Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

Getting excited? I have a crazy ritual I go through getting everything all set up the night before. I prefer to chop right before dawn, but that's not always practical.

I'm getting excited for you. LOL!

Ugh! My iPad stopped accessing the Internet so I'm stuck with the phone screen until we solve the mystery. Too hard on the eyes. I'm going to call it a night. I got two tents up. I'm beat!

I'll see you tomorrow. Good night. :love:

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

Getting excited?

Honestly it feels a bit like being at that big family gathering and spending that last couple of days with a great Aunt who you know there's a pretty good chance won't live long enough to be at the next one. Every day is a blessing, but that goddamned ticking clock counting down the seconds drives me near mad.

I have a crazy ritual I go through getting everything all set up the night before. I prefer to chop right before dawn, but that's not always practical.

I think we have everything in place, the humidifier will have to go back in the tent with our Crown Royal first photoperiod, so I have to remember I won't be able to go in there before work in the morning once it's done.

She'll part from this world in the evening, it's really the only time during the workweek that we have to dedicate to her.

Bong-side service to follow, bring a casserole please. :)

I'm getting excited for you. LOL!

I think we've gifted away about half our current cured-enough stock, so it'll be nice to fill our pot-anty back up. I'm stupid excited to see her dry numbers and where she fits in with the other harvests from this grow.

Ugh! My iPad stopped accessing the Internet so I'm stuck with the phone screen until we solve the mystery. Too hard on the eyes. I'm going to call it a night. I got two tents up. I'm beat!

I'll see you tomorrow. Good night. :love:

That's unpossible! Apple products "just work", no?!?

Kidding, windows surface pro 3 user and career nerd, so I'll offer the best troubleshooting years of experience and education have provided me with.

Have you turned it off and back on again?

:)

We took Britney out to play tonight before supper, ostensibly to check for nanners but I think all three of us knew she wouldn't be going back to play with her sisters tonight. I don't think she has anything left to do or offer in the next two days, so we ate a quick supper and enjoyed our last moments with our final girl from our first ever grow.

She was incredibly special to us. In our (my) first #stonedmoron moment, I nearly killed her on her 21st birthday. This event and her amazing recovery inspired and excited us, she changed our perspectives and showed us the possibilities of this amazing plant. Before, we'd barely touch a leaf for fear of the oils on our skin affecting her negatively.

While putting this post together, I also figured out that Brit is the seedling that is my avatar, didn't actually know that until right now.

Britney's Life:

One Week old:

Two Weeks:

Three Weeks, the night I tried to kill her:

Here's where we knew she'd make it:
And here's Britney with her tape removed. Definitely didn't get the broken part together enough, but there's new growth above it so I'll keep the top, straighten her out with a popsicle stick splint, and remove anything that's dead.

Cleaned up, now for a splint. I have to say, asking a cohort to eat a fudgesicle so I could have the stick was odd, tells me it's the best job he's been assigned since we germinated.

Ready to start work on her comeback album.

Four Weeks, didn't realize it only took her a week to look decent, felt longer at the time :) :

Five Weeks:

Six Weeks:

Seven Weeks:

Eight Weeks:

Nine Weeks:

Ten Weeks:

Eleven Weeks:

Twelve Weeks, in her swick:

Thirteen Weeks:

And Finally, Tonight's Pictures:

Britney's Harvest Continued

Without her big fan leaves:

Taking small lower nugs. The lollipopping was definitely helpful, there was very little compared to the rest that weren't cleaned up during their grow:

Supports all removed, she managed to stay mostly upright for a couple of minutes only:

Her skeleton and roots:

Hung up to dry:

Big fan of the wide shots of our drying space:

So we still don't have a great way to do wet weight, but she was 8.2 lbs out of the tent, and 5.0 lbs without the plant on top, so it's safe to say we have about 3 pounds of plant off the top. We froze up 72 grams of quality sticky nugs we'd have been happy to get in a baggie of street weed a month ago but now have no present use for. Man that sounds wild to me.

Anyway. I'll likely do up a couple comparison posts and whatnot over the next week, but otherwise I'm just waiting for her dry weight to post that, and final totals from this entire grow.

a damn fine job.

:bravo:

:high-five: Damn fine job! You do one of the best harvest posts I read. Excellent retrospective of a stunning plant. I'm thinking maybe your street drug days are behind you???? :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Woah, she was stunning. What a turn around for her too! :cheer:

Ode To Brit

Brit, you are the grand finale of the first grow
It is bittersweet to see you go
You overcame the overwater
Got fixed up and you went farther.
You truly were an amazing plant
Your pics made me drool and pant
Now JayBizz and RTK
Will enjoy you many days​

Congrats on your first grow RTK and JayBizzle. For shizzle my......... well you can fill in the blanks

:goodjob: :cheer:

Thanks MzS! I was hoping we would see you make a tribute to Brit, she was a very special and overachieving girl. I'm sure we will enjoy her company for a long time :thanks:

:high-five: Damn fine job! You do one of the best harvest posts I read. Excellent retrospective of a stunning plant. I'm thinking maybe your street drug days are behind you???? :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Thanks Sue, I put some effort into them, particularly since in the early days I didn't document stuff very well. Next ones will be easy.

