buckets . 2 air stones per bucket
4inch Carbon filter
( NEW) Non sponsored LED light <~this was interesting , and was an interesting learning curve.
A soup of nutes that usually begins with 2 part z7..followed currently by GH line
I am leaving these ( hopefully girls) natural to see what to happens , no Scrog, topping, lst, or training planned ( may change)

My expectations were ( are ) low, 2 out of 4 into water and paper towel actually sprouted . ZERO DIRECTIONS or strain description provided with seeds in comparison with other reliable sources.

Threw them in the cube with some clay pebbles . 6inch net pot ( I find 10 inch too damn heavy for water changes, I have a siphon and Scrog netting and I'm familiar with maximum yield techniques but previous attempts at getting fancy were epic failures so I just pull and place into new bucket and Leave them be for the most part )

Ph range 5.5-6.5 monitored continuously with 2 blue lab meters

Both just had their first water change to approx week 2/ GH line. They got off to a very slow start trying to adjust new light strength and height .

Anyone else out there growing these strains in hydro?
Advise , constructive critism and happy thoughts appreciated ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    693.6 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    843.1 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    677.1 KB · Views: 273
Suspected light leak or she's still adjusting to light intensity increase yesterday ARGYLE ( left) ph falling ..static. Water change just completed 3 days ago.

BAKERSTREET ( right ) < edited Tds meter in bubbles >. More accurate reading now ;)

Not impressed by the plants so far in comparison with previous girls . ( PK, BI , or WW )

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    871.6 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    736.2 KB · Views: 245
Ph up for argyle and superthrive for both .

Couldn't help myself ..topped em

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    785.1 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    782.8 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    768.6 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    813.6 KB · Views: 249
Happy Canada day ! ❤️

36 days from seed . Topped . Living large . Another 2 or 3 weeks till flip I suspect.
Argyle (left) getting fed later
Slow start due to learning new led ✌️

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    817.6 KB · Views: 255
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    909.7 KB · Views: 256
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    553.4 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 253
Hey I hope you r enjoying your Canada Day. If you don’t mind I will watch and c how these government seeds do. I was also thinking about getting a few seeds from the website but i am also having a problem hitting the send button and wrapping my head around ordering from the government lmao. I have been growing in the shadows for many years so old habits die hard I guess. Have you ordered anything else?? Good or bad experiences?? I had a friend at work buy a half Q from one of the big dispensary’s down town. He paid a premium for purple kush and it was 2 thirds shake with a few small nugs lol. Buyer beware I guess. Your plants look great enjoy the rest of the day.

Hey I hope you r enjoying your Canada Day. If you don’t mind I will watch and c how these government seeds do. I was also thinking about getting a few seeds from the website but i am also having a problem hitting the send button and wrapping my head around ordering from the government lmao. I have been growing in the shadows for many years so old habits die hard I guess. Have you ordered anything else?? Good or bad experiences?? I had a friend at work buy a half Q from one of the big dispensary’s down town. He paid a premium for purple kush and it was 2 thirds shake with a few small nugs lol. Buyer beware I guess. Your plants look great enjoy the rest of the day.

Hey KC! Welcome ! ❤️
They got off to a REALLY slow start because of human error and less than half actually popped . I wouldn’t waste your money to be honest .
Only other thing I’ve tried were some indica pills to compare with my homemade ones. .. they were meh . I can make, for much cheaper with a strain that works for me .
By ALL accounts the weed is dried up , overpriced, and over packaged :( so I have not place a herb order. I still have a valid prescription from pre legislation so I should have some time to grow and cure a couple of strains to get me thru until I don’t renew. I feel confident that I can self medicate now after exploring LP’s strains for a few years . I’d rather Not have a medical prescription until the gov’t takes their head out of their ass about driving laws and limits ‍♀️

Been struggling can't figure out if it's the gov't seeds or new light . Might be nutes . Who knows
Flushed argyle with some h2o2 suspected nute lockout. New nutes .
Lotsa of patience needed ..not used plants not taking off ..roots look good , light is highly rated , temp, humidity ok, roots look great . Ph within limits .
Tds is a little low and I will increase both also as she is showing a little low potassium I think
Almost wanna drop a couple of reliable beans to compare . *scratching head *
In my experience they should be way bigger at 35 days ish old ..maybe I'm too medicated .
Namaste

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    917.1 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    723.3 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 252
Roots a little stained from nutes not rot

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    712.5 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    859.1 KB · Views: 241
Been struggling can't figure out if it's the gov't seeds or new light . Might be nutes . Who knows
Flushed argyle with some h2o2 suspected nute lockout. New nutes .
Lotsa of patience needed ..not used plants not taking off ..roots look good , light is highly rated , temp, humidity ok, roots look great . Ph within limits .
Tds is a little low and I will increase both also as she is showing a little low potassium I think
Almost wanna drop a couple of reliable beans to compare . *scratching head *
In my experience they should be way bigger at 35 days ish old ..maybe I'm too medicated .
Namaste
Hey I hope things r going well. They may just need a few more days to recover from the topping. I don’t grow from seed so nothing to compare to but I top my plants as well and it will generally slow them down for a week give or take. What kind of light r you running??

Thanks KC! You are likely right . Time will tell!
Not sure I'm allowed to mention a non sponsored light but it's an electric sky 180 . Came with a dimmer And kinda weird instructions . Great customer service thou and when I inquired the last instruction was 40 inches at half strength So it sat there for about a week and a half, the plants seem stunted despite perfect nutes, flush, and environment stability . I remember topping a white widow and she almost doubled in 48 hours so this really stumps me.
I do prefer Mars no - nonsense instructions of height from plants and no dimmer . I gave up the minor adjustment thing , hung her almost as high as she can go and twisting her dimmer a tiny bit each day until I get to Full ( probs by weekend )
Thanks for reading and commenting .. I defn value your input. :)

Thanks KC! You are likely right . Time will tell!
Not sure I'm allowed to mention a non sponsored light but it's an electric sky 180 . Came with a dimmer And kinda weird instructions . Great customer service thou and when I inquired the last instruction was 40 inches at half strength So it sat there for about a week and a half, the plants seem stunted despite perfect nutes, flush, and environment stability . I remember topping a white widow and she almost doubled in 48 hours so this really stumps me.
I do prefer Mars no - nonsense instructions of height from plants and no dimmer . I gave up the minor adjustment thing , hung her almost as high as she can go and twisting her dimmer a tiny bit each day until I get to Full ( probs by weekend )
Thanks for reading and commenting .. I defn value your input. :)
I would think at 180 true watts it should be fine for that stage of growth in your sq footage. I am new to these LEDs as well but at 40 ish days old and the light being at 40 inches above the canopy 100% power should be no problem for the plants. They should get going soon if that light is 180 true watts. Honestly I pound my plants with light at that age not that they need it but if I can shave a week of each cycle in a year I can almost get one extra cycle a year. I am having my own learning curve over here with LEDS you r not alone lol. I will always run HID beside them just for reliability. Also reliable with HID a huge electric bill lol. Not sure where your from but in Ontario my electric bill is outrageous. Got to love the government.

Funny ! Great minds think alike . I cranked the bitch last night and said what will be will be . I will try this light for one more run with reliable beans after this one to see what the difference is .
I’m in Canada’s Hawaii! ( Vancouver Island) and taking it like a champ right up the you know where with gas and hydro bills. And so , are the days of our lives .

