Arjan's Haze #3 in Soil - LED/CFL

Got 10g today! Was not Maroccan hash as I expected but pressed smuggle weed from Jamaica. It smells earthy and hashy. Some afghanica heritage perhaps? It has a fantastic indica effect, a real couch lock but yet cerebral.

Well grown under the sun (with a few seeds, will pop them in water and see if they live) but unfortunately there is a harsh chemical aftertaste, like it's been sprinkled with pesticides or something. A sad way to treat such a fine flower. It has zero bag appeal anyway, but a fine smell and effect. I've never been much for looks anyway...

I'm water curing them right now to purify, it will remove a lot of the taste but also make it a fantastic smooth and clean smoke I hope! :)

Thank Jah Rastafarian!

Hey Inkdot, I might of had something very similar, said to be jamaican Import a few weeks ago. Is it crushed block style skunk, little dark with few crucshed seeds in it. Quite a mongy high but an OK weed for the Jamaican sun. (HOT)!! Same as African/Kenyan, they think it sik when you there and say all tourists claim to have better cannabis but they know as Rasta's originate from Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya. But to be honest they grow it too fast to save ot from burn and is quite crap really. Mine WAS better lol.

That Jamaican block stuff is alright though, Ok taste and does the job. :Rasta::ganjamon::surf:

Hey Inkdot, I might of had something very similar, said to be jamaican Import a few weeks ago. Is it crushed block style skunk, little dark with few crucshed seeds in it. Quite a mongy high but an OK weed for the Jamaican sun. (HOT)!! Same as African/Kenyan, they think it sik when you there and say all tourists claim to have better cannabis but they know as Rasta's originate from Ethiopia, Somalia and Kenya. But to be honest they grow it too fast to save ot from burn and is quite crap really. Mine WAS better lol.

That Jamaican block stuff is alright though, Ok taste and does the job. :Rasta::ganjamon::surf:

This was harvested at the right time. Really intense but no paranoia. Yeah maybie Skunky? But not so smelly, more earthy hash smell. My only complaint, and it's a big one, is that chemical taste. Water cure takes care of that I hope!

:thumb::ganjamon:

How do you water cure, is the washing in tubs thing. But how do you dry it again?

I store them in an open water container in the dark. Water to absorb chemicals, chlorophyll etc over a period of 48 hours (the quick but effective version). The container need to be open to allow for chemicals to vaporize and the weed needs to be weighed down with something or blocked at the surface by a net or something so that it's fully submerged.

I dry as quick as possible afterwards. I wrap them in some coffee filter or something and dry it quickly in front of a fan.

I was mainly talking about the Kenyan grown too fast as I went there and sampled a lot of it all :) Had the jamaican at home as an import , that was the block stuff , quite good smoke, much better than the Kenyan Bud. The Kenyan is really small calyxs, loads of them and very airy and leafy. Sort of opposite to Jamaican slab stuff. But just seen some videos of jamaican in tyres with bad soil, but never sampled it there, never been there.

Do you have any pictures of it???

Picture of the day. :thumb:

Flowering_day_6_0_.JPG

Flowering day 9

I'm thankful to move them forward in continued good health. :hippy:

I took a few leaves that were shading too many secondary grow tips.

Not gonna write much because I'm pretty baked.

Overview

Flowering_day_9_0_b.JPG

Plant in big air pot

This bastard is starting to look healthy again and grows a lot but is not as far advanced into flowering yet. I wonder if this one is gonna mature later as well.

Look at the grow tips, you can hardly see it's flowering!

Flowering_day_9_1_b.JPG
Flowering_day_9_6_b.JPG
Flowering_day_9_8_b.JPG
Flowering_day_9_9_b.JPG

Plant in orange pot

This one looks like it flowered twice as long.

Flowering_day_9_3_b.JPG
Flowering_day_9_5_b.JPG
Flowering_day_9_14_b.JPG
Flowering_day_9_7_b.JPG
Flowering_day_9_11_b.JPG
Flowering_day_9_10_b.JPG

Starting to look like something! And I don't think stretch is something I have to worry about too bad.

Peace! :peace:

Day 65 from seed, day 21 of 12/12, Day 12 of flowering. Time for a light defoliation!

So 65 days have already passed, around 58 days left of flowering. So I've just passed the half point of this grow!

Girls are fed about every third day mostly with water but will give them a big feeding of flower nutes next week. Still not a bad leaf on the plants.

Since I did defoliate twice in veg I have lots of secondary growth that were just waiting for light down there in the dark inside. Therefore I went ahead and did a little more defoliation, plucking them so that each section of the plant opened up. If three leaves were occupying the same area of the plant I removed two etc so that each leaf left is in use and more light can penetrate to the lower levels.

From now on I might do some more defoliation at day 21 of flower and then a little here and there as needed.

Flowering_day_12_0_.JPG
Flowering_day_12_4_.JPG
Flowering_day_12_2_.JPG

Here is all the secondary growth (actually it sould be tertiary since it's the side branches of side branches). This defoliation will keep it thriving and the next one will hopefully see it explode.

Flowering_day_12_7_.JPG
Flowering_day_12_10_.JPG

Here is some profile shots in more even light. If I try to take these kind of photos in the light room I get to big contrasts. The defoliation looks more severe in person, my camera has a way of making everything look flat and shadows look too dark therefore it might look like I did very little but I think I took about 50% of the big leaves.

Flowering_day_12_13_.JPG
Flowering_day_12_15_.JPG
Flowering_day_12_16_.JPG
Flowering_day_12_17_.JPG

I think I'll get 8 main tops at canopy level for Orange pot and 6-7 tops for big Air pot (Or 4 really big ones).

Peace! :peace:

Nice work so far. Looking good. CFLs can give a decent amount of weed. I look forward to see how the buds turn out.

Thanks man!

The CFLs though are supporting lights to my 240w Blackstar, used to round off the spectrum and get some side lighting for side branches. Hmm I should probably run two yellow in flowering though. I wonder if I can get a second 65w yellow one cheap?

Edit: Extra pic!

Flowering_day_12_9_.JPG

:green_heart:

Looks great inkdot!! Looks like your going to have 2 beasts very soon! I love how LED's make the pictures look. You can get them 60w 2700k cfl's of that Amaz Jungle shopping site really cheap mate. I think they produce nearly as many luminens as my 250w cfl's but they do make things a bit too hot in my room so I took it out. Airflow not best in mine though, just circulating pulled air from the bottom and extracted from the top. But will be getting better extraxtion very soon.

:goodjob:

Looks great inkdot!! Looks like your going to have 2 beasts very soon! I love how LED's make the pictures look. You can get them 60w 2700k cfl's of that Amaz Jungle shopping site really cheap mate. I think they produce nearly as many luminens as my 250w cfl's but they do make things a bit too hot in my room so I took it out. Airflow not best in mine though, just circulating pulled air from the bottom and extracted from the top. But will be getting better extraxtion very soon.

:goodjob:

What is Amaz Jungle? Never heard of it.

Pics look good. Assuming you are at the end of stretch, I'd go ahead and defoliate them some more.They'll love you for it long time in just a few days. They look very nice, yet one can easily see the massive amount of shading still going on down the plant. They'll have new, smaller leaves in just a few days.

Pics look good. Assuming you are at the end of stretch, I'd go ahead and defoliate them some more.They'll love you for it long time in just a few days. They look very nice, yet one can easily see the massive amount of shading still going on down the plant. They'll have new, smaller leaves in just a few days.

Not yet. I want them to stretch more first. :morenutes:

Next weekend I might take the rest big leaves. :)

Back
Top Bottom