Our street weed days ended about three weeks ago now, been on our own stash since 6 days after we harvested Droopy.

:bravo: Very :goodjob: Art. Looks like your getting the hang of things ;) Excited to see the next one!

With the constant support of Shigs and many others in the early days, I think we did pretty damned well on our first grow. Imagine what we might have achieved if you had just bothered to show up a month or two earlier...

:)

Woah, she was stunning. What a turn around for her too! :cheer:

Her life was dedicated to teaching us the ways of the weed, and we'll remember her forever.

It's been a wonderful run, sad to see it over......

Man, me too! We will never again have a first grow.

Thankfully we have about a bit more than a pound of quality weed to console ourselves with. :high-five:

very impressive... enjoyed watching her finish out... can't wait to hear the dry total.

I'm having trouble judging her. Candi seemed really big to me too, but ended up pretty airy.

Brit:

Candi:

Ode To Brit

Brit, you are the grand finale of the first grow
It is bittersweet to see you go
You overcame the overwater
Got fixed up and you went farther.
You truly were an amazing plant
Your pics made me drool and pant
Now JayBizz and RTK
Will enjoy you many days​

Congrats on your first grow RTK and JayBizzle. For shizzle my......... well you can fill in the blanks

:goodjob: :cheer:

MzSiroz, I just absolutely :love: you!

:circle-of-love:

Just a drying space update today. The cool mist humidifier is keeping it at about 60% up by the plants. Temp is 72. Couldn't be happier with those numbers.

Couldn't help but play with one of the bigger ones:

Could use a bit more manicuring, but we'll take care of that after a few more days of drying.

It is awesome to have been along for the ride rtk and Jbiz. You guys got the fever and it doesn't show any signs of dissipating! I have so much happiness seeing you guys reap the rewards of a great grow. I see you guys in my minds eye just buried in jars, "Jbiz, what shall we smoke now?" "Well rtk why don't we just roll a giant joint with everything in it!"
Party on my brothers. But wait...isn't this a Canadian journal? I feel like you guys should be apologizing for something. :rofl:

So much good stuff ahead for you both. Glad I could be in on the OG journal! :bravo:

It is awesome to have been along for the ride rtk and Jbiz. You guys got the fever and it doesn't show any signs of dissipating! I have so much happiness seeing you guys reap the rewards of a great grow. I see you guys in my minds eye just buried in jars, "Jbiz, what shall we smoke now?" "Well rtk why don't we just roll a giant joint with everything in it!"
Party on my brothers. But wait...isn't this a Canadian journal? I feel like you guys should be apologizing for something. :rofl:

So much good stuff ahead for you both. Glad I could be in on the OG journal! :bravo:

Aw man! I'm so sorry I haven't been apologizing as much as I should have been. I think I've been hanging around with too many 'mericans lately.

I 100% know that we would not have come back to the cold floor ourselves had it not been for this site and the chance happening that you had the time to bother with a wordy newbie. This grow, and my enjoyment and later engagement with the larger 420mag community is only what it is today because of the friendship I am honored to have built with you.

No matter who wins any MOTM this year, my vote for MOTY 2016 is locked in already.

Man, bitter sweet! Good thing you have that beautiful DD to keep you from getting empty nest syndrome.

It really is. In a way I wish I'd just asked the mods to change the title to indicate a perpetual grow rather than start the second journal, but I remember how intimidating those 500+ page journals are when I first got here. Regardless the decision was made to end this one once Brit is jarred up and we get some final numbers.

I'm already rethinking the decision to take a month or two break after the second grow journal girls are finishing up, I just can't imagine not having a garden to spend time in every night. More honestly, we've been blowing through our the harvest from this grow pretty quickly, and I'm going to need some more CKS Revolver sooner than later. :)

How much cal/mag were you guys using per liter near the end?

We'll have to wait for Jaybiz to give us the exact number, he's our nute-man and I just bark out percentages, "let's cut calmag to 25% now".

Our calmag+ is 2-0-0, so we cut it down in flowering to avoid giving her too much N. Once this bottle is done and we get some 0-0-0 in we'll probably bump it back up again.

Man, bitter sweet! Good thing you have that beautiful DD to keep you from getting empty nest syndrome. How much cal/mag were you guys using per liter near the end?

I tried to keep it as close to 1.75ml per 4 ltrs water as I could.

Back
Top Bottom