Funny ! Great minds think alike . I cranked the bitch last night and said what will be will be . I will try this light for one more run with reliable beans after this one to see what the difference is .
I’m in Canada’s Hawaii! ( Vancouver Island) and taking it like a champ right up the you know where with gas and hydro bills. And so , are the days of our lives .
Where will you pick the reliable beans up from?I have had some bad experiences with different places. I tend to find strains I like and keep them for years with cloning. I may b traumatized lol. I hope those plants pick up for you. Between the cost of living out there and the earthquakes and after shocks I am sure you could use a win. We all could. Have you been affected by the earthquake or the aftershocks?? That’s some f@&$)( up shit. I hope all is well

Earthquakes are good ! Releases the pressure to prevent a really big disaster ;)

I had good success with CKS :). Also sending you good juju No news on the girls today ..too tired

Earthquakes are good ! Releases the pressure to prevent a really big disaster ;)

I had good success with CKS :). Also sending you good juju No news on the girls today ..too tired
I actually ran two runs of CKS green crack at the start or my 2019 journal. I am still smoking the last of my dabs from it until my Buddha Tahoe is ready. Great seeds, great plant growth and structure, monster colas with a great yield. They were cal pigs but all in all nice smoke It just was not what I was looking for. CKS is one of my best seed experiences as far as getting what I paid for.

Girls responded well with final adjustment of light . Upped EC .. I always play low and slow. Now we wait .
Including a pic of a bean that got dropped into soil around the same time. Unknown strain.
45 days from paper towel
Clearly I’m better with water than dirt :)

Attachments

• 917983A2-AEFD-4B55-919C-78A7AD51A91D.jpeg
    917983A2-AEFD-4B55-919C-78A7AD51A91D.jpeg
    829.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 42891571-52FC-4FD2-A650-75A2AE431408.jpeg
    42891571-52FC-4FD2-A650-75A2AE431408.jpeg
    740.8 KB · Views: 254
  • C50B1A23-8935-4F56-9B25-C8C415AE832D.jpeg
    C50B1A23-8935-4F56-9B25-C8C415AE832D.jpeg
    422.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 9BC84E7D-3398-4345-84B0-D5851BFE75DB.jpeg
    9BC84E7D-3398-4345-84B0-D5851BFE75DB.jpeg
    955.7 KB · Views: 242
  • C453EE85-62DE-4145-A2E3-E0F67B1ECDBF.jpeg
    C453EE85-62DE-4145-A2E3-E0F67B1ECDBF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
47 days from seed ...slowly, but surely
Fed, z7'd, lid spun and back into the light

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    791.5 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    834.5 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    781.9 KB · Views: 250
About 53 days from seed. Starving a little...got a good feed
Going to flip in the next week or so ..next bucket change will be bloom
still unimpressed ..but better potential than the 'dirt'y girls, same age .
I seriously don't know how people grow outdoors or in soil! Mad respect Lol !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 228
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    613.9 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    787.5 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 221
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 220
Hey I hope all is good over there. Have you lowered since you moved it up to 40 inches??You might want to start slowly lowering it a few inches a day and c how the plant react to it. Just guessing but I think that light should b at around 24 inches for flower. Anything higher then that the numbers will fall off quickly around the edges of your tent. Play safe.

Hey KC ! Glad to see you are still on board :)
Thanks for the suggestion , I went down to measure and it’s almost uncannily exact 24 haha
I’ve been eyeballing it ... I have almost a foot after the flip .. might be tight !
Planning on flipping Sunday and switching to bloom nutes / bucket change
HUGE STEMS. Not a lot of foliage , slow start .. could have been the beans, could have been me fiddling with the dimmer daily , can still be the new led but I am very impressed with the diameter of the stems I haven’t seen that this early with 3 other strains.
About 55 days give or take a day or 2 from seed today. I think Sunday is 60 days and I’m running out of room so it’s time to flip :)

Attachments

• 994FCEEF-61FD-448F-A154-EDD771701435.jpeg
    994FCEEF-61FD-448F-A154-EDD771701435.jpeg
    804.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 198D6492-D60B-46F2-9CAC-9315EE5467C9.jpeg
    198D6492-D60B-46F2-9CAC-9315EE5467C9.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 3AC33CBF-A24A-41F0-832E-4F2F6FD302C7.jpeg
    3AC33CBF-A24A-41F0-832E-4F2F6FD302C7.jpeg
    733.8 KB · Views: 235
  • A51AD120-6F6A-41C4-A094-6DBFF3D54EA3.jpeg
    A51AD120-6F6A-41C4-A094-6DBFF3D54EA3.jpeg