Arjan's Haze #1

An update... Plants were kept out of the hot sun and off the tiles during recent 95 degree heat. Morning sun, outdoor shade in the pm. Still lots of light in the shade, I mean outdoors under a clear sky there is more light in the shade than it might seem. Probably way more than in an indoor setup. Just guessing. Jack Herer, middle, is a really beautiful plant!

In amongst the basil, kale, and rocket, ahh, what have we here? From the far right: Canna-Seed freebie White Widow x Bubblegum fem (looking very indica nice), and then RQS Critical fem, also a freebie. The other plants are, from the far left, mainly haze strains. The 4th from the left, an S-1 from last year's Sensi's Mexican Sativa, is possibly a cross from a Purple Maroc that flowered nearby. We'll see... Just plain missing from this group-shot is, last-but-not-least, the famous Arjan's Strawberry Haze, of which there are three! What am I going to do? Looking forward to comparing all these wonderful flowers...

Nice looking garden there.

Shade sun - can grow cannabis in it. Makes them grow taller!

A friend of mine was growing in his back yard. First time I saw his grow he was growing plants next to big trees. The plants were in the shade the whole grow.

Went out to see his grow and I'm like "where are they" - he pointed up in the air they were easily 20 feet tall well above my head. I didn't see them until he pointed them out to me. He trimmed off all the lower branches. Eye level was nothing but stalks the size of my arms.

Thanks Bob. These plants get direct sunlight about 7 hours per day. During July and August it is just too hot for the plants on the hot tiles and in the I've had root damage leading to hermies. They are now a quite a bit taller than in the latest photo, I'll have to post another... Cheers

Jack Herer has beautiful internodal spacing and side branching. Pistils too sparse to get a good photo on Sept 1.

Arjan's Haze #1 on Sept 1, big plant, needs lots of room.

Some of the others, in particular Arjan's Strawberry Haze, started flowering and pushing pistils about Aug 20.

Great explanation! I just learned something new. I am trying autoflowers for my first grow, and then I would like to move to photoperiods and ScrOG. Once I have my environment stabalized and some solid grow experience, I plan to find out if growing 2 batches of autoflowers yields more than growing 1 photoperiod in the same amount of time and space. Also, I'm hoping to learn if there are quality differences between autoflower and photoperiods. And ... and ... and ... :)

Good luck with your grow and I will take a look at your other grows and see what else there is to learn ...
Hi SQ I've been growing autos a while now. The myth that they don't yield much or are of lower quality are just false. Some of the most potent smoke I've ever had has come from autos. I love how I can keep a constant grow going cause of no light change and can always add plants. Growing photos is very fun and if you have the space and time you can grow a mother plant and clone when needed. But my space setup is great for autos and it great to always have a plant ready to harvest. My first yr growing indoors was with photos I got in 2 harvest which was lucky and ran out of smoke in between grows. Since I've gone autos I harvest 2 to 3 plants a month and start new seeds every 3 weeks the variety and quantity is spot on.

The setup is a cheap little "lean-to" greenhouse I got for stealth. The plants in it have direct sun from 6am to about 3pm, lots of breeze and a bit warmer on cool days.

Arjan's Strawberry Haze. I was surprized to see her flower so early, on about August 20. The younger one (3 weeks younger) also has gone into flower. Topped twice, she stayed manageable even after stretch. Am getting the berry aroma, very nice.

As a seedling, this Arjan's Haze #1 had a skunky smell. No longer. Slower to flower than the Strawberry Haze, she may need to go into November, weather permitting. I don't know what to expect here, and she's not telling.

Jack Herer is a beautiful plant to grow. I got three freebie seeds from Santyerbasi and two popped, one of those was male. So here we are. I topped her twice and got a fairly even canopy. I understand with this strain it's about quality not quantity. The bud sites are all about the same height. Great plant for topping.

Plants all looking great. Where did you get that lean to sun thing??

Got it online. I guess it's called a lean-to greenhouse, generally they're small 6' x 4' or so. Cost is anywhere between $50 and $5000. They are available in so many different makes and models. Have a look here

OGrow OGAL-46 Greenhouse, 25 sq.ft

1665359340911.png

That one look pretty good but it is not mine. Mine was cheap but not the cheapest ($250) and flimsy, very light, thin plastic not glass. I had to find a way to anchor it so the wind doesn't blow it away (it's not on soil, where it could be dug in). I hope it holds up over the winter.

But all that aside, am happy with it. So are the plants. :yummy:

Hi SQ I've been growing autos a while now. The myth that they don't yield much or are of lower quality are just false. Some of the most potent smoke I've ever had has come from autos...

Hi KTM

I get some of the advantages of auto-flowering strains. A cross with ruderalis is the standard genetics for autos, making for automatic flowering at a certain time regardless of photoperiod. There seems to be a trade-off there with potency. For me, patience with photoperiods always produced the best weed, but maybe I could try an auto. So what particular autoflowering strains produced some of the most potent smoke you ever had?

White moscow was the best so far but white widow,super skunk,and 4 assed monkey have been my best. At this point they have made autos just as good. For sure yields are smaller but not much as I found properly trained autos can produce good yields.

White moscow was the best so far but white widow,super skunk,and 4 assed monkey have been my best. At this point they have made autos just as good. For sure yields are smaller but not much as I found properly trained autos can produce good yields.

No doubt they can. But when you say "white moscow" and "white widow", etc., what breeder or seed bank do you mean?

Those are both from 420guy seeds.

Yes that's him he might be out of Moscow atm but his stocks are very good. Not 1 bad thing from his seeds he also has some good seeds from other good breeders. That white widow is a must

Yes that's him he might be out of Moscow atm but his stocks are very good. Not 1 bad thing from his seeds he also has some good seeds from other good breeders. That white widow is a must

There is an "Auto Moscow" from Seedsman. Could that be one that you got from New420Guy but was actually bred by Seedsman?

Could be

So getting back to the haze grow. It's been a few weeks since the last update. Today, October 1, the two Arjan's Strawberry Haze are well into flowering and maybe will be ready in another two weeks minimum, maybe even another month. The younger ASH plant, No. 2, is farther along than the older one.
ASH#2 1Oct19.jpg
ASH#2(3) 1Oct19.jpg
ASH#2(4) 1Oct19.jpg

Here is ASH number 1, the "elder berry." A taller plant, she was very vigorous and beautiful as a seedling (my avatar). Topped twice. The side branches overtook and passed up the four tops from the double-topping, which can be seen in the center of the plant. The buds clearly have longer to go to finish, probably at least three weeks more. On both plants, the berry aroma is absolutely everything Greenhouse Seeds promised, so far, anyway...

ASH 1Oct19.jpg

ASH(2) 1Oct19.jpg

The Jack Herer will need longer. Nice to see her flowering. Less fruity aroma, a bit skunky but not overpowering.

JH 1Oct19.jpg
JH(2) 1Oct19.jpg

Finally, Arjan's Haze #1. This plant has only now, around the start of October, begun to show visible signs of pushing pistils. Not even light colored yet, they are just tender green flowers. At this point I am going on the assumption she will finish around mid-November. Weather permitting... No pistils in sight, no discernable aroma yet. Obviously a healthy plant, just needs time...

AH#1 1Oct19.jpg

Attachments

• ASH(2) 1Oct19.jpg
    ASH(2) 1Oct19.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 44
  • ASH(3) 1Oct19.jpg
    ASH(3) 1Oct19.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom