Arising Green Grow Journal: Help!

Arising Green

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
Hey 4-twenty-ers. This is my 3rd grow and I'm going to need some help!
I have finally gotten my own place where I can grow my own medicine and am stoked. I've been out of my white white rhino for over a month now (Nirvana)...but a couple minutes ago I managed to get a small hit on my silver surfer and now I'm floored. WoW. Onto the growing..!

My strains on hand:
Purple Wreck
White Widow
KC 36
Lavendar
Kali-Mist
Columbian Red Haze
AngelDust
Northern Lights (Old pack though & the things don't wanna crack..err!)
Bag Seed

This is a perpetual grow...which is good...lots to learn from the pros!

My Info:
Soil:
OMRI Pro Mix w/ lime, Perlite, and 10% EWC
Nutrients:
F. Emulsion, Maxicrop Seaweed, Earth Ambrosia/Nectar, Black strap Molasses, and Indonesian Bat Guano.
-Growing in 2 gallon grow bags.
-Germinated seeds by soaking 24 hours, then placing in H20 soaked napkins inside a heated "germination station"...and into Jiffy-7 peat pellets.

My first test run started about 3 weeks ago with bag seed.
I 18/6'd them for a week, then threw 'em in the..
Flower room: 4 x 4 x 6
Digi 600 watt HPS - 15000btu a/c - heater - 265cfm to cool light - small fan
Temps stay at 76-78F during day and 68-72 during night.

I would have grown the bag seed out more but, well...I need bud asap.
I have 3 bag seed plants in veg (3 weeks old) that I did keep simply because I want to practice cloning with them as well as different methods not yet attempted.
..And I started some 'good' seeds last week..So I currently have..
2 white widow seedlings, 3 kc36 seedlings, and 2 purple wreck seedlings.

But not all is well and I have my suspicions.
I hope to be taking better quality pics in the future..

Veg Station...which also extends further...not yet shown..
I use EcoLux Daylight Fluoros. 4 footers. 40watts-6500K-3050 Initial Lumens
And you can see the 2 foot fluoro I use to sprout new seeds.
DSC000201.JPG

DSC000111.JPG

OK.
Some of my new seedlings are exhibiting a very light green/almost yellow tint to their young leaves.
Here's what one of them looks like (KC36#1)
DSC000131.JPG

And here is 1 of the 3 bag seeds. This one has the same 'lime green/yellow color' thing going on. Can you see that?
DSC000082.JPG

Here's the other 2 bagseed plants:
DSC000102.JPG

DSC000092.JPG

And heres the healthier looking seedlings:
KC36#2
DSC000141.JPG

White Widow#1
DSC00015.JPG

Long post..sorry bout that.
I'm exhausting the whole room with a 465cfm vortex and big ass carbon filter. I'm using GH pH down adjusted faucet water (7.5ish range) for veg/flowering plants. Distilled H20 for germinating. My gut feel is that my water is causing these problems. Especially in the seedlings. The only thing I added was those wal-mart EWC as a top dressing.
I'm sure I missed some info but ask away...you guys have helped me here before in the past...least I can do is offer pics and a journal!

Took some better pics (wanted to practice) to get things rolling on the right track.
I gave my seedlings ph'd H20 of 6.3 today. Already starting to look greener.
I'm a bit worried about my incoming seeds in peat pellets. They are taking forever to pop. It's like they have just 'stopped.' From now on, I'm going directly into my medium.

4-7-8_0111.jpg

4-7-8_010.jpg

4-7-8_009.jpg

4-7-8_008.jpg

4-7-8_006.jpg

4-7-8_005.jpg

4-7-8_004.jpg

4-7-8_003.jpg

4-7-8_002.jpg

4-7-8_001.jpg

Seriously considering going coco. I like the idea of 1 medium to deal with. And it's reusable. Hmm...what about the taste of the bud grown in coco? I probably wouldn't complain. Soo many choices to make...so much time :)
Also, (and I'll be reading up on this) is it better to go from smaller pots to bigger pots (vs. sowing directly into final pot right away) so as to allow the roots to fully cover the medium area before transplanting?

If you watered the seeds with 7.5ph water it may have slowed the growth. Did you germinate them first or just put seeds in peat pellets and water them? How long have you been waiting on them to sprout?

Your plants look great, btw.

Hey 4twenty, thanks!
I soaked the peat pellets in distilled H20 and placed all the seeds..(which were soaked for 24 hours, then placed in damp/warm paper towels until tap root was shown)..about 1/4 inch down...so just the head of the seed was showing in the pellet. Maybe I should have fully covered them with a layer of peat?
I just checked on them and it looks like some are SLOWLY coming up. I believe I had better/quicker luck starting seeds under 24/0 lighting vs. 18/6. These seeds were placed in pellets yesterday morning @ 8:30. My temps did drop to around the 68-70 range the first night in the pellets...maybe thats a bit too cold? Would it be OK if I put these under 24/0 light until popped?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your help so far!
It was the cold temps causing the slow germination rates. Soo..
6 out of 9 came up and were planted tonight in ProMix & watered with Ambrosia/Nectar.

Vegging plants will receive fish emulsion (5-1-1) w/ liquid seaweed (and as a foliar feed.)
Earth Ambrosia/Nectar will be used every 30 days...starting with Day 1 seedlings.
Flowering plants: 1st half I'll be giving them Big Bloom (fox farm) w/ seaweed.
2nd half I'll be feeding them a Indonesian Bat Guano & molasses tea.
4-7-8_020.jpg

Flushing...well...lots of debate it seems with this and organic gardening.
Soo...I have a couple recently confirmed girls in the flower room (bag seed) that I will test different methods and see if the taste differs. Here's the 2 confirmed girls:
4-7-8_0081.jpg

4-7-8_0061.jpg

Here's the 6 newest members of the family:
(Kali-Mist(2), Lavender(2), Colombian Red Haze(1) and AngelDust(1)
4-7-8_012.jpg

4-7-8_030.jpg

4-7-8_034.jpg

4-7-8_032.jpg

4-7-8_031.jpg

(lavendar)
4-7-8_029.jpg

On a side note...
Heres 3 Aurora Indica (left) and 3 Big Bud (right)
4-7-8_018.jpg

3 A.I. seedlings..
4-7-8_019.jpg

And an update of the rest of the crew..
4-7-8_028.jpg

4-7-8_027.jpg

4-7-8_026.jpg

(kc36 #1)
4-7-8_025.jpg

(purple wreck #2)
4-7-8_023.jpg

(kc36 #3)
4-7-8_024.jpg

(purple wreck #1)
4-7-8_021.jpg

And finally...the 3 bagseed stooges..
4-7-8_0112.jpg

I'm feeling more confident in my grow, now. And I'll be using the ProMix all by itself with no additives. I like keeping it simple...this is what's in my ProMix:
Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (75-85 % / vol.)
Dolomitic & Calcitic Limestone (pH adjuster)
Endomycorrhize (Mycorise® Pro) Macronutrients
Perlite - horticultural grade Micronutrients
Vermiculite - Wetting Agent

I love doing this journal because it allows me to gather ALL my thoughts about my grow.
Anyway. Time for sleep.

Hey BerryDizzle,
This whole thing takes place in one room with an enclosed 4x4x6 flowering area. I do not do 12/12 from seed, but I threw in those bagseed plants only after 3 days veg as I'm out of meds and would like some bud to get by until I clone my vegging plants, then flower the plants I took cuttings from...and then start my "mother collection with my 7+ strains.
Thanks for checkin in!
Cheers

Great growing!

I'm lovin' your strains. I'll definitely be following this journal, keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom