Arrests Made In Connection To Mexico's Largest Marijuana Plantation

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Just days after Mexican soldiers set fire to thousands of marijuana plants, 58 suspects were detained - about a quarter of them were workers at the plantation from the state of Sinaloa.

The massive 300-acre marijuana plantation was located 200 miles south of Tijuana in the Baja California desert. The field had previously escaped detection because it was surrounded by cacti and covered by shade cloth.

Mexican army general Alfonso Duarte Mújica headed the operation and spoke about the details at a press conference in Baja.

"It's important to point out that this seizure is one of the biggest blows to the cartels and their finances," Mújica said. "The street value is estimated to be $160 million."

The plantation was owned and operated by the Sinaloa Cartel, which is headed by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the most sought-after drug lord in Mexico.

Biggest ever? Video of giant marijuana plantation in Mexico

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: kpbs.org
Author: Ruxandra Guidi
Copyright: KPBS Public Broadcasting
Website: Arrests Made In Connection To Mexico's Largest Marijuana Plantation

:adore::adore::adore: Baby the MEX-WEED is getting better and better every year and just remember this stuff is growing out in the middle of the friggen desert!!! GO Go ggggggooooo this stuff is going to be on the US market later this fall. RD :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :peace::peace::peace:

I'm not sure about you, RD, but I'm not happy at all that mexican weed is in the US Cannabis market. It's blood money, brother, and the violence associated with it is not at all good. To me, that far outweighs any caring about how good the weed is. Just my 2 cents.

:peacetwo:

I'm not sure about you, RD, but I'm not happy at all that mexican weed is in the US Cannabis market. It's blood money, brother, and the violence associated with it is not at all good. To me, that far outweighs any caring about how good the weed is. Just my 2 cents.

I don't buy it for the reasons you mentioned (karma). But..... if mexican seeds are used for growing, and love and care is taken in the growing and curing its not bad at all. Its the way 'brick' is treated that really lowers the quality.

One of my best friends was an American doctor in Tiajuana married to another doctor that is a Mexican national. He and his wife recently moved to Nicaragua because of the violence. He lived In Tiajuana for 10 years.

His stories about Tiajuana paint a horrible picture of what has become. He and his peers lived in gated communities, but somehow security was never enough. Doctors were kidnapped and ransomed. Fingers of the doctors were sent to the families that took too long to pay up.

The cartels are a mob. They are involved in every kind of crime, and marijuana is just one of the elements. Where ever the mob goes, they bring all that crime and violence. Latin gangs are the most violent of all. All the Mexican border towns have become very dangerous since the USA had closed the sea and air routes from Colombia to Florida. Now the routes are by land through Central America, where every legal official is for sale or dead.

People that buy imported illicit drugs are supporting horrendous violence.

I can't say what the answer is, but I believe that the human condition is the root of the problem. It's not about drugs, it's about greed and power. Drugs are just a way that people strive to get money and power, much like a bank robber takes down a bank for money or a politician takes bribe money. Until we humans realize that it's better to care for our fellow man than to be rich and powerful, this type of thing will continue.

If this is the only way you have to make a living you will do it.The problems in Mexico are caused by the u.s. goverment.

:peace::peace::peace: Sorry Brothers but you read me WRONG. I agree with all of you and I wouldn't buy any marijuana that was grown by the cartel's. I meant to post a sarcastic response to the failed drug war on the border . These :rip::rip::rip:: cartels need to be put out of business . The Americans who purchase there products need to open there eyes and see what they are supporting with there purchases. The murders of so many innocent people and a drug-war gone CRAZY:loopy::loopy: are just a tip of the iceberg. RD :peace::amen::amen::peace::peace:

If this is the only way you have to make a living you will do it.The problems in Mexico are caused by the u.s. goverment.
What? Is the U.S. the cause of all that is bad? I think the Mexican government has much more to do with the issue than we do. If you are going to say we are the cause, give some well reasoned examples to support your statement. If it is just an uninformed opinion, then at least say "in my opinion, the problems in Mexico are caused by the U.S. government".

Mexico is a corrupt, 3rd world country and happens to be our neighbor, how is that our fault. They have been a corrupt, 3rd world country for almost as long as they've been a nation.

I have many friends that live South of the Border and they like to blame all of their woes on someone else, instead of taking responsibility and acknowledging that they're part of the problem.

What? Is the U.S. the cause of all that is bad? I think the Mexican government has much more to do with the issue than we do. If you are going to say we are the cause, give some well reasoned examples to support your statement. If it is just an uninformed opinion, then at least say "in my opinion, the problems in Mexico are caused by the U.S. government".

Mexico is a corrupt, 3rd world country and happens to be our neighbor, how is that our fault. They have been a corrupt, 3rd world country for almost as long as they've been a nation.

I have many friends that live South of the Border and they like to blame all of their woes on someone else, instead of taking responsibility and acknowledging that they're part of the problem.

Are they doing it for us? We have dea & cia down there our drones are flying above and we foot the bill why else would they be doing it. We can't protect our own border, but we can help someone else. :peace:

What? Is the U.S. the cause of all that is bad?

The U.S. government will threaten other countries that don't go along with our plans when it comes to the war on drugs/people. If they want our support/money etc. then they had best go along with our program.

The U.S. doesn't just mean the government, it also means the people. If you use Cannabis that is coming into the U.S. through Mexico then you are part of the cause of those problems and all that entails. If you buy from those sources and someone dies in the process of getting that Cannabis to you then you are responsible in part for that death. Many U.S. citizens are therefore partially responsible for thousands of deaths.

The ONLY solution to all of this is the Re-Legalization of Cannabis.

Here where I live from where the weed comes from I do not know? It never has any labeling can't tell the difference sometime it's better and sometimes not that good. It's not my fault they created the industry and the crime that's associated with it,but then again I'm also a victim of the drug war so I have a hard time taking there side.(If I never got busted I could have been president instead I'm just an ordinary criminal.) :peace:

The so-called WoD (it's actually a war on people, just like every other war). Causes prices - and profits - to be hundreds of times higher than they should be for relatively simple-to-produce products, even when addiction is factored in.

Coupled with the above, the years and billions spent on the WoD in all its facets have driven many domestic producers/suppliers out of the market.

Playing f*ck your neighbor in Central and South America, alternatively toppling and setting up governments depending upon which way the wind blew up the leading politicians' asses that day. Many times, ousting (etc.) heads of state who cared about their nation and their people and replacing them with ones who paid lip service to democracy yet were bloodthirsty mercenary SOBs who cared only for their own power and fortunes (and who often immediately laughed at the very US politicians that empowered them).

Supporting a climate both at home and abroad that causes more and more people to turn to drugs for escapism when they can no longer deal. Failing to enact a proper mental health program for both the treatment and prevention of mental ills (which have been described as society's ills, because often - obviously not always - the people so affected and afflicted would have been fine in a truly humane society and the majority of them would never have seen their illnesses initially express themselves).

IDK, I am not feeling especially coherent right now.

Here where I live from where the weed comes from I do not know? It never has any labeling can't tell the difference sometime it's better and sometimes not that good...........

Although it could be from a different source, if its compressed brick and low in quality there is a very good chance that it came from south of the border. Not always. Let your conscience be your guide.

Although it could be from a different source, if its compressed brick and low in quality there is a very good chance that it came from south of the border. Not always. Let your conscience be your guide.

I don't have an abundant amount of sources never had opportunity to choose which one.Just go searching who's holding at the time. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom