Arjan's Haze #3 in Soil - LED/CFL

Re: Arjans Haze #3 in soil, LED/CFL

Thanks all and welcome mhoehn17 to 420 mag! I Hope you like it here. Best forum I've ever been part of. No internet trolls here lol! Just friendly people who like cannabis.

:welcome:

Bassman or anyone else, looking at the past development, when would you advice I start flower? Plants have started slowly gaining height again. Big one at 22 cm (9"), little one at 18 cm (7") right now.

I say at about 12" go for it. iirc 80 cm was near your max, so this will keep them well under that at end of stretch.

Day 44 from seed, day 2 of 12/12

Day43_Day1_12-12_2_b.JPG

So I started flowering photo period two days ago. I can see the plants are posturing for stretch but not much has happened yet.

I've let the pots dry out now to the point where the leaves were starting to hang a little on the big plant. So today I flushed them with 1 ml/l BioGrow, 0.5 ml/l of BioBloom and BioHeaven. I also added powedered egg shell from 4 eggs evenly between the plants. I whacked the egg shells long and hard with a mortar and pestle while watching UFC. :)

Here they are in my tub waiting for H2O!

Day44_0_b.JPG

Day44_1_b.JPG

The plant in the smaller orange pot has recovered faster and better from the second defoil. The plant in the air pot is still a little bigger and taller but I think the little guy is catching up. Both are healthy though so I can't complain the the big guy is starting to slow down. But look at that little bushy beast of a plant!

Then there were lots of pictures... :cheer:

Day44_2_b.JPG

Day44_4_b.JPG

Day44_5_b.JPG

Day44_7_b.JPG

Day44_11_b.JPG

Day44_10_b.JPG

Peace and love! :peace::green_heart:

Stretch has set in!

Some opposite branches are of unequal length because my closet is unevenly illuminated and I haven't rotated the plants good enough.

If I want to make the plants more symmetrical should I direct the shorter branches towards the blue or the yellow CFL for maximum branch growth?

Day 39 update

Hola! Here is a time lapse since the second defoiliation, from the day 34-39.

Day_34-36_timelapse.jpg

Day_37-39_timelapse.jpg
Love these two photos, fantastic!:bravo::high-five:

In answer to your last question, not based on scientific fact more on 'gut feeling and a little observational experience', to get veg growth I would bend to get more blue light!

Yeah veg is best under blue light but if your wanting branches to catch up then putting them branches under a red light will make them stretch to make a more even canopy. I have red and blue and have to swap them around as the ones under the red stretch more.

Inkdot, to avoid confusion I reckon follow JCB a good move:thumb:
Yeah veg is best under blue light but if your wanting branches to catch up then putting them branches under a red light will make them stretch to make a more even canopy. I have red and blue and have to swap them around as the ones under the red stretch more.

You are right ajagunle,veg does favour blue spec to keep them nice and bushy. But if you want to stretch a few branches stick them under or next to a red bulb.

Gahh there are too many strains I wanna grow!

I need more grow space! Next time I might be inclined to mess with autos.

Looking closely at Dutch Passions newer auto stuff. Mostly the AutoMazar and AutoExtreme. Very interested to test two different autos next round. One fast and one slow.

Check these out!

AutoMazar
[video=youtube;DCHbnduJa58]
[/video]

AutoBlueberry
[video=youtube;DvznmW9xTkg]
[/video]

Also, it wouldnt be a proper post without random photos... Microscopic preflowers are popping up, no hairs yet but they don't look like male balls.

IMG_118411.JPG
IMG_119112.JPG
IMG_11788.JPG

Wow look at them now, so healthy so many bud sites, that defoil worked great. I'm just a bit scared of it still, i'll keep watching all yours.

Stretch has set in!

Some opposite branches are of unequal length because my closet is unevenly illuminated and I haven't rotated the plants good enough.

If I want to make the plants more symmetrical should I direct the shorter branches towards the blue or the yellow CFL for maximum branch growth?

Good question. I'll keep watching to see the answer. On one hand, the most upward growth I have gotten on some strains is when I put them under a flowering spectrum and cut the lights to 12/12 (how much that has to do with the light type as opposed to a certain plant's traits I don't know). On the other hand the blue spectrum is supposed to be for growth and should be the spectrum to go with. I've read that you can keep the height of your plants down by using HPS during veg, but I don't know if it works the opposite in flowering (MH for taller plants).

Wow look at them now, so healthy so many bud sites, that defoil worked great. I'm just a bit scared of it still, i'll keep watching all yours.

Thanks JBC! I think I should have gone easier on them with the second defoil though.

Next time I'm gonna let more leaves stay on the peripheral branches that I wanna promote to the same height as the main shoots. And I'm gonna do the first defoil a little earlier in veg like Bassman suggested.

Yeah may be doing a bit myself now as ive topped them. Might just let the light into the middle branches.

Good question. I'll keep watching to see the answer. On one hand, the most upward growth I have gotten on some strains is when I put them under a flowering spectrum and cut the lights to 12/12 (how much that has to do with the light type as opposed to a certain plant's traits I don't know). On the other hand the blue spectrum is supposed to be for growth and should be the spectrum to go with. I've read that you can keep the height of your plants down by using HPS during veg, but I don't know if it works the opposite in flowering (MH for taller plants).

No mate, sorry to to argue with a chimp but hps makes them stretch in veg. Yes blue is for veg but that doesnt make them taller it keeps them short and bushy if anything.

When I had a poo setup all I had was red CFL's and they stretched like crazy, not until I invested in a blue light did the start to look like real plants. I have red bulb on one side and blue on the other and I have to alternate the plants under each light as the ones under the red stretch.

O yeah thanks for reps Inkdot!
Didnt defoil mine just topped them all as the side branches are big regardless. Your defoil looks great now though, I'm just a little scared :)

Yeah it defo decreases the bushiness of the plants, it does this by stretching it mate. I used to grow crapens like that. Few red cfl's and wheeey, cheap free tall ass weed :)

O yeah thanks for reps Inkdot!
Didnt defoil mine just topped them all as the side branches are big regardless. Your defoil looks great now though, I'm just a little scared :)

I agree, defoil in veg is scary!

But I'm still an inexperienced grower so I have to try different things and see what works. So far so good but I maybe should have skipped the second defoil this grow because I started too late in veg and it probably set me back almost a week in time. Still no big deal! But now I'm gonna follow the method to a tee do another hard defoil at day 21 of flower after stretch is done. Then I'll go lighter and only remove a few here and there that are shading important stuff.

Next grow I might do things completely different but so far I'm 100% sure this is gonna be my best grow unless I fuck something up and they die on me! :)

Best thing with defoil (other then supposedly 30% higher yields?) is I get to brew Indian milk drink and be high! I live in a ganja wasteland and have not had anything of my own to smoke for months. So every time I get to be high is a real treat! Only time I got to smoke since autumn has been when friends had a little but I really miss sitting at home and zoning out to a nice movie while toking.
:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom