Arising Green Grow Journal: Help!

Shiiiiiiit.

Today I was giving my plants their daily examination and came across this on my
"highly anticipated sweet smelling bag-seed plant"... (43 days flowering)
5-2-8_005.jpg

Now, that is a male flower, right? I've spotted a few of them and plucked them off.

My question is: What should I do..lol?

Below are my suspicions on why this has happened:
1 - Genetics. This seed came from highly seeded bud.
2 - I transplanted this plant while 20-some days into flowering. Perhaps that screwed it.

Other than that, feeding schedule hasn't been overkill at all. Water-feed-water-feed.
I checked for light leaks; non-existent.

This plant smells like fruit I tell ya. If it hermied due to my own mistake, I'd be glad since
I could keep this plant in my garden. BUT, if its genetics, it will never exist in my garden again...lol.

Is it too hard to tell what caused this?
The other 2 females I have in my bud room show no signs of male flowers..
Would it be wise to harvest this girl at 43 days flower?

Thanks all.

...So I cut her down :)
I got LOTS of good strains coming and didn't want to put more risk impregnating my other girls already in flower.
Took a sample from her and am quick drying it on top of my ballast for a couple hours...then into a container for a couple more hours.

On a more positive note, I threw my first Purple Wreck into flower some time ago and today I noticed white hairs coming out :) Stay tuned...

Just got to start reading this thread and i must say great job my friend:clap:.. simply beautiful.. cant wait to see that purple wreck fully developed.. +reps:grinjoint:

I don't think those were true male sacks, I think they refer to them as bananas and they don't produce any real pollen, I think..... I could be wrong but some of the other more experienced growers like moose, boss, berrydizzle would know better.

The indica, some of the small ones are very dark too me as well, but they look healthy :)

I am thinking your nutes just have a high N level maybe.

Hi, I think boss is right about the N.
Isn't your soil mixture too hot.
Good call on the hermie, if it came from a fully seeded bud, chances are it's
a full hermie. And only a few banana's on a plant doesn't mean they're sterile.
Sometimes they are though.
good luck with your grow, I like your aproach.

wz :bong:

any word on those possible male flowers?

I had a plant develop a few seeds even though their were no males in the area.

Thanks all for the comments!

My soil mix isn't hot at all which is the weird thing. It's pro-mix w/ perlite and all my future (and some current) mixes are cheap potting soil w/ perlite. No extra nutes in soil. Perhaps it's the Wal-Mart worm casting pellets I top dressed the girls with (and my other plants)? I used quite a bit. (1-0-0)
Hmmm.

Yea, chances are that it would have full-blown hermied on me. No reason to deal with that shit when I got all these good strains coming. The possible hermies 'sister' is on 43 days flower today and I'm keeping a real good eye on her. If I spot some 'naners'...she's gone too.

So I vaped the early chopped plant last night and got a real nice buzz. Nothing too powerful (mostly in the head!) but I've been clean for over a month so it was nice :)
...and man did I eat. Perhaps after it hang dries and cures it will be even better.

Seedlings are growing....
5-3-8_001.jpg

5-3-8_002.jpg

Clones are rooting........
5-3-8_009.jpg

5-3-8_008.jpg

5-3-8_006.jpg

Both Kali-Mist....
5-3-8_004.jpg

Both Lavender.....
5-3-8_005.jpg

Angel Dust....
5-3-8_003.jpg

Both KC36 responding well to the top-cloning....
5-3-8_015.jpg

Both White Widow also responding well to the top-cloning....
5-3-8_014.jpg

...The other White Widow (since it's cutting is rooting) was put in flower today....
..Sooo below is LEFT to RIGHT: Columbian Red Haze; WW; Purple Wreck
5-3-8_010.jpg

And inside the bud room.....(Oh the one in the bucket is an experiment) :)
5-3-8_016.jpg

Well the plant in the bubble bucket is my first attempt at hydro because I really want to get to the bottom of this taste contrast between hydro grown and organic/soil grown bud. Sooo I cant wait to have both finished products...

It's a bag-seed plant from the same bud the other bag-seed girl(s) came from. And I'm using Advanced Nutrients 2-part on her since I had it left over from last grow :)
She's a bushy mother with lots of bud sites and little buds startin to form. At around day 32 I think..

Oh and yes, the clones are in plain, distilled water.

Good call. That's a basic comparison that all growers, who can, should do. I haven't been able to go hydro yet so lemme know what you find!

DaMagoMan,
I haven't been using any rooting hormones for this water-cloning method. But I'm no expert, do you think a rooting powder/gel would help?

No kidding about the roots between nodes? The middle rooting pic is of my White Widow. Is that the clone you were referring to about a 'great clone strain.'? (The first and last clone pic are my flowering clones)

And to keep light out, I'm using black-white poly cut out in circles to fit around the dixie cups I'm using. This is my first attempt at this cloning method, so thanks for any advice..!

DaMagoMan,
I haven't been using any rooting hormones for this water-cloning method. But I'm no expert, do you think a rooting powder/gel would help?

No kidding about the roots between nodes? The middle rooting pic is of my White Widow. Is that the clone you were referring to about a 'great clone strain.'? (The first and last clone pic are my flowering clones)

And to keep light out, I'm using black-white poly cut out in circles to fit around the dixie cups I'm using. This is my first attempt at this cloning method, so thanks for any advice..!

WhiteWidow is easy to clone, from what I have heard.

This is your first attempt!
Congrats on the Clue you got :cheesygrinsmiley:
Covered to keep light out and with just water, you got it.

Most times you see roots only at nodes or the bottom cut.
Except when you use hormones, they pop out everywhere.

Hmmm, could be your water supply too,
your chest ain't gettin' big is It?!?

How long did it take for the roots to start and show?
I tried just water, way back a few yrs ago when I decided to get serious
But they seemed to take too long, For me that way.
Reason I ask how long :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom