Member of the Month: Feb 2016
Happy New Year everyone!
We planned to have these girls all sprouted and ready for tonight, with the idea of announcing our New Years Babies. But then I remembered it would only be in our timezone, so whatever. I'm shooting for the first journal of 2016 for the central time zone.
We popped the following weed babies from the wonderful folks at Crop King Seeds:
- 1 Jack Herer autoflower. (JH)
- 1 Early Miss autoflower. Britney's little sister deserves her own shot at the top. (NEM, for New Early Miss)
- 1 White Widow Feminized. (WW)
- 1 Crown Royale Feminized. (CR)
They went for their soak at around 4:00 on Saturday, Dec 26:
After spending a day at the spa, they napped in a damp paper towel in the dark for two days before any had tails, and by the third day one had pushed through the first layer. Erg! We picked her out as best we could without hurting her little tap, but we were worried.
Also worrying was that our white Widow cracked open, but hasn't progressed since then. We stuck her in soil anyway and will give her a couple three days at least to see if she wants to come out and meet you all.
We planted the two autos in 5 gallon fabric pots and the 2 feminized females in solo cups on Dec 30 after work. Medium was our remaining Sunshine Mix #4. We made sure to drill a couple of holes in the bottom of our cups first.
We are now growing "real" weed!
We still needed to finish setting up the veg tent, our original Secret Jardin DS120 with the Twilight Spider x4, a muffin fan for exhaust and a small clip fan on a pole to direct the spider's warmth downward. Shouldn't need much more for what this tent is going to do. We've decided to veg at 24/0 indefinitely.
We watered the solo cups to runoff with a large syringe so we could figure out exactly how much it took, which turned out to be 180ml. We put the same amount in a new solo just to get a visualization of how much that actually is.
We then decided we will feed the two autos a similar amount each for the first bit of water, adding another 60ml to account for that it'll dry out far quicker. In our first grow, before we'd found this wonderful forum, we soaked our 3 gallon pots on the first night. This time we plan on following Atrain's advanced feeding guide, once I find it again.
First date with the spider, back in action after a few weeks on vacation:
Like the stoners we are, we plugged the spider into the other side of the timer and the exhaust fan into the wall, then zipped up the tent for the night. We even watched the light go out at 10pm and didn't clue in.
We have a three sensor weather station thinger with one sensor in each tent, and one in the same room as the tents on a shelf. At about 1am I checked the temperature and humidity:
66.5 F and 40% RH. Too low for my liking on both. Well no wonder, the light was off and we're sucking dry basement air through the tent with nothing at all in need that air. When I plugged the spider in directly and turned off the exhaust fan I took a peak in with the intention of giving each a little mist of ph'd water directly over the seed...
Shockingly, we shouldn't have worried about Jackie poking through the papertowel and us having to extract her. She was buried a good quarter to half inch in soil, but stuck her head up within 6 hours. I was amazed and honestly, a little afraid.
JH still with her hat on:
By the 10 o'clock on New Year's Eve, she had thrown her hat somewhere and was starting to unfurl
CR was next out after 24 hours, also with her toque on:
NEM took a few hours later, maybe 26:
And unsurprisingly, WW hasn't been seen since she got her solo cup on.
So that makes up our second grow. Once my Dark Devils come in we'll be popping one of those for sure, along with a replacement WW if need be. No plant will remain untrained this time. We'll be topping all early and seeing what happens from there.